Once again - It just aint right

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:46 pm

I know I was REALLY :censored: off after Japan because we should NOW be world champuions but the rotation business is all me :censored:.
If you've done the hard work in getting a winning team together them wait for something really serious before changing it.

I was made up to see the team all jumping in when a fight was kicking off a few months ago but where was the same team spirit last sunday when Reina was bullied  into a sending off.

The more you rotate the more you lose the team spirit.

Raffa is the best we've had since Paisley but he's got to learn that team spirit should be stuck with and forget about rotation till we've two teams like the russian prykes
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:02 pm

we all know how you feel ... rotation sucks! well it sucks at the moment... there's a thread about cisse on here, and i've already stated yes he isnt the best but when you rotate so much you can't get into a rythmn. As i mentioned there, you give him 4 or 5 games in a row  (as a striker not rw) and he will find his scoring form. Crouch aint a goalscorer, he does other things for the team and moro just cant play in the prem. so why not give cisse a proper run upfront, not just one and a half games...

OH AND STOP PLAY TRAORE!!! :angry:
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:09 pm

The problem is not the squad rotation this time, the problem is the 3 strikers we have at the club at the moment cannot find the back of the net.
I wont include Robbie as he hasnt started for us yet, but I have to seriously question the tactics as to why our forwars are not scoring.
Crouch scored 18 goals in the prem last season, I should imagine with less sevice than he gets now?
Or am I wrong?
Cisse was ok on the wing tonight he was quick put crosses in didnt tackle like, kept moanin but apart from that he did ok.
Morientes mised two sitters or rather the goalie saved them which ever way you want to look at it?
But Traore was not at fault for the goal, lets not make him a scapegoat, its just Rafa's learning ways I suppose.
plus we havent got a stricker that pops up and bangs one into the net.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:10 pm

yeah I noticed when Reina was bullied by Terry and co, he was left alone against hoards of Chelsea players gunning after him. Hate to say this but Maureen have drummed in team spirit among his mercenaries but we actually looked like a sorry team with very little hunger in recent weeks. Damm it...our forwards have never pull its weight the entire season and other than Carra, Stevie and Xabi, the rest don't seems like they give a sh*t
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:40 pm

The team spirit thing is spot on. For team spirit read professionalism. If somebody fronts up Terry and Particularly Gallas with proper eyeball to eyeball agression you get a handbags situation with a big group of guys. The net result of which of course is that nobody gets sent off because the ref' can't send everybody from the pitch. The minute Robben hit the deck, Liverpool players should've been falling over themselves to stick up for Reina. As for Gallas and Terry, though he may not have been the best manager in the World I'd like to have seen them try that sort of nonsense when Souness was playing.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:43 pm

bigmick wrote:The team spirit thing is spot on. For team spirit read professionalism. If somebody fronts up Terry and Particularly Gallas with proper eyeball to eyeball agression you get a handbags situation with a big group of guys. The net result of which of course is that nobody gets sent off because the ref' can't send everybody from the pitch. The minute Robben hit the deck, Liverpool players should've been falling over themselves to stick up for Reina. As for Gallas and Terry, though he may not have been the best manager in the World I'd like to have seen them try that sort of nonsense when Souness was playing.

Mick your dead right....
no way Souness would have put up with that. If the ref didnt take action, you can safely say Souness would have taken Robben to the cleaners later on in the game.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:00 am

sup, new member, halllooooooooo........

heres what i think...

Cisse - top scorer in french league before he came, but broke his leg and :censored: up his form....now he hardly gets played and when he does he doesnt do anything...out of position?
Nando - Can't get with English style of football. period. this probly causes him to get frustrated, loss of confidence etc.
Fowler - we will see......
Crouch - sigh. thought he would start bangin em in once he got over his drought, but sadly. not. did a bit of a darren bent last season (apart from bent scorin the penalty tonight) so wasnt on great form when he came.

and...Pongolle - showed promise, i guess, was bought as a striker and turned into a midfielder who has no chance of getting in the 1st team, why? but he did score when he did play...so, i dunno..

We have to practice set pieces more. defending and attacking.
STOP rotating the strikers FFS. show faith, and you may get results....and the ones on the bench can go suck a nut or train hard enough to get into the 1st team....the thirst for goalscoring will return then.
Defence is ok, we're allowed a few blips considering we have been keeping up with even chelsea's defensive record all season (until lately)
More creativity in midfield apart from gerrard wouldnt go amiss, and fullbacks helping out too.

hmmm cant think of much else right now, but sorry if i have just been repeating other peoples thoughts i only just registered and need to get things off my chest.

Be easy.  :buttrock
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:22 am

bigmick wrote:The team spirit thing is spot on. For team spirit read professionalism. If somebody fronts up Terry and Particularly Gallas with proper eyeball to eyeball agression you get a handbags situation with a big group of guys. The net result of which of course is that nobody gets sent off because the ref' can't send everybody from the pitch. The minute Robben hit the deck, Liverpool players should've been falling over themselves to stick up for Reina. As for Gallas and Terry, though he may not have been the best manager in the World I'd like to have seen them try that sort of nonsense when Souness was playing.

This is something Ive noticed too. Sometimes in situations like this ,when one of our players is under pressure , the rest ignore it and look at one another as if they dont know each other. Ive even seen Gerrard turn and walk away from it ,which is pretty damn lame if you ask me.
  Souness as a player would have been different of course, and so too the likes of McMahon or  Case or Ruddock, we just dont have a hard man in the team. Previously the likes of Paisley,Dalglish, even Souness had a hard man in the team or someone who could look out for the young players...I wish we had one now.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Squigels » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:51 am

Hard men aren't present as much these days. How many players are still around that would seriouly match up to the likes of Souness.

I wouldn't worry over the Riena buisness. Chelsea had him surrounded quick. it was almost as if it was planned.

Don't forget Crouch and others flying into a fight against Newcastle when Bowyer got sent off.
If they were truly aggrieved do you think Gerrard,Carragher and hypia would be afraid of Terry and Gallas.

Sorry to go off-topic here but There was A G.A.A (Gaelic Football) match between Dublin and Tyrone at the weekend the fight is spectaular evreyone joins in lasts about 3-4 minutes involving bout 32 people including subs and physios incredible stuff.
Squigels

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:00 am

Squigels wrote:Sorry to go off-topic here but There was A G.A.A (Gaelic Football) match between Dublin and Tyrone at the weekend the fight is spectaular evreyone joins in lasts about 3-4 minutes involving bout 32 people including subs and physios incredible stuff.

As a self-confessed Manc (and a very sensible one at that but even so) you're a brave man coming on here in the aftermath of our defeat to Charlton Squigs. That said, if you're one of those clever computer people you could maybe cheer us up a little by posting a link to said punchup.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rastalovich » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:05 am

Mikz wrote:

This is something Ive noticed too. Sometimes in situations like this ,when one of our players is under pressure , the rest ignore it and look at one another as if they dont know each other. Ive even seen Gerrard turn and walk away from it ,which is pretty damn lame if you ask me.
  Souness as a player would have been different of course, and so too the likes of McMahon or  Case or Ruddock, we just dont have a hard man in the team. Previously the likes of Paisley,Dalglish, even Souness had a hard man in the team or someone who could look out for the young players...I wish we had one now.

It`s too much of a different era for the sort of `sticking up` I know u`r thinking of.

In the past, maybe some1 would`ve hacked the shin of Rueblen at his next opportunity - the result might`ve been a free kick only and they whisper in his ear on the way up from sticking his thumb in his ear that he`d be better off not trying that again.

These days u get sent off, and probably up on FA charges. U face up against the other players and they all similarly drop like a sack of sheet. That`s if the ref`s got the balls.

U could see the likes of the chelsea players ganging around Reina, all in hope of maybe he`ll do something similar again so they can equally fall down.

It`s all disrespect for their fellow players, it`s fckuing pathetic to see but u see it all the time. A player acts up by either saying something to them out of earshot of the ref, or they act "cute" by tapping them on the head - all in hope of getting a reaction.

Too many players will react, and that`s what they`re hoping for and is why they do it.

These days, just talk with the ref and stay well out of it. SG can always land a tackle on Terry in england training if he feels that much agreived.

Taking that into account - how does that effect the england camp if one or 3 of them feel the same ? Not good.
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby Squigels » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:07 am

I won't mention it i know my audience 'don't mention the war'. I saw a great fighting video on youtube and will post the link to cheer you up.

If i can find it its special. GAA games get violent easily and this was the worst in a while between two of the best teams in the country in what was a pre season friendly kinda thing.

You Tube fight video

Dublin-Tyrone pictures off the BBC page Video to come Hopefully
Squigels

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:13 am

Squigels wrote:I won't mention it i know my audience 'don't mention the war'. I saw a great fighting video on youtube and will post the link to cheer you up.

If i can find it its special. GAA games get violent easily and this was the worst in a while between two of the best teams in the country in what was a pre season friendly kinda thing.

You Tube fight video

yeah c'mon squigels ya manc bugger, don't tease us with talk of punch-ups without at least giving us a link :buttrock  i see keane scored his first goal for celtic tonight btw ???
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Squigels » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:20 am

i have a video of it off the news not kinda highlights of the scrap Here ye go. Only 51 seconds long this so really highlights but good.

The battle of Omagh
Squigels

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:23 am

Squigels wrote:i have a video of it off the news not kinda highlights of the scrap Here ye go. Only 51 seconds long this so really highlights but good.

The battle of Omagh

handbags :no   :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion