Make jc captain now - I'm starting an appeal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:20 pm

with Stevie out, I reckon Carra should be made captain.

he may not be the best player in the world but he is right up there with the best we have at the moment, and the passion he shows is a joy to watch. against chelsea he was showing such passion on the field, as he has done all season, that he deserves the captaincy i.m.o. he was the reason we only lost by a goal. his defending was simply superb yesterday. quite simply, he would run through wall for this great club of ours.

well, i originally suggested this BEFORE gerrard was injured, but no one seemed inclined to agree. anyway, the important thing was, armband or not, carragher TALKED to his teammates. the rest of them are far too quiet. cisse won't tell baros or garcia where he wanted the ball played, he'll just frown and stamp his feet. alonso acts like a well-brought up boy who's not sure how to speak to a bunch of ruffians. sami looks after himself and leaves the rest to look after theirs. they need to communicate with each other all the time, instead of waiting until half-time for a critique from rafa. the best liverpool teams were full of unofficial captains who kept each other on their toes. this lot are like librarians.

stand up and take a bow JC. you are a credit to both the shirt and the club. now is the time to be rewarded with the captaincy of the club you love.

:)  :)  :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:44 pm

JC Ive had doubts over but to be honest thang God weve got him but am uneasy about changing captaincies as it creates uncertainty.

But COMMUNICATION not enough going on between players
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:46 pm

Maybe take a leaf from Rugby union and have players in charge of tasks

Like Kirkland and Jamien do the shouting at set pieces get people organised

Have individuals takking ownership of certain situations and shouting out to their team mates
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:03 pm

Carra is red through and through, I agree he should be captain cos although sami is mint I think Carra will shout at the players and motivate them move :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:02 pm

:D Yer make him captain a.s.a.p. anyone see him yesterday telling kewell to f#ck off :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:07 pm

Don't think we'd see enough gain from Carragher being captain to off set the loss to Hyppia's confidence if he was stripped of the captaincy.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:08 pm

Also, changing captains again would send out all the wrong signals to our rivals and the media would have a field day with it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:33 pm

exactly
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:46 pm

taff wrote:Maybe take a leaf from Rugby union and have players in charge of tasks

Have individuals takking ownership of certain situations and shouting out to their team mates

Thats an interesting idea taff!

But maybe it would lead to arguing on the pitch between players.
Footballers and Rugby players mentality's are very different
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:51 pm

Redtribe wrote:Footballers and Rugby players mentality's are very different

you ain't kiddin. i'm a rugby player.

in rugby, the only player who can talk to the referee is the captain. the players also have utter respect for the referee insted of telling him to "f#ck off" everytime he gives a decision against them.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby akumaface » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:31 pm

JC has always possesses the heart and drive. WHy this hasn't spread to other players, I don;t know. Maybe the team is so divided that not everyone is on the same page. This might also shown the sport has changed to a me sport rather than a team sport. That makes the captaincy less meaningful since no one is listening. I think we need an intimated figure just to choke anyone not listening. Does anyone has a suggestion?
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:43 pm

Redtribe wrote:
taff wrote:Maybe take a leaf from Rugby union and have players in charge of tasks

Thats an interesting idea taff!

But maybe it would lead to arguing on the pitch between players.
Footballers and Rugby players mentality's are very different

Yeah there is but the mentality to win is a common thread throughout sport.

Rugby well England to be specific have tried new philosiphies and adapted ideas from other sports and they won the world cup in Australia which is one hell of an achievment even those who mock the game have to appreciate how much of an achievment that was.

It wont do football any harm to think that they do not have all the answers and this zonal along with other weaknesses I see in the team does come down to lack of confidence and communication.  Players have to know what their job is before stepping on a pitch and they have to have others to look for. Although making JC captain will undermine Hypia the players need someone to give directions and it aint always the captain you need leaders all over the pitch it looks like weve got individuals going into themselves
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion