Should owen come back or stay in spain - Owen stay in spain or come back

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby the great one » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:34 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:He wanted to leave because he wanted to win titles and also because he thought that this move could give him a chance of becoming a better player by training with the best players in the world. If he was convinced that he couldn`t acchieve this while playing for Liverpool, I can`t possibly understand how he can erase such statements now.

However, if he was to leave Real I definately wouldn`t want him to join another club in the premiership  ??? 
Can you imagine him in EPL without Liverpool-kit? I can`t, that`s for sure.

Manchester City, who tend to buy all former Liverpool players, would probably fight for his signature, which would mean them having Owen, Fowler, mcManaman and Anelka in the squad...  ???

dnt forget calmity james surely  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC08 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:35 pm

I tell u what I a gree with miniman we need someone like shankley
LIVERPOOL FOREVER!
I'll take it to the Grave
I will as well.
LFC08

Postby the great one » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:38 pm

u can forget that there will never be another shankly :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:39 pm

the great one wrote:
addicted norwegian wrote:He wanted to leave because he wanted to win titles and also because he thought that this move could give him a chance of becoming a better player by training with the best players in the world. If he was convinced that he couldn`t acchieve this while playing for Liverpool, I can`t possibly understand how he can erase such statements now.

However, if he was to leave Real I definately wouldn`t want him to join another club in the premiership  ??? 
Can you imagine him in EPL without Liverpool-kit? I can`t, that`s for sure.

Manchester City, who tend to buy all former Liverpool players, would probably fight for his signature, which would mean them having Owen, Fowler, mcManaman and Anelka in the squad...  ???

dnt forget calmity james surely  :D

Now I didn`t forget him, but the players I mentioned I consider capable of making trouble for us. Calmity James playing for them would be our benefit   :D
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC08 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:39 pm

LFC08 signing off till nextime!
LIVERPOOL FOREVER!
I'll take it to the Grave
I will as well.
LFC08

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:47 pm

miniman wrote:
LFC08 wrote:at Anfield it's teamwork not a one man band!and it's not about money.

We should go back to the Legand that was Shankly, his way worked, simple but effictive

i agree with that entirely, although i do believe that rafa can become a legend given time. infact i just tracked down an article from henry winter in the telegraph from after the monaco game which pretty much sums this up perfectly.

....................................................................................

Watching Liverpool exuberantly set about Monaco on Wednesday evening, the eyes gradually focused on the uplifting sight that the players' match-night attire has changed from straitjacket to dinner jacket. Liberated by Rafael Benitez, Liverpool looked stylish and ready for action.

One victory does not make a season, of course, and caution should be urged as Manchester United lie in wait on Monday. However, it cannot be denied that a calm wind of change blows in from Spain and breathes new hope into Anfield. Those who inhabit the Kop know their football and they keep singing Benitez's name.

What is immediately striking about the newcomer from Valencia is how well he fits in. The surprise should be minimal. An unpretentious, friendly soul with a razor-sharp football mind, Benitez shares many traits with illustrious predecessors in the Liverpool dug-out.

In between giving prescient advice to Djibril Cisse and company on how to break down Monaco, Benitez could have paused and flicked through a matchday programme containing a pictorial tribute to the Boot Room. The greatest compliment that can be paid Benitez is that he would not have been out of his depth, sitting on a laundry skip in this glorified cupboard near the dressing rooms, sipping tea and mulling over footballing quandaries with such revered thinkers as Bob Paisley, Bill Shankly, Joe Fagan, Ronnie Moran, Reuben Bennett, Roy Evans and Tom Saunders.

Kenny Dalglish, who succeeded Fagan after Heysel, was always in awe of the Boot Room, confiding that as a player he never dared enter because he was "not clever enough". A brain-trust was convened within. It was 11 years ago, during Graeme Souness's reign, that the Boot Room was demolished and incorporated into media quarters.

Yet the Boot Room has always been as much a creed as a location, as much about flesh and blood as bricks and mortar. Benitez continues the spirit by being such a formidable student of the game. His footballing nous is obvious. After the defeat of Monaco, Anfield's DJ spun every disc with lyrics containing the word "revolution", but Benitez has actually done little radical.

He has merely loosened the reins which had become tightened under Gerard Houllier. He has just applied the little grey cells to the task in hand. Jamie Carragher has been moved to centre-half, his best position. Steve Finnan has responded well to his right-midfield role now that Josemi has arrived at full-back. John Arne Riise is flying again.

That Australian tourist, Harry Kewell, has been reminded that his talents need employing regularly and the left-winger gave indications of his class against Monaco. Maybe the emergence of young Stephen Warnock, a promising force down the left, will focus Kewell's mind. Benitez also deserves praise simply for giving prospects like Warnock a chance.

A new manager's reputation is more usually shaped by the quality of his signings and, so far, Benitez has excelled. Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso and Josemi look like they have been on Merseyside for two years, let alone two months. Garcia, a one-man expressionist movement, is already a darling of the Kop. Alonso looks the truest class, though, with his smooth passing and move-building.

Cisse, a Houllier legacy, will grow when he absorbs lessons about beating offside from Benitez. Echoes abound of Arsène Wenger's work with Nicolas Anelka and Thierry Henry, making them more dangerous strikers through learning how to channel their pace to avoid the linesman's flag.

Benitez looks very much at home at Anfield, in tune with the club's philosophy of collective before individual. Asked to deliver a few eulogising words about Alonso, the Liverpool manager kept emphasising it was a team game. Invited to praise Cisse, Benitez focused on the range of attacking options. Benitez's post-match briefings are not going to fill many notebooks nor require overtime payments to quotes-of-the-year anthologists.

Headlines will flow from deeds not words. The old Boot Room would approve.

:)  :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby miniman » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:52 pm

They should rebuild the bootroom, I hate that git souness he destroyed Liverpool
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby mynameisred » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:55 pm

Until we have a player who can score the goals like Owen did we will miss him. Simple as. When somebody does start bangin them in he will be quickly forgotten I guess.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard#1 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:53 pm

yea i thikn untill baros starts scorin like he did in euro 04' we will miss him tho i dnt think tht he shud kum bkk he has gne n i dnt think there is a place 4 him now
U say get over him, i say get under him!!:P
Gerrard#1

Postby miniman » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:12 pm

Does anyone think that his "dry spell" was anything to do with the lack of feed he was getting. Or was he just done ???
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby L-type » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:32 pm

i dont think baros will ever start banging goals in, and honestly you say Owen turned his back on the club when he was "our servant for a while"well that kind of talk pisses me right off !! :angry:   He carried this team the entire time he was here,a dn now that he left he's automatically over the hill at 24.. so how about you ****** shut the ****** up and hope cisse and baros can be half as good.  :angry:
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Live4pool » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:00 am

I believe Liverpool and most of its  fans would welcome Owen back. However, it's not likely to happen in January 2005 :

1. Owen is still a cash cow for RM world-wide particularly in the growing Asian ecomomies like Japan and China.
2. RM has not sold enough No 11 Shirts to offset the 8 mil.
3. There is no other "Galaticos" available in the Jan window for RM to replace him.
4. Owen will be cup-tied for any other CL teams, if he plays. Maybe we should watch this space.
5. Owen is unlikely to settle for less than a CL medal - note: not neccessary play.
6. Owen has not mastered the Spanish language to say " I quit".
7. There might be a clause on the sales agreement : "once the goods is sold, cash is not refundable"
8. or Possibly " the 30-day no-question-asked cash refund for unsatisfactory goods" has expired.
9. or probably, " the goods exchange cannot take place because Pool damaged theirs in Nunez.

:blues:
Live4pool

Postby Live4pool » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:07 am

One more thing. What number is he going to get back at Anfield. They just can't strip that No. 10 off Gracia's back ?
Also, what are we going to do with our old No 10s, if he gets a No.99.

Hmm, too much complication. May he should only come back next season.
Live4pool

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:09 am

Live4pool wrote:One more thing. What number is he going to get back at Anfield. They just can't strip that No. 10 off Gracia's back ?
Also, what are we going to do with our old No 10s, if he gets a No.99.

Hmm, too much complication. May he should only come back next season.

none the only way he will come bak to anfield is if we play real madrid in the champions league or a friendly.
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:22 pm

L-type wrote:i dont think baros will ever start banging goals in, and honestly you say Owen turned his back on the club when he was "our servant for a while"well that kind of talk pisses me right off !! :angry:   He carried this team the entire time he was here,a dn now that he left he's automatically over the hill at 24.. so how about you ****** shut the ****** up and hope cisse and baros can be half as good.  :angry:

yeh i agree baros always has he's head down when he plays for us i still remebering him scoring at great goal at elland road that was so special. but its the truth he did turn his bak off wat kinda off person says all through the summer there confident there gonna sign a new deal and says how pleased he was with cisse and leave us on the day off the new premier season :angry:  we could of got 35m but we got some spare change to real 8m  ???  well no he never carried the team for the whole time he was here  :angry:
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge