Crouch - Improving

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:59 pm

drummerphil wrote:Hey Alan whats all this nicey nicey......has get a life struck a nerve......:laugh:

:D  Maybe Alan got some at the weekend!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:08 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
drummerphil wrote:Hey Alan whats all this nicey nicey......has get a life struck a nerve......:laugh:

:D  Maybe Alan got some at the weekend!

i'm fickle at times  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:19 pm

Alan luvs get a life  :hearts ....:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:39 pm

phil  :hearts chelseafornow :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:44 pm

I was actually pretty excited when I heard we were interested in Crouch. I think I was one of the few. :D

I think he's played fairly well so far, and I definitely like having him as an option in our squad. The only worrying thing for me, is that he's had a couple of golden opportunities to score via crosses to his head. He's messed them up. Birmingham, and against Villa...to name a couple. This is supposed to be his specialty, but as of this moment...little Luis is the man in our squad who you can depend on putting it in the back of the net with a header. He's also ahead (no pun intented) of Morientes. Another "deadly in the air" player, who's messed up more than a fair share of easy headers. Morientes atleast put a couple in, though, that I can remember. Oh well. Anyway, I don't see Crouch getting more than 7-10 goals this season in all competitions. We shall see...
Kid a

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:49 pm

Crouch cant head a ball while jumping. The power and accuracy comes from his running onto the ball. Look at his goals. He hardly ever scores when a jump is required.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:54 pm

Haven't noticed that about him. I've seen a best of clip of him, but that only had like 5 goals. I seem to remember him jumping for a header, though. :p
Kid a

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:He hardly ever scores when a jump is required.

what has ''pleasures of the flesh'' got to do with football lando  :laugh:  :D  honestly  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:10 pm

I think he should be given a job as a corner flag!!

Nah but really,he looks a decent player but im still not sure if he's good enough to play for LFC!
He seems to be lacking confidence and i dont think all the abuse from away fans is helping him.
But one things for sure he does put a different perspective on the game when brought on and can cause opposition teams problems!!
Still though my veiws on strikers are very old fashioned and i feel that if they dont score,they aint good enough!!
All the same Crouch has got goals in him as he proved last year for Southampton,the sooner the 1st one comes for him the better though and hopefully many more!
66-1120597113

Postby RedRoots » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:22 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I noted Kewell was mentioned on the Judge's initial post. Kewell has lost it and should be sold in January. He offers us nothing anymore!!!

Get behind your players ffs!! Could you give me an example of how he has supposedly lost it?
RedRoots

Postby Scottbot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:27 pm

stmichael wrote:i think we should have a sweepstake on when he's going to score his first goal. :D

I bet 3 pints with a mate that he will score before christmas. It's in the balance.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:06 pm

A goal will do him a great of good for his confidence and mentality, I think he'll get it soon.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dundalk » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:42 pm

Scottbot wrote:
stmichael wrote:i think we should have a sweepstake on when he's going to score his first goal. :D

I bet 3 pints with a mate that he will score before christmas. It's in the balance.

Hopefully he will be paying up  :eyebrow
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:23 am

I like Crouch.....more so because he gets abuse from every opposition fan.  He works hard and helps the team and the goals will come....mind you, even if they don't, as long as he contributes to the side i don't really care.....he can score 0....as long as we win  :shifty
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:27 am

7_Kewell wrote:I like Crouch.....more so because he gets abuse from every opposition fan.  He works hard and helps the team and the goals will come....mind you, even if they don't, as long as he contributes to the side i don't really care.....he can score 0....as long as we win  :shifty

a great mentality there kewell. i saw alot from him on saturday, and with all the slagging its good for him to show something for why we bought him. My guessing in the next 3 games he will get a goal, in the matches he has been improving and contributing to the overall team. All of this will pay off with a goal  :;): He will show the doubters a thing or two by christmas.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge