Should owen come back or stay in spain - Owen stay in spain or come back

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Live4pool » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:35 pm

the great one wrote:
Live4pool wrote:One more thing. What number is he going to get back at Anfield. They just can't strip that No. 10 off Gracia's back ?
Also, what are we going to do with our old No 10s, if he gets a No.99.

Hmm, too much complication. May he should only come back next season.

none the only way he will come bak to anfield is if we play real madrid in the champions league or a friendly.

Yeah, and only if Senor Raul says so.
Live4pool

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:46 pm

do you lot forget how many goals Owen scored for us.  In this current team he would be awesome.  I would welcome him back.  Some people on this forum, look at life through rose tinted glasses.  Losing Owen this season has been a nightmare.  get real guys, cisse, baros and pongolle don't come close to him, although I hope they do a job this season.  they should with the amount of talent in the midfield opening up oppostion defences
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby L-type » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:28 pm

the great one wrote:
L-type wrote:i dont think baros will ever start banging goals in, and honestly you say Owen turned his back on the club when he was "our servant for a while"well that kind of talk pisses me right off !! :angry:   He carried this team the entire time he was here,a dn now that he left he's automatically over the hill at 24.. so how about you ****** shut the ****** up and hope cisse and baros can be half as good.  :angry:

yeh i agree baros always has he's head down when he plays for us i still remebering him scoring at great goal at elland road that was so special. but its the truth he did turn his bak off wat kinda off person says all through the summer there confident there gonna sign a new deal and says how pleased he was with cisse and leave us on the day off the new premier season :angry:  we could of got 35m but we got some spare change to real 8m  ???  well no he never carried the team for the whole time he was here  :angry:

What about in the 2001 fa cup against arsenal?
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:21 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:do you lot forget how many goals Owen scored for us.  In this current team he would be awesome.  I would welcome him back.  Some people on this forum, look at life through rose tinted glasses.  Losing Owen this season has been a nightmare.  get real guys, cisse, baros and pongolle don't come close to him, although I hope they do a job this season.  they should with the amount of talent in the midfield opening up oppostion defences

I prefer not to get Owen back, do you really want the team build around Owen? I don't. I want to see more than one player score, depending on one player is never good.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:39 pm

it wouldn't be depending on one player to score, just look at arsenal thierry has 5 goals already this season, but more importantly he has 8 assists, he consistently has helped reyes improve, which i believe he could do for cisse.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:19 am

L-type wrote:
the great one wrote:
L-type wrote:i dont think baros will ever start banging goals in, and honestly you say Owen turned his back on the club when he was "our servant for a while"well that kind of talk pisses me right off !! :angry:   He carried this team the entire time he was here,a dn now that he left he's automatically over the hill at 24.. so how about you ****** shut the ****** up and hope cisse and baros can be half as good.  :angry:

yeh i agree baros always has he's head down when he plays for us i still remebering him scoring at great goal at elland road that was so special. but its the truth he did turn his bak off wat kinda off person says all through the summer there confident there gonna sign a new deal and says how pleased he was with cisse and leave us on the day off the new premier season :angry:  we could of got 35m but we got some spare change to real 8m  ???  well no he never carried the team for the whole time he was here  :angry:

What about in the 2001 fa cup against arsenal?

yeh he has carried the team a couple of time but he wouldn't of scored them goals if it wasn't for his team mates didn't the dirty work so he can grab the headlines  :angry:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:22 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:do you lot forget how many goals Owen scored for us.  In this current team he would be awesome.  I would welcome him back.  Some people on this forum, look at life through rose tinted glasses.  Losing Owen this season has been a nightmare.  get real guys, cisse, baros and pongolle don't come close to him, although I hope they do a job this season.  they should with the amount of talent in the midfield opening up oppostion defences

yeh ian rush scored lots of goals for us lets welcome him bak  ???  no he wouldn't he can't even make the first team of real madrid guti and some youth are gettin a game ahead of him  :D  we should never vist the past its moving on new player not old players ian rush was an exspection owen is finished  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:55 am

Definite no.

We don't need him to bang in the goals as we have more options right now but more importantly, he is not the same player he was before. Has lost his speed which was his main asset for him to get at the end of his extraordinary eye for openings. His predatory instincts may still be there but without his speed, we will not get at to capitalise on the chances as frequent as he did before.

Tnahk you for your services to Liverpool FC, Michael Owen. Perhaps a move to Man City is on the cards...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:20 am

He shouldn't come back, it was time for him to go!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:56 pm

No way would I have him back, if we got a good fee for him and he never messed us around so much I would have wished him all the best for his years of service.
But its the way he went, committing his future saying he wants to stay at Anfield for a couple more years at least then 3 days later hes off to Madrid for a knockdown fee :angry:

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby zarababe » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:47 pm

I'll have him back to pelt him with oranges and lemons... :D

Have him back for 1 million... half of what we paid for Garcia :p
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC08 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:08 pm

If i was the manager i would take him back!
LIVERPOOL FOREVER!
I'll take it to the Grave
I will as well.
LFC08

Postby miniman » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:44 pm

If I thought for one second that he would do a "Rushie" for us then he could come back tomorrow.  neah yesterday :grinning:
All bow at the mention of a great legend :D  :D
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby the great one » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:13 pm

miniman wrote:If I thought for one second that he would do a "Rushie" for us then he could come back tomorrow.  neah yesterday :grinning:
All bow at the mention of a great legend :D  :D

legend? who  ???
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby miniman » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:39 pm

the great one wrote:legend? who  ???

In my eyes Rushie is a legend. He played the way owen should have been played, He was a master within 8 yards, feed him the ball in the box area and he could nip it past the keeper with ease every time.
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge