Team for burnley on friday night

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:49 pm

I agree about Robbie Blake, he is very dangerous player in the box, can score anywhere.

He won't be playing for Burnley on Friday, but he is not even Birmingham player yet, because of agent's fee problem or something like that, that's what I heard about it.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:36 am

I'm sure many of you will have realised that last Saturday's game at Turf Moor was called off after 18 mins due to a waterlogged pitch brought on by a sudden storm. It proves if nothing else that it's not a pitch up to  premiership standards (Bolton's only a short distance away and they played the full 90 mins).

This will not have ecsaped Benitez's attention either so I figure he wil rest Gerrard and possibly Garcia and put baros on the bench. I'm going Friday so at least if he does play the likes of Zak Whitbread and Raven at least i'll get a  look at them.

However Burnley are no mugs and knocked Villa out of the Carling Cup this season at turf moor so caution is required ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:05 pm

caution is certainly required - we all remember grimsby. *shudder*

but i think keeping gerrard and baros on the bench, as you say dalglish, is a good plan. hamman can more than look after the midfield in this game. get pongo and mellor up front together as the burnley defence won't know what to do with them. if the pitch is gonna be heavy its not a good plan to put nunez on either - after his bad game the other day the last thing he needs is getting bogged down and achieving nothing again. its gonna be an english type game for english type players if you ask me. (apart from pongo obviously).

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:09 pm

garcia should start. him and alonso have had more "rests" than anyone this season.

as for baros, he should definitely start. he needs some match time to get some confidence back before the manure game next week.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby FrankM » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:04 pm

Looks like the match might fall foul of the weather.

Hopefully not, but from what Im hearing it will not be playable if tomorrows forecasted rain arrives
FrankM

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games