West Ham V Liverpool - EPL - Sat Jan 2nd 2016 KO: 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:08 pm

lakes10 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:34 pm wrote:some have got to face the fact that we have a manager that don't understand that all teams in the prem can beat any team, he comes from a place were they are only 3 or 4 good teams and all the other games are almost given as wins.just like our players he needs to step up his game

I disagree. I think he knows what the prem is about and expects his team to play full on for 90 minutes. He has just blasted them by saying 90% effort is not good enough and he is angry at todays display.
Maybe his faith is not being repaid and he is too naive in believing the players will give 100%, but theres no way he can be blamed for that performance?
:no
Last edited by Thommo's perm on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thommo's perm

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:14 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:08 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:34 pm wrote:some have got to face the fact that we have a manager that don't understand that all teams in the prem can beat any team, he comes from a place were they are only 3 or 4 good teams and all the other games are almost given as wins.just like our players he needs to step up his game

I disagree. I think he knows what the prem is about and expects his team to play full on for 90 minutes. He has just blasted them by saying 90% effort is not good enough and he is angry at todays display.
Maybe his faith is not being re payed and he is too naive in believing the players will give 100%, but theres no way he can be blamed for that performance?

I agree ^^^
The best thing to come out of this season is the fact we signed Klopp! He's the best thing to have happened at the club since 2005.
The time we begin to criticise a manager who hasn't even seen a penny spent on the type of player he wants to work with; is the time our beloved club is destroyed and has lost its soul...
This season is a gonna as far as the league is concerned - But that's not klopp's fault either.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:14 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:08 pm wrote:

Maybe his faith is not being re payed and he is too naive in believing the players will give 100%, but theres no way he can be blamed for that performance?

Agreed, this particular group of players have been capitulating like this for the past 12-18 months and Jurgen isn't going to sort that out in five minutes. It's just so disappointing to get ourselves back into a position where the top 4 is in our sights and then perform like that. Gutless.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:37 pm

Klopp made a mistake taking off Moreno today

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "It was not enough from my team today because in the decisive moments we were there but we were not there. All the TV stations now tell me that the situation with Alberto Moreno was a foul, but we didn't react right in this situation. There was no whistle. We have to avoid the cross.

"What makes me angry is that we had an opportunity to play fighting football but we scored no goal today.

"It's our responsibility. I told the players immediately after the game: summary - not enough. If you know in the other team there's Andy Carroll, how can you allow crosses?"
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:11 pm

LFC1990 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:37 pm wrote:Klopp made a mistake taking off Moreno today

How was that a mistake, he was awful, Brad Smith actually put some decent crosses into the box, Moreno can barely kick the ball in a straight line, terrible player who has nothing to offer other than a bit of pace and a decent recovery tackle.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:13 pm

LFC1990 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:37 pm wrote:Klopp made a mistake taking off Moreno today

I don't think he was happy with both fullbacks today, I think he wanted their crosses to be blocked off at source and we didn't do enough of that, plus granted it was a foul on Moreno but it was only a trip, there was no need for him to lay there for five minutes trying to buy a free kick that obviously wasn't coming.
Also it has to be said the headers Lucas and Allan missed were probably better chances than the ones Valencia and Carroll scored as well, our finishing has been awful for weeks now and that's not helping us either, we are having to create 3 great chances to score 1 goal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:22 pm

I dont think anyone was surprised we lost the game, it was the same old story, put us up against an athletic team with power, pace and with someone who can header and we are done for. Lucas was an absolute disgrace yet again and hung Can out to dry, i knew as soon as i saw them two in the middle we were going to struggle, Lucas is immobile, slow, clumsy, weak and cant pass for toffee, he serves absolutely no purpose in games like this where there big brutes eat him for breakfast. Going forward Firmino and Benteke were hopeless again, Benteke's movement is non existent, he just stands there waiting for someone to find him and has no anticipation, Firmino is just a passenger who makes no effort to get himself involved in the action.

We need serious changes to become a team who can compete week in week out against the different types of opposition in the league, Goal keeper, left back, central midfield are an absolute priority we are painfully lacking in quality in those areas we also need a striker who suits the system, but to be honest we can improve in almost all positions, we have such big problems because we are not particularly good with the ball so struggle when we dominate possession and off the ball we can get brushed aside to easily by teams who bully us.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:06 pm

If players, while being paid a ransom anywhere between £60,000~£150,000 per week to kick some balls cannot get really pumped up and go the extra mile playing under a manager like Jurgen Klopp, then he should seriously reconsider his career as a high-level footballer. To see that people would give buckets of blood, sweat and elbow grease making what they make per week in a year, there are just no fucking excuse for this kind of performance from these sad bunch.

I'll say it's time for Klopp to smell the coffee and drop some of these garbage and give the kids a chance to play show their marbles. Sinclair, Teixeira, Smith, Rossiter (when fit), Randall and Chilivella. If not now to gain the much needed experience, then when?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Santa » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:06 pm wrote:
I'll say it's time for Klopp to smell the coffee and drop some of these garbage and give the kids a chance to play show their marbles. Sinclair, Teixeira, Smith, Rossiter (when fit), Randall and Chilivella. If not now to gain the much needed experience, then when?

I'm with you there. I applaud our manager for giving the current dross a chance, but time and again they throw it back in his face.

Time to move them out of the first team and give someone else a chance. I thought Smith looked quite good...Moreno is awful.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:55 pm

A lot of our players are not awful - But some are the wrong fit for the club. Iago Aspas being a good example.
Remember when Manure signed Gerard Pique? Poor in the PL went on to be one of the best defenders in world football...
Our laughable vision for the past 3 seasons was to become the 'Barca of The North' (SIGH..!).
Klopp does not want to create a 'Dortmund of The North' he just wants to win f*ck.ING games - He can't help it, It's the German within him.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:56 pm

totally agree. Bunch of f*cking fairies with no winning mentality at all
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:59 pm

RE; Players Wages
Our generation has created real life Monsters who just eat everything in their way. We see it within our children and the rest of society. This young generation simply do not give a sh!t about anyone or anything but themselves.
I'll go down on record that WE WILL beat Arsenal next week. Not because we are better than them. It's just simply that the players will have personal value to beating a v.good side - The Instagram / Twitter daily feed is to great for them not to give it their all. A nice selfie in the L4 dressing room posing like the posers they are say "Look at me. I'm great, because I just beat Arsenal!"
We are now reaping what we have sowed for the last 1\4 century...
In a single word. SPOILT!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:28 pm

I will not find negatives on Klopp yet because he has inherited a bunch on jokers. Let the man snap his own players and then judge him.
Anyhow we all had a gut feeling we may lose this one. Last two 1-0 wins we just about got the 3 points.
This season will be like this, on and off days. Its more like JK pre-season with us.
Last edited by redshade on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:16 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:59 pm wrote:RE; Players Wages
Our generation has created real life Monsters who just eat everything in their way. We see it within our children and the rest of society. This young generation simply do not give a sh!t about anyone or anything but themselves.
I'll go down on record that WE WILL beat Arsenal next week. Not because we are better than them. It's just simply that the players will have personal value to beating a v.good side - The Instagram / Twitter daily feed is to great for them not to give it their all. A nice selfie in the L4 dressing room posing like the posers they are say "Look at me. I'm great, because I just beat Arsenal!"
We are now reaping what we have sowed for the last 1\4 century...
In a single word. SPOILT!

And you recently had the fkg audacity to wonder why I support LFC and that I should try drinking a 40 year old bottle of Malt Whiskey in an attempt to put a smile on my face !! Well having just read your whingathon I don't think a crate of the stuff would sort you out  :laugh:  CHEER UP JB FFS !!!  :rasp

As for us beating Arsenal you maybe right if Arsenal play as badly as Chelsea, City and Leicester because make no mistake they were all very poor when we beat them !!

If your right about most players not caring and being prima donnas then what is going on at Watford, Leicester, West Ham and Crystal Palace. I'll tell you what's going on. They have all changed their manager who in turn has made a significant difference. Crystal Palace were falling to pieces before Pardew took over and within no time he got the same players performing at a level that not even their own fans thought possible. This is why JB I expect to see massively improved levels of determination, passion and desire as a result of us paying £7m a year for the services of JK. Gone are the days when you are allowed time to develop. Fans and owners expect immediate results and that is why they pay crazy money. So far I have not seen one single ounce of improvement. Our own fans suggest that Klopp needs time and that he hasn't even had a transfer window yet. Well Leicester last summer spent less on 6/7 players than we did on Firmino or Benteke. Surely an incredible amount of their success is down to the manager and his assistants or am I missing something?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext