Episode 4 - A New Hope
25%
Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back
63%
Episode 6 - Return Of The Jedi
No votes

Total votes : 8

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:41 am

Just wondering. I'll be surprised if any of the first 3 (meaning the later 3) get a vote. Compared to the original trilogy, they were always going to have problems. I know the exact date of when I watched Episode 3. It was the 25th of May, 2005. Does that ring a bell for anyone?  :D

I think mine would probably be Empire. I love the stuff with Obi Wan and the destruction of the Death Star from Hope, and the final battles from Jedi, but Empire has so much more. At the end of it, you're left feeling unsure and slightly scared. Will Han be alright? Can Luke still be a Jedi with one hand? Who is this "other" that Yoda speaks of? And most importantly, is Vader really Lukes father? All of the original 3 a crackers and although the newer ones don't stand up so well beside them, they make the relationships of Obi Wan, Vader, The Emperor and Yoda much more meaningful in the earlier works.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:57 am

The Empire Strikes Back for me, although I did really enjoy The Revenge Of The Sith, I was really looking forward to that for years and it didn't let down.
jonnymac1979

Postby Woollyback » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:25 am

the original and best, episode 4 :cool:  :cool:  :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:51 am

Has to be Empire for me. It was the first ever film where the baddies won! Innovation personified.

My order:-
Empire Strikes Back (5)
Revenge of the Sith (3)
A New Hope (4)
Attack of the Clones (2)
Return of the Jedi (6)
A Phantom Menace (1)

I have to echo JMac's comment, Revenge of the Sith was quality and didn't fail to impress - why? The baddies (technically, bar the birth of Luke and Leia) won!

My list is not to say A Phantom Menace was bad - it get's a lot of stick, but it's a story setter, a beginning - even if it had of got done on it's own, A New Hope would have been a good film but it didn't need to start the story fully like A Phantom Menace had to.

Return of the Jedi is so low because, bar the Han Solo rescue from Jabba, it's basically a rehash of A New Hope, except with a bigger, better space battle (as you would expect, given it was released 6-7 years later than A New Hope).

All this Star Wars talk has got me going, think i'm gonna fire up KOTOR again! :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:25 am

i only ever watched the origional one, star wars is for nerds.   

although i have met kenny baker and his missus on lots of occassions, great guy
112-1077774096

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:43 am

ESB for me, followed by the original.  Just don't enjoy the new ones as much, maybe I'm just getting old!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:46 am

Empire for me , really was a great sequel, the final one was ruined for me by a bunch of teddy bears beating up elite troopers though first original really did blow me away as a 10 year old .
The first 3 prequels while enjoyable still are pretty disappointing, when you consider the time, budget and technical advances that occurred when they were made. You really do have to wonder, George couldnt you have spent a little less on CGI and more on script writers. Also your billionaire so do you really need to make characters and scenes which seemed purely designed to cash in on the merchandise market
Last edited by laza on Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:25 am

The first Trilogy and Revenge of the Sith. Star Wars was the first film I were watched at the Cinema, so have a soft spot for it.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:43 am

noramlly all girls vote for jedi because of the ewoks. for me its empire... it cant be beaten. i did however enjoy the latest 3 films, but i like star wars and u gotta admit they tied up the story well in the end
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:18 pm

If anyone here was watched space, my attitude towards Phantom Menace is that of Tim's. Ja Ja Binks will always go down in my books as Lucas' worst creation, whether it's regarded as racist or not, it's just not very good. It did have a couple of gimmicky bits that annoyed me too. The double ended light sabre was alright, but Ja Ja's lot were just a taller version of the Ewoks who could speak, the Naboo starfighter was a weak attempt at trying to dethrone the X-wing and some of it was just too predictable ( who was honestly surprised when Ani got in the jet, or that Qui Gon got killed or...blah, blah, blah). If I was going to list them in order it would be: Empire, Hope, Jedi, Sith, Clones, Menace.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:46 pm

Ironically the last film actually leads to the first three making sense .. oh well the world of Lucas Films  :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:01 pm

The worrying thing is that it may not be over yet. Originally Lucas not only planned for a trilogy of prequals, but a further trilogy of sequals! Whether he can be bothered or whether he lasts long enough is another matter.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:02 pm

.. well he better hurry up then cos half of them are ..like ... umm Old or dead ay :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:50 pm

Empire strikes back without doubt.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:20 am

The Ace1983 wrote:The worrying thing is that it may not be over yet. Originally Lucas not only planned for a trilogy of prequals, but a further trilogy of sequals!

Please God - NO!!!  :no

Star Wars is a pile of sh*te, just like Star Trek.

Geeky films/programmes for geeky people.  :nod  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Non Football Related Polls