Padelli pleads for reds stay

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:24 pm

anyone knows how good he is to stay red?

Sky sports

Daniele Padelli is aiming to convince Rafa Benitez he is worthy of a prolonged stay at Anfield in what remains of the current campaign.

The Sampdoria shot-stopper moved to Liverpool on loan in January and The Reds have the option to make the deal permanent in the summer.

With Jerzy Dudek and regular number one Jose Reina ahead of him in the pecking order, Padelli is likely to be restricted to reserve team football as he attempts to win over Benitez.

On-loan Charlton keeper Scott Carson is also on Liverpool's books but, with Dudek expected to depart at the end of the season, Padelli has spied an opportunity to seal a permanent switch to Merseyside.

"Coming to Liverpool was a dream, and on the day I signed the dream came true," Padelli told the Liverpool Echo.

"To tell you the truth, I nearly fainted when I heard Liverpool were interested in me. It was a surprise.

"I am honoured to be the first Italian here and I hope to do well. My aim is to hold the Italian flag very high.

"I really hope to be staying beyond this season, but no one can ever be sure of anything.

"I'm not saying I am as good as any of the champions here, but my aim is to work very hard and try to achieve this."

Padelli's path to the Liverpool first team could be given a helping hand if reports in Tuesday's newspapers are to be believed.

Various sources have credited Arsenal with a strong interest in Carson as a potential replacement for German number one Jens Lehmann.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge