Ray kennedy appeal.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:01 am

I don't know if it's already been posted or not - but Ray Kennedy needs our help:

Ray of Hope

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:51 pm

Mmm, a very sad story and sometimes I ask whether certain current players who profess to be Liverpool through and through are a bit slow to put their hand in their pocket in times like these. Maybe they do, but surely a whip around at Melwood would quickly solve the financial side of Ray's problems rather than constantly going to the fans with cap in hand?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:57 pm

Ive said before one of the finest midfielders to grace our pitch i was llucky to see him play and the man will always get my respect ill be putting in.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:57 pm

Sad story indeed, Ray was a great player for us during the mid 70s. Cracking left foot.

I'd give him me last rolo for the performances he put in during his time at the club, and also when he was at Arsenal before us.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:59 pm

I seen this the other day on RAWK!

Very sad indeed.
In Kennedys day players sweated blood for the cause,they were paid well but nothing like the money players get now.
If this was to happen to a present day player in the future,the financial worries Kennedy has would not be a factor.It shows how much football has changed from then in terms of money.

The club should do something for him to make what time he has left comfortable and financially stress free.
I cant believe he was allowed to get so desperate that he had to sell his medals! :(

What would it take?£100k?
Small change to the club!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:04 pm

I think every couple of years, us and Arsenal have a match to help aid Ray, but that's all I can think of that the club does for one of greatest unsung heroes.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion