LIVERPOOL VS SPARTA PRAGUE - 2ND LEG 24th Feb 2011 18:00 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 pm

I would leave a few at home as we looked a bit lethargic against Wigan. I know that there is a whole week between this game and the next but sparing a few big guns the travel and the 90 minutes will ensure we get 100% out of them for both the second leg against Sparta Prague and the game against West Ham.

I think we should use the 5-3-2 as we look far more solid when we line up that way and this is will be tough away game, especially if we decide to leave out a few regulars.

Reina

Carragher   Kyrgiakos   Wilson
Kelly                                         Aurelio
                       Spearing
          Poulsen                  Lucas

Cole
                             Ngog

Subs: Kuyt, Jovanovic, Pacheco, Ince, Robinson, Skrtel, Jones

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:36 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I would leave a few at home as we looked a bit lethargic against Wigan. I know that there is a whole week between this game and the next but sparing a few big guns the travel and the 90 minutes will ensure we get 100% out of them for both the second leg against Sparta Prague and the game against West Ham.

I think we should use the 5-3-2 as we look far more solid when we line up that way and this is will be tough away game, especially if we decide to leave out a few regulars.

Reina

Carragher   Kyrgiakos   Wilson
Kelly                                         Aurelio
                       Spearing
          Poulsen                  Lucas

Cole
                             Ngog

Subs: Kuyt, Jovanovic, Pacheco, Ince, Robinson, Skrtel, Jones

I think we may be a bit stronger than that.  Defense is probably close, tho I'd have Johnson over Aurelio.  Midfield probably have Lucas, Poulson and either Aurelio or Cole.  Spearing is just coming back from injury isn't he?  Then either have what you said, Cole and Ngog there unless Cole is back then maybe Pacheco there.

If we score first, I see the game going a bit boring and ending up 2-0 us.  If we get scored on first, I think it will be quite a bit more exciting and will end in a draw or a 1-2 win for us.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Aussie Style » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:23 am

Sterling, Robinson, Coady and Flanaghan are all in the squad.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Maybe Cole will get his chance to impress?

Reina

Kelly  Carra  Wilson  Aurelio

Sterling  Lucas  Poulsen  Cole

Ngog  Kuyt

Sod it, give Sterling a go.
mkingdom

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Liverpool squad: Reina, Jones, Gulacsi, Johnson, Flanagan, Aurelio, Robinson, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Skrtel, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Jovanovic, Lucas, Coady, Ince, Sterling, Pacheco, Kuyt, Ngog.

Travelled: Andy Carroll

Might see something like

Reina
    Skrtel  Carra Greek
kelly                       Johnson
             Lucas
         Meiriles  Ince
  Cole                    Maxi
              Kuyt
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:20 pm

if sterling gets on he'll become liverpool's youngest ever first team player.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Really can't understand all those talks of not playing our strongest team. We have no achievable goals on the local level ,we have enough time between matches ,it might not be a prestigious cup but it is a title and we should be going for it with all guns blazing. Liverpool should continue to establish itself as a force to be reckoned with in Europe. It attrect players and it installs confidence. This is our league this season let's win it!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Lee J wrote:you rotter

ralmfao, wtf lee.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Anyone know the reason why we are kicking off at 18:00 on the return leg at Anfield
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:46 pm

only me wrote:Really can't understand all those talks of not playing our strongest team. We have no achievable goals on the local level ,we have enough time between matches ,it might not be a prestigious cup but it is a title and we should be going for it with all guns blazing. Liverpool should continue to establish itself as a force to be reckoned with in Europe. It attrect players and it installs confidence. This is our league this season let's win it!

Well, reserves need to play at times you know, and players like Skrtel, Lucas, Meireles, Kuyt, Gerrard could use a rest. When are we going to play youngsters and other reserves if not in cups like this one? I'm not saying that it isnt important, but I sure aint going to play the reserves in a Premier League match.

I say we go with a mixed squad, give a chance to players like N'Gog and Spearing, but I wouldnt mind Carragher in the starting line-up.

Anyway, is Smicer still playing there? :)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:15 pm

I don't mind us playing youngsters, but the majority should be first teamers.  This is our only hope of silverware and we need to take the competition seriously.   

Winning trophies installs a winning mentality into the squad.  Sometimes knowing how to win a trophy is just as important as having the talent to do so :)
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Reason we kick off 2nd leg at 1800 hours is because of tv dictates it. The fans dont matter to them
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:16 pm

only me wrote:Really can't understand all those talks of not playing our strongest team. We have no achievable goals on the local level ,we have enough time between matches ,it might not be a prestigious cup but it is a title and we should be going for it with all guns blazing. Liverpool should continue to establish itself as a force to be reckoned with in Europe. It attrect players and it installs confidence. This is our league this season let's win it!

It attrect players - it attracts players

Commas go after the word - (no) matches ,  (yes) matches,

See we all make mistakes, maybe think about this next time you want to make a sarcastic reply to someone else's spelling mistakes
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:19 pm

stmichael wrote:if sterling gets on he'll become liverpool's youngest ever first team player.

after scoring 5 goals, I'm not surprised he was included, this is exciting!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Liverpool squad: Reina, Jones, Gulacsi, Johnson, Flanagan, Aurelio, Robinson, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Skrtel, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Jovanovic, Lucas, Coady, Ince, Sterling, Pacheco, Kuyt, Ngog.

Surprised that Suso wasn't included. Great to see some of the local lads making it, hopefully they will play some part tomorrow
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games