Liverpool vs Man City Sun 16/10 16:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:29 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:43 pm wrote:Don't want to ***** on our celebration cake but

could easily have been two if it hadn’t been for............

Our 85 million signing failing to slide a simple pass to one of two team mates who were open and unmarked in the box ?   :kungfu:

Sorry lads but the fella continues to disappoint me.

Thinking the same. WTF was he at taking it on like that when he should have squared it. Would have wrapped the game up.

Gut feeling as well is that he will be no stranger to the odd red  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:39 pm

f*cking cheats outdone by their own cheating. Before our counter for the goal they had a free-kick in a dangerous area that was never a foul. They were pulling and pushing our players all day and ref did nothing, a slight tug from us and he gives the foul. Was surprised they ruled out their goal tbh, even if it was a blatant foul (two in fact). Fully understand Klopp doing what he did, and honestly I've seen worse things from other coaches go unsanctioned, even from Klopp himself.

Anyways, good win, we're likely out of the title race but we still have top 4 to play for. Milner and Gomes did pretty well considering we all expected them to be the weak links. I gotta say though, Darwin is really starting to ***** me off. He better grow the f*ck up fast. Trent still can't defend, on for only a few minutes but still had time to get caught ball-watching and give  City a good scoring chance. Hopefully Jota's injury wasn't too serious.

Let's hope this win gives us the boost that we need and we pick up form. Like I said, prem title might be gone but still we got top 4 and 3 titles to play for.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:51 pm

The defence were brilliant today!! Trents heads gone and teams are targeting him.. if he'd started today it could have been a different story.

That first 11 were brilliant.. worked hard as a team, and we deserved the win in the end.

Nunez was obviously frustrated with not starting and wanted to make a impact.. but him not playing Salah through could have cost us.

He needs to put the team first at all times.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:20 am

A team performance, well done lads. Joe Gomez, Milly, Mo to name a few. Well done, a great victory!

Thiago was very lucky not to get a straight red for that 2 footed foul - I would have given it.
Nunez is an idiot, Mo was completely unmarked but played like a Championship centre forward wanting to score himself.
The reffing was very inconsistent which a the end of the day upsets fans, players and managers.
Furthermore inconsistent refereeing between one official in one game and another in another game suggests the FA aren't in control and again only leads to criticism.

But... a day to celebrate. I watched in a pub full of City fans.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:22 am

It was great to see Virgil, who had spent his entire career up to that horrible challenge by Pickford cruising around the pitch like a Rolls Royce, being prepared to roll his sleeves up and scrap for every loose ball like a junkyard dog.
Inspiring stuff. Loved it when he referred to LFC as ‘this beautiful club’ in his post match interview too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:14 pm

It was great win in a very highly tense game in which M. City dominated.
The outstanding players were Gomez and Thiago along with VVD, as for Elliot needs to have self-believe in front of the goal she should have two goals.  Nunez is a very good player playing in a very struggling team, however, his introduction has made a positive impact on the game, despite his misses, just gives him a break to settle in the team, and he will come good.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games