Crouch - Improving

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:14 pm

hes definetly improving and i think wen he scores 1 u wont be able to stop him ............well i hope  :p  him like morientes at the moment lacks how the french would say je la confidence
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:03 am

cisse score for france last night. his record is good. Come on crouchy
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:31 am

Crouch has a good touch but his heading ability is poor for such a tall guy, especially if he jumps and heads the ball at the same time. Graham Taylor has sid that his jumping may not be that strong because he does not need to rely so much on jumping ability because he is so tall.

He has been working his butt off and he desperately needs a goal. We also don't use his ability to knock down and make some play for a partnering striker as much as we should because this is his strength.

I hope he scores soon, he desperately needs that for his confidence.

I can't fault him at all for his efforts. Kewell needs to pay attention, and try to put in a bit more effort into his game.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:31 pm

azriahmad wrote:Kewell needs to pay attention, and try to put in a bit more effort into his game.

i reckon you'll incur the wrath of some of our antipodian tasmanian devils with that remark  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:24 am

wad is done is done...u don't expect any refund from his former club...now we can do is hope for the best and wish he would at least score a goal soon...we should give him support instead of jeering him...that wouldn't help much too...sell him now...u must have gone out of ur mine...how much can we get for him now...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:18 pm

*XABIALONSO* wrote:hes definetly improving and i think wen he scores 1 u wont be able to stop him ............well i hope  :p  him like morientes at the moment lacks how the french would say je la confidence

My french  is not the best but je la convidence means  I it confidence
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:58 pm

Poor peter crouch, he trys so hard yet he cant score.

I have to admit the last goal in the argentina game i thought for a moment crouch had got the header, wished he had really. However i do feel the games he plays seem to change for the better when he comes on even tho he doesnt score he seem to cause problems for defences which creates chances for other players.

I hope he gets his first goal soon im hoping he will get us at least 10 goals this season.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:34 pm

xd3vilx wrote:wad is done is done...u don't expect any refund from his former club...now we can do is hope for the best and wish he would at least score a goal soon...we should give him support instead of jeering him...that wouldn't help much too...sell him now...u must have gone out of ur mine...how much can we get for him now...

make up your mind man  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:48 pm

I don't think Crouch is improving at the moment.  I'm sure he will though...most likely when he gets off the mark.
:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:30 pm

I think his overall game has been pretty good, he just can't seem to score... which is a rather important part of his job.

He needs a goal soon or his confidence will be shot, if anything though I would say his last few games for Liverpool have been poor when you look at his attempts.  He hasn't seemed to hit the ball cleanly and always appears to be a yard behind the ball.

His build up play has been his saving grace.  Outside the box, he seems to has a great first touch and looks in control of what he is doing. His problems start when he gets in front of goal, but that could be the anxiety of getting his first goal.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:19 pm

As I probably won't stay and therefore the backlash will be water off a duck's back I have to say Crouch is not a Liverpool quality player. To give him credit for his work-rate is laughable, yes he works hard and tries hard but that should be a must not considered an asset. Lazy :censored: must be ejected from Liverpool. His finishing has been poor, headers and shots straight at the keeper and even though he forced a save from the penalty yesterday he surely must score a gift wrapped chance like that.

His pace is just not sufficient, while his touches on and passes of the ball are quite good that really isn't what you pay £7m for. We sold Baros for less before giving him a chance. As for turning matches for us, the penalty against Villa was a soft award. If we had been on the receiving end I know ALL of you would have been up in arms. Cole turned the game for England against Argentina, I saw one contribution from Crouch worth anything and that was chasing down a defender in the right back slot which lead to a Beckham effort on goal. All this "he causes defenders problems" I've heard it all before of players who have little else to give them credit for.

I wasn't wrong about Houllier, we'll see if I'm right about Cisse (not being worth £14m) and I'm hoping I'm not wrong about Benitez being the man to win us the league. The latter's job was made so much harder by moneybags buying the league for Chavski, it may be noone but chavski can win the league
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:19 pm

i think we are now going in the right direction mate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:08 pm

id rather start with morientez and cisse, bring on crouch if we need soething different, thats what he was brought for.

Its all well and good saying hes doing everything but score, but hes a striker!!! his job is to score. We have a good enough midfield for them to create so he should be poking the goals in. Make him a sub for a bit, what we need is to keep winning, not to keep saying 'aww bless him, hes trying so hard'

(i knwo this is harsh and now i bet he scores tonight!!!)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fuios » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:37 pm

i think he cost too much,how old is he, however i think he will to quite well but i expect him not to stay too long at liverpool
You'll never walk alone in liverpool, but you will in everton
Fuios

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:25 pm

crouch the superstar :)

all the players rate him highly (no pun intended), its great to see such TEAM spirit :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge