Newcastle 1-1 liverpool - Lucky draw?

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Owzat » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:44 pm

A 4-5-1 formation showed our intentions at St James Park. We went ahead through Danny Murphy in the 6th minute and held on until a foul in the 62nd minute by Kirkland in the box saw Shearer gifted another penalty opportunity. Liverpool and Newcastle have apparently had the most penalty awards this season, Liverpool converting all six and Newcastle now ahead with six out of seven conversions. Newcastle put on pressure and had several chances cleared off the line late on

We set our stall out to keep it tight and a draw was really as much as we could have hoped for. Houllier harped on about the six injured players once more but it is his purchases that are now not coming up to scratch when called upon. Several of those injured players have featured quite a lot this season, the fact is the cover is not good enough
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:01 pm

The sad fact is that the top three teams would never look for a draw no matter how bad their injury list was. They don't know how to play for draws and are not interested.
GH is in a time warp - the days when a point away from home was considered a good result are long gone. And so will we be if we don't buck up soon !
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cleman » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:01 am

Congratulations Mr. Houllier !
Liverpool completed the 1st phase of 4 matches against the top 4 teams last season. 1-2 lost to Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd and 1-1 draw with Newcastle. Houllier managed to get 1 point from the maximum 12 points for the matches, a lucky 1 point from St. James' Park which at the 2nd Half it looked very likely the score would be 1-2 loss again..............

We are no more top club in EPL with the reputation which can gain respect from other teams either playing at home or away.....it seems the Board of Director still happy and satisfactory with Houllier & Liverpool current performances...a new manager to replace our Mr. Houllier is very unlikely to happen !!

So, I wish Mr Houllier all the best, with his 5-years plan or whatever plan, hopefully the next phase Liverpool can get 2 points from the top 4 teams last season.....probably a draw with Newcastle and Arsenal.....2 points from 4 matches which would be great improvement for Houllier....with this kind of  development path, maybe Liverpool can win the EPL Champion in the next 10 years....Good luck Mr Houllier !
Cleman

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:23 am

Cleman - we managed just 6 points home and away against Chelski, Arsenal, Newcastle and manu last season, gaining just one point away.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cleman » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:49 am

Exactly, Owzat.

look at last season records :
Home
Liv vs New 2 - 2 (Newcastle equalized 2 goals  in last 10 mins)
Liv vs Chel 1 - 0 (thanks to Owen 90th min goal)
Liv vs MU 1 - 2  (Dudek's free gift to Forlan)
Liv vs Ars 2 - 2 (thanks to Heskey 90th min goal)

Away
New vs Liv 1 - 0 (Diao's contribution -- red card)
Ars vs Liv 1 - 1 (Henry equalized within 10 min after we led)
MU vs Liv 4 - 0 (a shame demolition by MU)
Chel vs Liv 2 - 1 (champion league gone)

At present we have played 3 home games and 1 away at St James' Park, point gained is 1 out for 12
Remaining games against the above 4 teams are home against Newcastle,  3 away games against Chelsea, Arsenal & MU....

Last season we got totally 6 points...how many points do you think Liverpool can get for the remaining games against these 4 top clubs last season?

Please don't forget last season we only got 1 points from two games played against Sunderland, a team with just 19 points from 38 EPL games !
Cleman

Postby ozzie1000 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:45 pm

dats pretty poor if we wanna be the premierships elite
ozzie1000

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:01 pm

the thing is were not in the premership elite, and are still some way off, but don't seem to be progressing

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ozzie1000 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:28 pm

dats where we aim to be thou
wiv the potential we got we shld be there
but we need a manager wiv the strength and passion to take us there
ozzie1000

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:33 pm

So you think we have a good as team/squad as the top three, you must me even more stupid than I thought

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ozzie1000 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:36 pm

there a difference between having potential and using potential
dont u understand the systametic concept of structuring the syntax of the english lexis into an assuming manner than being an imperative
:(
ozzie1000

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:40 pm

Chating s##t again

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ozzie1000 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:20 pm

wat chattin s##t again, wat bout u, u fat pansy who cant spell for s##t
ozzie1000

Return to Liverpool FC - Games