Rafa to appeal red cards? - Has he got a case?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fauxy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:39 pm

From lfc.tv

"We will try to appeal against both red cards because for me it's very clear that Carragher was kicking the ball and the other one Degen was not kicking the player,"

"For me, the first one with Degen was a yellow card, and with the second one it was clear that Carra was kicking the ball and not Zamora," Benitez added. "I watched the replay and it is clear."

I think Rafa does have a case here. Carraghers was a brilliant tackle and if that was worthy of a red card then so was his tackle on Carrick last week. Degens was late and deserved a yellow. His feet were low and only one foot went in.

I saw some slaphead on skysports news this morning saying that Carragher whent straight through his man to get the tackle  ???
Fauxy

Postby Effes » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:45 pm

No
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Couple of journalists on "Sunday Supplement" (Sky) this morning agreed that Degen deserved no more than a yellow and Carragher made "a brilliant tackle, the best of the game" .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:26 pm

The way Degen went in on the guy I thought immediately put him at risk of a red. Not that the consequences carry any real significance for us.

Carra's one I'd have to see again.
LFC2007

Postby Dazzer » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:29 pm

100% both in hindsight are not reds.Degen one wasn't as bad as the Ref seen it I expect that to get revoked and The Carra one he clearly gets a foot on the ball I am sure after they see them both will be revoked and we get a big sorry from RA.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:30 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Couple of journalists on "Sunday Supplement" (Sky) this morning agreed that Degen deserved no more than a yellow and Carragher made "a brilliant tackle, the best of the game" .

I seen that as well woof they have a point I seen them both a few times and they both don't look like reds to me.  :no
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Degan's red was harsh but I can see why it was given and Carra has been cruising for a red for a lot of games now, he could easily have gotten a yellow if not caused a penalty earlier, oh and btw it should have been a red against Carrick last week. Carra's luck ran out.
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:19 pm

heimdall wrote:Degan's red was harsh but I can see why it was given and Carra has been cruising for a red for a lot of games now, he could easily have gotten a yellow if not caused a penalty earlier, oh and btw it should have been a red against Carrick last week. Carra's luck ran out.

A red against Carrick? What the f*ck are you smoking, Heimdall? Are you talking about the tackle he made inside the box where he got the top of the ball via his studs? How the f*ck should that have been a red card? Or do you mean the one against Owen instead?

As for the OP's post, yes, abso-f*cking-lutely we should appeal. That ref lost his bollox and caved in to media pressure following the Manc game. Was a cert to happen, especially Carra. None of them were reds. Degen's was a yellow at worst, absolutely disgraceful decision, and Carra's looked as if he made an infringement, but if the ref used his b"stard eyes, he would have seen that he didn't even make a tackle. It was 6 a dozen. Absolute joke.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:31 pm

Spot on Emerald - Carras tackle on Carrick was spot on - got the ball - no more needs said

As for both cards on sat - they should be rescinded - Degens downgraded to a yellow and Carras taken off completely - he got the ball , even Zamora admitted it .

Oh and Mark Bright is a complete tool -
Benny The Noon

Postby Dazzer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:05 am

Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:Degan's red was harsh but I can see why it was given and Carra has been cruising for a red for a lot of games now, he could easily have gotten a yellow if not caused a penalty earlier, oh and btw it should have been a red against Carrick last week. Carra's luck ran out.

A red against Carrick? What the f*ck are you smoking, Heimdall? Are you talking about the tackle he made inside the box where he got the top of the ball via his studs? How the f*ck should that have been a red card? Or do you mean the one against Owen instead?

As for the OP's post, yes, abso-f*cking-lutely we should appeal. That ref lost his bollox and caved in to media pressure following the Manc game. Was a cert to happen, especially Carra. None of them were reds. Degen's was a yellow at worst, absolutely disgraceful decision, and Carra's looked as if he made an infringement, but if the ref used his b"stard eyes, he would have seen that he didn't even make a tackle. It was 6 a dozen. Absolute joke.

Yep I think most of agree on this that first was yellow at best and secound he won ball.You can't hand out reds because of some tackle 5 mins earlyer or 1 match ago its should be judged on each tackle made.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:15 am

why shouldn't we appeal, every other moaning fuker appeals for everything. What would Fergie do? yep, he'd be appealling.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:09 pm

CARRAGHER - looks as if he got the ball, if so it was a tackle not a foul and no red card.

DEGEN - debatable whether it was red or yellow, anyone watching Cardiff vs Notts Forest yesterday might have seen a very similar challenge which was, in my opinion, worse and saw only a yellow card.

I can see Carra's appeal being successful if based on a case he got the ball, I can't see Degen's being successful since it is a claim it should have only been yellow and as far as I am aware if it was a bookable offence they won't rescind a red.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion