The Shining
36%
Scream
18%
Nightmare on Elm Street
No votes
Halloween
9%
Dawn/Day/Night of the Living Dead (pick one)
No votes
Canibal Holocaust
No votes
The Exorcist
27%
Friday 13th
No votes
House of 1000 corpses
No votes
Other (please specify)
9%

Total votes : 11

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:49 pm

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

As a Horror movie Buff, that is one of my favorite sounds. I thought it was only right that I represent the Witches and Wolfmen of this world by taking on the Horror poll (hmmm, Horror Pole... I think I saw that one)

Here are ten of the most obvious choices around, the classics if you will, but don't forget the likes of the Ring, the Grudge, Saw, White Noise, Gothika or the brand spanking new (and really, really good) Devil's Rejects. Or the classics such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Henry, Silence of the Lambs, etc, etc, etc...

Don't forget to specify if you like the original or the remake, or which sequal so we can all find out what freaks you out the most.

As for me, I'd have to say Nightmare on Elm Street 1. I saw this when I was about 5, thanks to my kind Cousin Mike. It decensitised (spelling?) all Horror for me and the first time I saw the Exorcist (I think I was 9  and it was still banned) I laughed my head off. But Freddy still gives me the creeps and I always have a hard time sleeping on the nights when I've watched his antics.

:ghostface:  :devil:  :angry:  :laugh:  :buttrock
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:58 pm

It's "the shining" for me..

What a tension!.. :)
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:04 pm

Candyman spooked me when I was about 14.  Really freaked me out.

Tell you what also scared the sh!t out of me and you'll laugh at this because the ending is just so fucking pathetic.  Stephen King's 'IT'.

That clown Pennywise is just about one of the scariest things I've ever seen.  "Hey Georgie, don't ya wanna balloon?  They float down here, we all float down here and YOU WILL TOO....................."

My God how freaky is that!??!??!??!??

jonnymac1979

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:06 pm

i remember watching 'the brood' when i was in teens, that was freaky
112-1077774096

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:53 pm

i'm not a big horror movie fan - call me a wimp if you must but i don't much like being scared. having said that though 'the blair witch project' is brilliant and fantastically original - its the film that sits and f*cks with the back of my mind still to this day. the last 5 minutes are almost unbearable.

texas chainsaw massacre is a great film too.

but in the horror genre the most entertaining films have to be the Troma films - Class of Nuke 'em High, The Toxic Avenger, A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell. Genius.

oh, and Shaun of the Dead.

:D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:39 pm

Has to be the shining from that list for me, quality film.

Cannibal holocaust is not bad actually, pretty gruesome though.

I know Aliens has already been done in the sci-fi section, but for me it's the scariest film I've seen.

I quite liked The Ring also, I have to admit that bits of it scared the sh1t out of me, especially when Samara comes out of the TV, I nearly had a heart attack :D
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:45 pm

I've gone for the Exorcist .Back in the 70's I dropped some acid in Swaziland and then went to the movies and "the Exorcist " was showing   :wwww . Needless to say I was f'kin' terrified  :D  Hardly watched a horor movie since then except for  Evil Dead (2) which had me crying with laughter .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:48 pm

the grudge was a good scare, although horror's not really my cup of tea
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:15 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I've gone for the Exorcist .Back in the 70's I dropped some acid in Swaziland and then went to the movies and "the Exorcist " was showing   :wwww . Needless to say I was f'kin' terrified  :D  Hardly watched a horor movie since then except for  Evil Dead (2) which had me crying with laughter .

I did the same thing before I saw The Ring. Not clever.  :D

As for some of the other films mentioned:

The Blair Witch - I hated it. It was just poor production values which I feel is more lame than scary and after all the hype about it in the states, I was really disapointed. But I know that it did scare a lot of people so fair enough.

Troma - The best frickin movies ever. The Toxic Avenger is funking brillient.

It - I went to a Halloween party last year as It. Needless to say, I spent most of the time hiding and jumping out on people who would scream and run off to therapy because that film freaked out everybody.

Shaun of the Dead - Just plain exellent. Can't wait for the sequel.

Evil Dead - Has to be the funniest series of Horror Movies ever made. The bit where he cuts his hand off and it runs around swearing and stabbing people... Perfection  :D

Keep 'em coming...  :ghostface:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:26 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:It - I went to a Halloween party last year as It. Needless to say, I spent most of the time hiding and jumping out on people who would scream and run off to therapy because that film freaked out everybody.

Ace, you went as that fucking clown?  How did you even look at yourself in the mirror that night?  I couldn't sleep after watching that, I was convinced the bastard was going to come in through the window. 

I had to leave it open at night as it was the summer of 1994 (I was 14 years old) when I first saw the film, and that was one hot summer.  I scared the shit out of myself watching that.  Still can't look at clowns the same.

A couple of years ago, me and my ex-girlfriend were in Dublin for Paddy's day 2003, we were smashed walking the streets, and this fucking mime artist was doing his thing on the streets with all the make-up on and everything, I sobered up instantaneously and had to walk on the road with the traffic in case he picked on me as his victim to do stupid stuff to.  I don't trust the bastards, and I never will again after seeing that film.  Not even Ronald McDonald.  They're all mad, clowns.   :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
jonnymac1979

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:33 pm

clowns are the scariest things on, or even off, the planet. thats why kids are so badly behaved these days, they don't see enough clowns to keep them in a constant state of fear. bring back compulsory circuses for kids, i say!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:36 pm

I never had a problem with clowns. Be it Bozo or Violent J from the Insane Clown Posse. They've always made me laugh. :laugh:

Morris Dancers on the other hand... :O :angry:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:31 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Evil Dead - Has to be the funniest series of Horror Movies ever made. The bit where he cuts his hand off and it runs around swearing and stabbing people... Perfection  :D

Priceless  :laugh:  and then later he's blowing sh'it out of the wall trying to kill his sawn off hand and it pops out of a hole in the wall and gives him the finger  !  :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:47 pm

The Hills Have Eyes ( Oh my God ) Freaky.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:51 pm

mistyred wrote:The Hills Have Eyes ( Oh my God ) Freaky.

:laugh:
That Italian Referee (Collina ) scared the sh'it outta me .    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Non Football Related Polls