Man Utd Vs Liverpool 24/02  14:05 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:08 pm

Not the performance of Champions the front 3 look very leggy and not buying a top class CF in Summer or January will probably cost us. 2 points dropped against a poor United side.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:08 pm

Pretty awful attacking wise. Mo has been terrible for a while now, and that’s very concerning. We probably should’ve had a pen when Matip was wrestled to the ground. What’s awful is that we all know if it were the other way around it would’ve been given. Those tight calls seem to have really hurt us this year. Goal wrongly called offside against arsenal and we draw. Kompany probably should’ve seen red and we lost. Maguire should’ve seen red and scores the equalizer and we draw. All these are tight decisions, but unfortunately they’ve all gone against us and it’s cost us points. Since the turn of the year were averaging just over a goal a game, and we’ve scored 3 and 4..

If we don’t pick it up immediately, this season is going to end in a very dissapointing manner.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:10 pm

We lack creativity big time, should have went out in January and brought Phil back on loan or signed Fekir or something.
First half we did well, second half we were awful, especially given that the title was on the line and United had McTominay and Pereira in the heart of their midfield.
Thought Fabinho and VVD had good games though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Too many poor performance today. Salah, Mane totally ineffective and unable to stamp their authority all day, Sturridge is just wasting a space. Shaq and Origi didn't do a single shit when they came in. Milner crosses have been poor all day long full of running non of the delivery. I thot Gini, Fabinho and Hendo was solid as does Matip. Ali and Virgil ever reliable.

The league is slowly but surely slipping out of our hands now. Cant see City dropping any point for the rest of their season and their goal difference is just too much for our front three to ever catch up...I'll be surprised if we lands No.19 or get past Bayern...sorry but I'm just utterly disappointed not just for today but for most of the second half of the season
Last edited by Santa on Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Hmmmm, wouldn't have been unhappy with a point before the game however with the way the game panned out, feels like 2 points dropped. Utd were there for the taking
Doeboy

Postby only me » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:13 pm

Like a fighter clinging to the rope before the final KO..We are hanging in there barely but it will take a miracle to get out of this..Its no longer a one off..The team has no energy and Klopp has no tactical or other solutions..3rd game this month we display total lack of urgency..will..purpose..Funny enough Origi looked the only one taking a go..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Very frustrating!! United were there for the taking today.. 3 subs early and Rashford limping for 70 mins and yet we still play defensive. United are a very tall team so they were not concerned about Milner having it wide and forcing him to cross.. his delivery was garbage btw! And they forced us to play long balls which once again benefited their defence who were playing so deep.

Salah and Mane looked clueless and really off it today.. I'm worried about our current form.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:19 pm

only me » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:13 pm wrote:Like a fighter clinging to the rope before the final KO..We are hanging in there barely but it will take a miracle to get out of this..Its no longer a one off..The team has no energy and Klopp has no tactical or other solutions..3rd game this month we display total lack of urgency..will..purpose..Funny enough Origi looked the only one taking a go..

Every time we went for a warm weather training camp we came back with shit display and players seems tired. I thot being out of FA Cup will allow us longer break but United out ran us and carries more attacking threat all day. We have ONE FUCKING SHOT ON TARGET all day today, and only ONE against Bayern...let that sink in to realised how poor our misfiring forward line are right now
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:19 pm

only me » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:13 pm wrote:Like a fighter clinging to the rope before the final KO..We are hanging in there barely but it will take a miracle to get out of this..Its no longer a one off..The team has no energy and Klopp has no tactical or other solutions..3rd game this month we display total lack of urgency..will..purpose..Funny enough Origi looked the only one taking a go..

Must admit given we've had 2 warm weather breaks since Christmas it was surprising (and alarming) to see how devoid of energy we were. We actually looked fitter at this same stage last season when we'd been playing high intensity klopp-ball for 6-7 months.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:20 pm

In games like this, we do seem to lack a player who can unlock organised, disciplined sides. Front 3 need someone else to step and help in games like this. In retrospect, wonder if we were better off moving Salah up top and bringing on Shaqiri when Firmino went off injured.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:20 pm

2019 has been poor performance wise we really need to kick in gear if we want no.19. We still thankfully have the advantage even though it is just a point.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:19 pm wrote:

Must admit given we've had 2 warm weather breaks since Christmas it was surprising (and alarming) to see how devoid of energy we were. We actually looked fitter at this same stage last season when we'd been playing high intensity klopp-ball for 6-7 months.

I don't think energy levels were a problem to be honest. It just sometimes feels we have an over reliance on the front 3 to conjour something up. There are going to be games where it's going to be difficult for them due to the way the opposition setup and it needs someone in the midfield to step up.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Jurgen obviously wasn't happy with the way Hendo barged past him as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:24 pm

Doeboy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:20 pm wrote:In games like this, we do seem to lack a player who can unlock organised, disciplined sides. Front 3 need someone else to step and help in games like this. In retrospect, wonder if we were better off moving Salah up top and bringing on Shaqiri when Firmino went off injured.

Our passing was poor our lads look isolated uptop when they had the ball. When we hoofed it into the box we couldn't get it past a Mannure player.
Like many said United were there for the taking in the 2nd half. We should have come out and pressed the fek out of them. I think maybe Klopp didn't do that was because he was being cautious. All it would've taken was a goal from Mannure and game over.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:24 pm

I would rather press the shiite of every game and risk being exposed then watching the title slowly fade away..Its ridicules how Klopp expects to Win using this failing tactics this past month..
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games