The Shining
36%
Scream
18%
Nightmare on Elm Street
No votes
Halloween
9%
Dawn/Day/Night of the Living Dead (pick one)
No votes
Canibal Holocaust
No votes
The Exorcist
27%
Friday 13th
No votes
House of 1000 corpses
No votes
Other (please specify)
9%

Total votes : 11

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:46 pm

i forgot about them Barry good call,The omen when i first saw it shat me up too,and those bloody evil dogs
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 am

You great big bunch of nancies!!!!!
And Jmac - you utter girl!!!!!
I haven't been scared by a film for years! Some make me jump, but I think I'm more or less past the "can't sleep through fear" stage!!!!!

The scariest films I've ever seen, together with the age (about) I watched them at:

The Boogeyman (3/4 years old at most). I absolutely crapped my pants for weeks after watching that bloody thing. It must have been on at about 4 in the afternoon aswell!!!!! I hated that - he had snot and bogies for a face. Unnerving stuff that.

Childs Play. (5-7) Can't remember exactly how old I was, but I watched it with my older Brother and his girlfriend in the dark. I had real problems getting past the fear that evoked!!!

Nightmare on Elm Street (5-8?) I can't remember which one it was, but I know I regretted agging my brother to let me watch it!

IT (10-ish) When it came on TV (in three parts). I was watching it alone in my bedroom - not a good idea.

The most frightening things for me were the realistic programmes. I know it's not a film, but "London's Burning" had me crapping my pants about fire for years. It used to be on on a Sunday night, and I was seriously terrified by it. I used to have to check every light switch about ten times, and devised my own escape route (which involved climbing out onto the kitchen roof and jumping down on to the coal bunker, then the grass!!!!!).
It's always been the same with me - if something can happen realistically then I'd be scared.
Terminator I and II really had me worried. The prospect of a nuclear war for someone who's scared to buggery by fire is very disturbing. (Think Sarah Conner scene where she goes to the playground fence in her dream and the bomb lands.)

The best horror recently was "Descent" - if your a bit wimpy, don't watch it - seriously. Then "The Ring", and thats about it.
"Jeepers Creepers" was and is the biggest pile of horse sh*t ever made, "Saw" was a total letdown (I watched it the other day) - OK, but nothing like I was hoping, and the less said about "Scream" the better.

The best horror films ever (IMO) are the "Hammer Horrors" though. For my money Peter Cushing was a damn fine actor, and whether he played the hero or the villian, he was always fantastic. I know they're very dated and cliched now, but remember that the stories and plots were all origional back then, and what we now view as a cliche, was being done for the first time in these films. Utter brilliance. I used to love it when they were on the TV every Friday night at about 1.35am!!!!! Magic!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:44 pm

neil wrote:The Thing was fantastic, Alien s.hit me up, Aliens s.hat me out, then there was Predator....poo'd me trollies.

lightweight neil  :D

exorcist Image

Aliens -  :)

Dawn/day whatever of the dead  :(

thats about it
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:32 pm

I watched SAW 2 the other night its well freaky!!
Its a lot more physcological than the first one,well worth watching if ya like that sort ofd thing! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:00 pm

Anyone watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:05 am

Just watched a new horror called Tamara but it was sh.ite  :D
And I watched Zombie Honeymoon the other night that was hillarious  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:05 am

evil dead...hehe.
darwisigila

Postby babu » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:44 am

neil wrote:The Thing was fantastic, Alien s.hit me up, Aliens s.hat me out, then there was Predator....poo'd me trollies.

'The Thing' - watched when I was quite young. No horror movie has had the same impact on me since.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:16 am

children of the corn i saw when i was 10.. that scared me.

or the dream bit in american werewolf in london

or ichi the killer for gross out horror
or braindead lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Non Football Related Polls