LIVERPOOL VS SPARTA PRAGUE - 2ND LEG 24th Feb 2011 18:00 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Liverpool squad: Reina, Jones, Gulacsi, Johnson, Flanagan, Aurelio, Robinson, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Skrtel, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Jovanovic, Lucas, Coady, Ince, Sterling, Pacheco, Kuyt, Ngog.

Travelled: Andy Carroll

Why isnt Suso in the squad?

...........................Reina............................

..........Carragher....Skrtel.....Wilson..............

Kelly..............................................Johnson
........................Lucas.............................

.......Pacheco......Miereles.....Sterling............

..........................Kuyt............................
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Was quite surprised to see Kenny carry on blooding the youngsters as Hodgson did in the earlier rounds given that this is the only trophy we have left to play for. Although i must admit i think we could play in this tournament for another 5 years and i still couldn't get all that excited about it, i guess we've been spoilt for too many years. Still, it's good to see the kids getting a reward for an excellent display in the Youth Cup in earlier in the week, it would be amazing if young Sterling got on the pitch at such a young age. Good to see Jo Cole back in the set-up and i really hope he can get some minutes and do himself justice.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Its still a good trophy to win, many teams have won it over the years and its kickstarted a lot of success for them teams.

Liverpool, Valencia and Porto are 3 teams at least that won the competition and ended up competing at the business end in the CL shortly afterwards.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:58 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:
only me wrote:Really can't understand all those talks of not playing our strongest team. We have no achievable goals on the local level ,we have enough time between matches ,it might not be a prestigious cup but it is a title and we should be going for it with all guns blazing. Liverpool should continue to establish itself as a force to be reckoned with in Europe. It attrect players and it installs confidence. This is our league this season let's win it!

It attrect players - it attracts players

Commas go after the word - (no) matches ,  (yes) matches,

See we all make mistakes, maybe think about this next time you want to make a sarcastic reply to someone else's spelling mistakes

You are confused dude ,i never made a sarcstic reply on spelling as all my posts are riddled with spelling errors (forgive me for not being English ok?)....I'm full of sarcsm i give you that but never around grammer...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:03 pm

damjan193 wrote:
only me wrote:Really can't understand all those talks of not playing our strongest team. We have no achievable goals on the local level ,we have enough time between matches ,it might not be a prestigious cup but it is a title and we should be going for it with all guns blazing. Liverpool should continue to establish itself as a force to be reckoned with in Europe. It attrect players and it installs confidence. This is our league this season let's win it!

Well, reserves need to play at times you know, and players like Skrtel, Lucas, Meireles, Kuyt, Gerrard could use a rest. When are we going to play youngsters and other reserves if not in cups like this one? I'm not saying that it isnt important, but I sure aint going to play the reserves in a Premier League match.

I say we go with a mixed squad, give a chance to players like N'Gog and Spearing, but I wouldnt mind Carragher in the starting line-up.

Anyway, is Smicer still playing there? :)

We have the rest of the season to give youngsters a chance ,it's not as if we are fighting for anything on the local domain ,Yes let them play the Wigan's and the Stoke's of the league what's wrong about this....As to Skertel ,Lucas and Kuyt i agree ,we should let them rest till the end of the season.

Europa league should be our primary focus but it seems not to be shared by many around and inside the club..Strange in my opinion.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:21 pm

dundreamin wrote:Reason we kick off 2nd leg at 1800 hours is because of tv dictates it. The fans dont matter to them

Never known a kick off time of 6 oclock at home in all my 30 years of going
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby we all dream... » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:48 pm

jacdaniel wrote:Liverpool squad: Reina, Jones, Gulacsi, Johnson, Flanagan, Aurelio, Robinson, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Skrtel, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Jovanovic, Lucas, Coady, Ince, Sterling, Pacheco, Kuyt, Ngog.

Might see something like

Reina
    Skrtel  Carra Greek
kelly                       Johnson
             Lucas
         Meiriles  Ince
  Cole                    Maxi
              Kuyt

We'd get thrown out if we started with this team!   :O
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:38 pm

we all dream... wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:Liverpool squad: Reina, Jones, Gulacsi, Johnson, Flanagan, Aurelio, Robinson, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Skrtel, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Jovanovic, Lucas, Coady, Ince, Sterling, Pacheco, Kuyt, Ngog.

Might see something like

Reina
    Skrtel  Carra Greek
kelly                       Johnson
             Lucas
         Meiriles  Ince
  Cole                    Maxi
              Kuyt

We'd get thrown out if we started with this team!   :O

do you think anyone would notice?  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:43 pm

not that shocked that some of our young kids are getting to take the trip, a few of work friends saw then do over the Shrimpers and said they are outstanding.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:28 pm

only me wrote:
damjan193 wrote:

Well, reserves need to play at times you know, and players like Skrtel, Lucas, Meireles, Kuyt, Gerrard could use a rest. When are we going to play youngsters and other reserves if not in cups like this one? I'm not saying that it isnt important, but I sure aint going to play the reserves in a Premier League match.

I say we go with a mixed squad, give a chance to players like N'Gog and Spearing, but I wouldnt mind Carragher in the starting line-up.

We have the rest of the season to give youngsters a chance ,it's not as if we are fighting for anything on the local domain ,Yes let them play the Wigan's and the Stoke's of the league what's wrong about this....As to Skertel ,Lucas and Kuyt i agree ,we should let them rest till the end of the season.

Europa league should be our primary focus but it seems not to be shared by many around and inside the club..Strange in my opinion.

Mate, we just lost 2 points against Wigan. We can't underestimate teams from the Prem, we got beat by Wolves at home and they beat Chelsea and United aswell. Not that I'm saying that we shouldnt care too much about the Europa League teams but the Prem will always be harder, and IMO it should always be our priority. Plus, 4th is still possible, we should try as much as we can to get there, no matter how hard it may seem. Bottom line, I'm not saying that we should just play anyone but I think that we should rest a few key players and play a few youngsters, go out with a mixed squad and I think that we'll be fine.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:34 am

damjan193 wrote:
only me wrote:
damjan193 wrote:

Mate, we just lost 2 points against Wigan. We can't underestimate teams from the Prem, we got beat by Wolves at home and they beat Chelsea and United aswell. Not that I'm saying that we shouldnt care too much about the Europa League teams but the Prem will always be harder, and IMO it should always be our priority. Plus, 4th is still possible, we should try as much as we can to get there, no matter how hard it may seem. Bottom line, I'm not saying that we should just play anyone but I think that we should rest a few key players and play a few youngsters, go out with a mixed squad and I think that we'll be fine.

I'm not saying underestimate anyone ,i'm just saying that for me the Europea league has higher priority now that we lost almost all chances to finish 4th.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex88 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 am

only me wrote:I'm not saying underestimate anyone ,i'm just saying that for me the Europea league has higher priority now that we lost almost all chances to finish 4th.

i agree.

it's true, 4th place is still possible(maybe)... but we need to win A CUP to recover us. and the only available cup id the EL.
Alex88

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:46 am

We need to make sure we are in the top 6.  Let s not take anything for granted.

However I still beleive we could get 4th especially when Spurs and Chelsea start concentrating on the Champions League.  you never know!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby lewerty » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:55 pm

what channel is it on
lewerty

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:03 pm

text received......

Think its johnson carra greek wilson kuxt lucas aurelio maxi meireles ngog
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games