John welsh - Why aint he getting a run in the team?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sparky » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:06 pm

Hey Peeps!!!

Judging on his performance last Night it looks Like John Welch has a bright future ahead of him!

Has anybody seen much of him, i.e his performances in the reserves etc?

How good do you think he could be?

Surely we have to give players with potential the opportunity and see how they progress?

Hate to  quote this, "You cant win anything with kids"!!!!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:19 pm

Hansen wasn't wrong, the backbone of the manu team was not kids. The names Schmeichel, Pallister, Bruce, Irwin, Keane, Robson, Hughes and Cantona mean anything to you? The kids thing is a perpetuated myth because a small number of young players were in the squad that won the championship

Man Utd vs Chelsea 05/03/94

Schmeichel ,Parker(Dublin ,72 ) ,Irwin ,Bruce ,Kanchelskis ,Pallister ,Keane ,Ince ,McClair (Robson ,81 ) ,Hughes ,Giggs

Man Utd vs Arsenal 19/09/93

Schmeichel ,Parker ,Irwin ,Bruce ,Sharpe ,Pallister ,Ince ,Keane ,Hughes (McClair ,89 ) ,Cantona ,Giggs
Subs not used: Kanchelskis, Sealey,

Man Utd vs Chelsea 21/10/95

Schmeichel ,Irwin ,Bruce ,Pallister ,Cantona ,Giggs ,Keane ,Cole ,Butt ,Gary Neville ,Scholes ( McClair ,79 )
Subs not used Sharpe, Beckham,

Man Utd vs Liverpool 01/10/95

Schmeichel ,Gary Neville ,Pallister ,Bruce ,Butt (Beckham ,45 ) ,Keane ,Sharpe ,Giggs ,Cantona ,Cole ,Phil Neville (Scholes ,72 )
Subs not used: Parker,

At least seven of each of those teams is not a kid, most of the "non-kids" form the backbone of the manu side
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sparky » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:11 am

If this is a formula that a manager could use, then i would say we have a decent backbone in place already i.e Hyypia Henchoz, Gerrard, Hamman, Owen all experienced enough.
Our problem we are surrounding these players with total average or inability to perform.  i.e Diao, Cheyrou, Diouf, Heskey, Traore, Biscan!!!

the youngsters that fergie used at least had, commitment, ability and a willingness to win and most of all learn!!!

I think we would be better by giving our youngsters with ability the chance to shine ahead of Houllier under achieving buys, Players like Le tallec, Pongolle, Welsh must be given a good stab at gaining that much needed premiership experience, you cannot prove yourself in the reserves!!!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby welshman » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:18 am

good shout on john welsh, but he'll never get a game if gerard and hamman are fit, but he should definately be ahead of diao for a place cos he's rubbish. i agree about the young player's cant understand why it was le tallec and not cheyrou dropped against portsmouth, he's been in good form, and although cheyrou scored a couple of goals lately he has been non existant in most games.
welshman

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:09 am

Cheyrou is improving.

Le Tallec has potential. Pongolle has raw ability/potential.

Welsh will not displace Hamann or Gerrard. Simple as that.
115-1073096938

Postby big al » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:20 am

Stu do you have an opinion about everything or are you mortal like the rest of us and some times just don't know?
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:02 pm

on football i do yeah :D

all i'm saying is Hamann and Gerrard are far better and alot more experienced.

*understatement*
115-1073096938

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion