LIVERPOOL VS SPARTA PRAGUE - 2ND LEG 24th Feb 2011 18:00 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:10 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:
metalhead wrote:I don't know why KD took Martin Kelly off (was he injured?) I thought he was our best player in the first half bombing down the right and defending ever so well.

Was carrying a niggle mate plus being on a yellow i think kd was tryin to protect for the very reason of him being so pivotal in our recent upturn

Yeh, thats what I thought, he had an awesome first half
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:15 pm

roberto green wrote:
ethanr wrote:Cole unlucky there.. couldn't handle the pressure.

eh?   ???

Yeah, clearly knackered.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:17 pm

we were way below par today and just got away with it cos sparta were so poor.
for us the best were merieles agger and kelly. cole did ok and only really created the two chances for himself near the end.one which ngog took off him and the other he just hadnt the legs to finish.good that he got 90 mins in.
the rest were'nt good enough even though kuyt scored he was muck for the rest of the game.other than that soto came the closest to scoring and that was early on.
ngog was absolutely as much use as t1ts on a bull.

overall it was one to forget.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:21 pm

burjennio wrote:Do you know whats more interesting than this match? A packet of strawberry chewits

PMSL :D

middle of the second half I was enjoying my evening home made chocolate cake... with extra chocolate sauce... it was more enjoyable than watching the game :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:26 pm

red till i die!! wrote:even though kuyt scored he was muck for the rest of the game

I'd disagree that he was "muck" but obviously not his best game in a red shirt. Ran into too many 'blind alleys' and couldn't pick a pass very well tonight. Mind you though he didn't have much support helping him either. Once again though he never dropped off and always made himself available.

We sat a little too deep in centre mid at times which if we had a bit more drive there tonight, i think our counter attacks would have been far more effective
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Guess we could have done better, could have scored more goals, but we're still in the competiton and that's what is important. Hope Agger is Ok, Kelly was by far our best player in the first half and I cant understand why he was subbed, hope he's not injured as well, it would be a big loss if we have 2 starting defenders injured.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:27 pm

metalhead wrote:
burjennio wrote:Do you know whats more interesting than this match? A packet of strawberry chewits

middle of the second half I was enjoying my evening home made chocolate cake... with extra chocolate sauce... it was more enjoyable than watching the game :laugh:

I made my own chips using maris piper potatoes, world class performance
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:29 pm

metalhead wrote:

MH those chewits were awesome. So were the Roast Beef Monster Munch but by the time I finished the Toblerone I was feeling pretty sick.

I still have two Cream Eggs left if anyone wants to call dibs
burjennio

Postby burjennio » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:32 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:I made my own chips using maris piper potatoes, world class performance

Wrighty Im now seriously considering ordering a pizza with some curly fries. If I have a heart attack its your fault
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Nothing beats an old fashioned home made chocolate cake that was just out of the oven

Now that's what you call a Ballon D'or winner  :buttrock  :D

wouldn't mind the eggs and chips though  :lookaround
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 pm

burjennio wrote:
wrighty (not mark!) wrote:I made my own chips using maris piper potatoes, world class performance

Wrighty Im now seriously considering ordering a pizza with some curly fries. If I have a heart attack its your fault

Haha, did i mention i had them with two fried eggs? I'm only 12 stone as well. Thank you metabolism!

Tell you what mate order a 'hot shot' pizza, you know the did spicy ones with jalapenos and all that on them? Wanktastic mate!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:even though kuyt scored he was muck for the rest of the game

I'd disagree that we was "muck" but obviously not his best game in a red shirt. Ran into too many 'blind alleys' and couldn't pick a pass very well tonight. Mind you though he didn't have much support helping him either. Once again though he never dropped off and always made himself available.

We sat a little too deep in centre mid at times which if we had a bit more drive there tonight, i think our counter attacks would have been far more effective

i disagree.
running into blind alleys and cant pick a pass are all too familiar aspects of his game.
for the money he gets paid and is about to land a new contract i should hope he never drops off and stops making himself available.
you have to separate the idea of having a heart and never giving up over quality and he showed none of the latter again tonight.
but that game will be remembered because ngog was so sh1t and he was, but in comparison to the amount of minutes and experience kuyt has this season id say he gets off again lightly with another muck performance.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Anyway.... next is either Braga or Lech Poznan. I'd rather have Lech, but it is more likely that it will be Braga.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:41 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Tell you what mate order a 'hot shot' pizza, you know the did spicy ones with jalapenos and all that on them? Wanktastic mate!

Spicy chicken and salami my friend. As Chris Kamara would say: "UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!"
burjennio

Postby parchpea » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Dire really but they are poor and tired and we scored at the death. That big lad up front for them must have made 50 fouls, what a donkey and we have our own, the hapless Ngog. I cant take any more of him, jesus wept. Kuyt did alright and Kelly first half, even the Greek gave another whole hearted performance but overall average, but we dont really expect much else without our leading players. Jurys still out on Cole, not the best again really. Repka amused me, I like it when players participate with the crowd, hes a nutter but there should be more of it, a throw back that kind of stuff. We are still in and have a shot at this providing our main players stay fit and on form and after the year weve had it would be actually be a real triumph.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games