Liverpool V Manure - Sunday 14th Dec KO 1.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:27 pm wrote:
In times of crisis like this mate I expect you to be part of the group circling the wagons and rallying to the flag, not putting the boot in.

Seriously mate ,I've flown that flag in defence of Rodgers more than most ,its not my fault he's intent on constantly dragging it through  muddy waters
fella ,listen ,when push comes to shove I say it as I see it mate ,it just wouldn't be in my nature if I didn't confess to having serious reservations as to
whether he can eliminate the doubts that have started to plague the belief we once had him. I mean be honest mate ,you believe wholeheartedly that
he can drop players that have had a more than detrimental effect on the high intensity possession football he once professed to being a vast part of his
philosophy ?

If you do ,then I think you're not posting with genuine sincerity fella ,every single Liverpool fan is feeling uncertainty mate ,I don't care if you have just
emerged from a cave ,as one visit to Anfield and you would feel the fog of apprehension that has replaced the self confidence the Kop used to exert.

I'm sorry if your opinion of me has diminished somewhat mate ,but I cant keep dragging around our hopes only to watch them decimated by a manager
who has become tactically introverted.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:27 am

You know what they are like and it will be sleeping tonight in full anticipation of a resounding victory tomorrow.

Fully agree with some earlier posts about formation which in a nutshell is simply getting our best players on the field
even if it means we don't have a recognised centre forward on the pitch. That's not so unusual these days and I would
rather see a more mobile attack than a traffic cone up there offering nothing just because of a label.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:10 am

This is the rumoured line up -

Jones

Manquillo        Sakho     Skrtel         Moreno

Lucas
             Can                           Hendo

Coutinho

Markovic          Sterling

No Mingolet or Gerrard? Can't see that being true
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:17 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Dec 13th, '14, 20:21 wrote:
Boocity » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:56 pm wrote:Yakka, I cannot understand blind faith based on number of managers in so many years etc, that is not a valid reason for a manager to stay or go. The manager is here to get results not take a club backwards and to get support because 'it's not the Liverpool way to change the manager'. I am really struggling to understand your position, do you agree with the direction the club is going this season, do you agree with his constant poor team selection and the constant poor performances that we are seeing week in week out. Do you accept such a poor CL campaign. Do you accept that we have spent so much on players and he hardly uses them, he continues to play players out of form and out of position, he certainly favours certain players who are a constant in the team when everyone else can see they don't deserve a place. He has bought so many players that don't even get near the squad, are shipped out on loan. We played fantastic footbal last season but was that just down to BR or the fact we had one of the best players on the planet pulling us through many of those games and inspiring his team mates. If that was all down to BR, why has it gone so wrong when Suarez left, if the philosophy was fast attacking football with DS and Luis up front, why replace with Balotelli and Lambert, yes you could say he envisaged Mario and DS to be up front together but where does Lambert come into it, sorry it just doesn't make sense, it smacks of a manager who's lost his way and hoping that these bad results and not good to watch football will somehow just sort themselves out and it will all come good again.

[quote]Look mate for a start let's deal with the transfer situation. We all know FSG pull the strings on that front[quote]

Yakka, what strings are you referring to?  We know they provide vast funds to the people within the Club  (BR and the Committee) that should know which players to bring into Anfield, and let them go about doing their work in transfer dealings.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RedAnt » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:22 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:10 am wrote:This is the rumoured line up -

Jones

Lucas

Coutinho

It's as good a lineup as we can field, though I'd be surprised if he doesn't start Gerrard vs the mancs.
The players should be fired up and I'd be happy to see us have a go. The damage limitation approach from BR is bizzarre considering the "philosophy". Hopefully we'll be unshackled and just go for it. If we lose and with hardly a whimper then it will be bye bye BR (though he'll get the arsenal game too).
I just hope to see a performance of passion and heart. Those things used to be our trademark. These days they seem a luxury.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:10 am wrote:This is the rumoured line up -

Jones

Lucas

Coutinho

No Mingolet or Gerrard? Can't see that being true

i'm thinking that line up is absolute ballcocks, but i'd be happy to see it myself. can and markovic need to play more, jones is hardly going to do any worse than mignolet, and sakho is hardly going to do any worse than lovren.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:29 pm

This is the team lineup which is cropping out in almost all the forums.

Jones
          GJ Skrtel Lovren
Hendo Gerrard Allen Moreno
        Lallana    Coutinho
               Sterling   

1)I am not sure why Mignolet is being dropped. Yes, he is not the best GK in the league. But he is sure much better than Jones.
2)No Lucas, no toure. Wow.....
3)No borini too.

ANyway...... just hope we get something against all odds. Just any win will do. I can't be bothered about the performance. I think seeing us how lucas, mignolet and borini are not playing...I guess these 3 will be shipped out in January. So they might be replaced with better players.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:26 pm

SKY now reporting Mignolet dropped as well
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Confirmed team to face Manchester United: Jones, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Moreno, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling.

Wow

No actual striker in starting 11..............yet 2 sitting on bench
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Confirmed Liverpool team

Liverpool's XI: Jones, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Moreno, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Toure, Lambert, Lucas, Can, Balotelli, Markovic.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Dodgy CB

Static midfield

No striker

I errr just hope Brenda has a plan !
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Well suppose we can't say he dosn't make big selection choices

This could go pear shaped today for him big time, Mignolet is bad but Jones is even worse
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Mind you.............Man Utd team look like ***** as well lol

De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Evans, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, van Persie, Wilson
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:37 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:30 pm wrote:Confirmed Liverpool team

Liverpool's XI: Jones, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Moreno, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Toure, Lambert, Lucas, Can, Balotelli, Markovic.

Bizarre team selection. Dropping Mignolet as we travel to OT. No out and out striker at all but three on the bench. Is he planning a 4-4-1-1 with Gerrard behind Sterling. Again bizarre if he is because Sterling has no confidence or return in front of goal. Allen has been poor this season, to be honest I'm not sure he's going to make it at this level, I'd rather have Lucas in.

Anyways hope it goes well, in the way it did at Madrid again. Football's a funny old game and all that. C'mon the Reds!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:42 pm

I guess we could be thinking of running at pace against Utds poor defence?

Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana can all achieve that for us.

Would have liked to see Markovic, Can and Lucas in the side tbh.............I think Henderson and Allen need some time on the bench
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games