Kirkland is not englands no 1 keeper! - He aint even lfc's no 1.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 72-1090627431 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:36 am

So stop talkin Cods Wallop.

A lot of peoples opinion is that Chris Kirkland is Englands No 1 Keeper, but he hasnt even played for Liverpool that often.
HE's only played a few games or somethin daft, never had a proper run in the team, so how people can rate him above David James, and Paul Robinson etc is a joke. He's never played at Premiership level for even a whole season, or a run of even ten games say.

No one has ever seen him play, although he's been injured a lot, Dudek is always the first choice keeper.

My point is Kirkland is Not neccesarily the easy replacement for Dudek. Rafa may go out and buy someone else.
72-1090627431

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:51 am

I'm sorry but are you aware that the transfer window is open in January? We can't afford to lose all away games from this point to January because of Dudek. Kirkland is a better choice.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:21 am

WE ABSOLUTELY NEED TO GIVE KIRKLAND A CHANCE.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:37 am

Blimey,
         Beam me up Beni !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby mrcool2003 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:53 pm

i fancy the valencia goalkeeper, what about anyone else?

think dudek has ****** himself up now after the other nite, i never did forgive him for that forlan mistake against man utd, 2 seasons ago
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:54 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:i fancy the valencia goalkeeper, what about anyone else?

no mate i prefer women  :D  :D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:57 pm

stmichael wrote:
mrcool2003 wrote:i fancy the valencia goalkeeper, what about anyone else?

no mate i prefer women  :D  :D  :D

classic but his 33? or somethink and he made an awful error on wednesday night and dudek is low on confidence give green a season or 2 and i think we should buy him. p.s out of the top four there is not one english goalkeeper who is number 1  ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:59 pm

robert green is going to arsenal. you heard it here first. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:05 pm

stmichael wrote:robert green is going to arsenal. you heard it here first. :(

actually i heard it loads of places but i can't see aresnal buying an english players sol campbell the excepetiton but that was on a free  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:43 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:A lot of peoples opinion is that Chris Kirkland is Englands No 1 Keeper, but he hasnt even played for Liverpool that often.

Kirkland gets billed as the future England No.1 because - 1. He is 6,7" with a huge talent and - 2. There is a dearth of Goalkeeping talent in England. Jamo has blown it, Walker never had it and Martyn's past it. Robinson, Green and Kirkland are the ONLY other options.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:22 pm

I agree that Kirklands unproven. We only hear talk of how good this guy is. I find it hard to beleive that hes touted by many, professional pundits included, as being Englands No 1. Until he plays regularly in the Premeriship we will never know. His whole situation is becoming something of a farce. I would think its this season or never for Kirkland. If he cannot get past Dudek this term he may as well look for another club.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:10 pm

Dudek was originally down to go to Arsenal but the deal fell through and he ended up with LFC so I think Wenger will take from anywhere as long as they're good.

Keepers must be hard to find when you think of the mistakes Seamen made before he was booted.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion