Peter crouch - What an improvement

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:16 am

The signing of Peter Crouch two seasons ago didnt excite too many people and he never proved his critics wrong at the start of his Liverpool career. His headers didnt contain alot of power he never used to jump and his goals to game ratio wasnt very high. In his first season the 2005-2006 he netted 6 goals in 40 games. This season hasnt finished and he has 40 apperances 15 as a sub and has netted 17 goals which shows a vast improvement. Also this season his england goals per game ratio show 5 goals in 6 which shows higher than Wayne Rooney and Jermaine Defoe two players which some people would prefer.

When he wasnt doing very good he suffered alot of stick alot of it at old trafford playing for england when they booed him and called him a freak. Now Peter Crouch has turned the corner and is doing very well and i think he has proved his doubters wrong.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:35 am

I'm not so sure he's improved a lot. Meaning I always liked him.

Perhaps he made a hat trick because two factors came at the same time, one, a good form, and two, that in the Arsenal game all the team worked for him as a single striker. When we play 2 strikers Rafa makes them work a lot.

Anyhow, I'm happy for Crouch, as you say there were many doubters, and I'm happy that all the bástards of other clubs that laughed at him in his goal drought yesteryear have to eat their words.

Also proves it's a good idea to give more than a season to one player, IMHO.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:43 am

Big P is the man, simple as that
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1170291157 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:07 am

I like Crouch as football player and as person. I would like that he continuing in the team many years. I believe that it would be a great loss his march. I did not know the critiques to Peter Crouch, and not if these were coming on the part of fans of our club or of other interests, mass media, etc.
The time to position to each one in his site...
109-1170291157

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:06 am

marie wrote:I like Crouch as football player and as person. I would like that he continuing in the team many years. I believe that it would be a great loss his march. I did not know the critiques to Peter Crouch, and not if these were coming on the part of fans of our club or of other interests, mass media, etc.
The time to position to each one in his site...

WTF ???

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:20 am

Hes definately improved i think

He has a good first touch, even with those long skinny legs of his and can bring the ball down well
I think hes improving because of confidence he gets from scoring goals.

Hes definately our best striker at the moment imo
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:42 am

Crouch has improved.

Needs more muscle mass IMO.

To make this happen, I think he needs to do all this stuff:

Peter Crouch's Training Program for 2007
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Still not convinced we'll win the league if Crouch is still here. He has shown some improvement but not enough and it would be hard to convince me his recent scoring form isn't temporary. He's not quick and not great in the air although a few headers have suggested he must be working on that. But he's in the team to score and unless he can do that consistently he should be thanked for his contributions and move on. Saying that neither Kuyt nor Bellamy are proving prolific, they need to all show some form and I can see two from three leaving in the summer (Fowler probably will go but has the best record of the lot!)

Crouch (Liverpool)

31 goals in 93 appearances (0.333 goals/app)

Steven Gerrard (05/06-06/07)

34 goals in 99 appearances (0.343 goals/app)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:03 pm

Yes he has had a good season but to win the prem Peter Crouch needs to be plan B starting next season or beeter yet sell him now and get 13mil from newcastle
grayghost

Postby europian-kings » Wed May 09, 2007 5:07 pm

wat can i say? absolute legend!!
ok he can b annoying sumtyms wen he plays pants
but no matter how pants he is he always bangs up important goals :)

crouchy for ghana!!! :p
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 10, 2007 12:37 am

wat can i say? absolute legend!!
ok he can b annoying sumtyms wen he plays pants
but no matter how pants he is he always bangs up important goals

crouchy for ghana!!! 

???
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Thu May 10, 2007 3:09 am

There is no doubt about it, Crouch has improved. But I think we need to be looking at Strikers with finishing more clinical than Crouch!  Granted he does bang in some important goals but, we need him to be bangin in over 25 (And that is just in the League) if we are to compete for the Premiership!!!!
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Espionage » Thu May 10, 2007 6:09 am

Owzat wrote:Still not convinced we'll win the league if Crouch is still here. He has shown some improvement but not enough and it would be hard to convince me his recent scoring form isn't temporary. He's not quick and not great in the air although a few headers have suggested he must be working on that. But he's in the team to score and unless he can do that consistently he should be thanked for his contributions and move on. Saying that neither Kuyt nor Bellamy are proving prolific, they need to all show some form and I can see two from three leaving in the summer (Fowler probably will go but has the best record of the lot!)

Crouch (Liverpool)

Remember that he is almost exclusively taken off at 60th minute whenever he starts and I bet alot of those appearances were subs as well.  Rafa never seems to let him finish the game for some reason, I guess he does cover alot of ground for a big man (alot more then people realise).
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:10 am

He does bring alot of different qualities to the team that alot of other strikers can't. His hold up play is excellent and the control of the ball at his feet for such a big gut is exceptional. His aerial ability although improving in recent months is still very poor for someone with such an advantage in height. I would think we'll keep hold of him this summer as he has proven valuable for us at times and teams DO worry about him which always helps. He'll never be a clinical 20+ goals a season striker but he has shown enough for me this season to work along side the expected striker signing.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu May 10, 2007 8:44 am

Owzat wrote:Still not convinced we'll win the league if Crouch is still here. He has shown some improvement but not enough and it would be hard to convince me his recent scoring form isn't temporary. He's not quick and not great in the air although a few headers have suggested he must be working on that. But he's in the team to score and unless he can do that consistently he should be thanked for his contributions and move on. Saying that neither Kuyt nor Bellamy are proving prolific, they need to all show some form and I can see two from three leaving in the summer (Fowler probably will go but has the best record of the lot!)

Crouch (Liverpool)

No Way!

I was sure Steven Gerrard had played more than 99 games for Liverpool!

:eyebrow
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge