Liverpool V Manure - Sunday 14th Dec KO 1.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:22 am wrote:Well I'm sorry too mate, because there's no way I'm going to start putting the boot in on a manager who only a few months ago took us closer to the title than any other manager since 1990. I am actually embaressed that future generations of fans will be able to read threads like that 'job too big for Rodgers' one and see the so called most loyal fans in football © openly calling for the managers head only a few months after one of the most exciting seasons in our history.
That loyalty thing just like the Anfield atmosphere thing is pure myth these days, they were true once but that was back in the days before our fan base became a bunch of spoilt whiners.
In the 1950's and early 60's we had fans that stuck by this club through thick and thin, your talking about a fan base that were watching second division football, had never seen us win the FA cup and had the richest club in the land as neighbours.
But your also talking about a fan base that heard a pop song, which just happened to be one of hundreds of good songs from that era and said on masse 'that is it! That song encapsulates everything about this club and what it means to support this club'.
The song they picked wasn't about triumphalism, it wasn't about celebration, it wasn't about good times, it was about sticking with it through the bad times.
Look at Anfield these days, look at threads like that job too big for Rodgers one, just look at how far has our fan base strayed from that ethos. If someone built a time machine and transported one of those arl fella's from our second division days to these modern times he'd just take one look at the whinging going on, shake his head and say take me back.

Yakka those arl fella's when you hark back to our halcyon days are still sitting in the fucking Kop lad ,and some extremely sage like have had enough of
of the current manager ... I myself have watched Liverpool from the Kop for some 30 odd years a great wedge of them being as a card carrying season ticket
holder ,I now use mates who for some reason or other cant make the game ,so to infer my support is carried on a whim is an insult lad. I've never suggested I
want Rodgers out ,I stated I have no defence to afford his case, and believe it or not even the more patient amongst the Kops throng are starting to run out of
reasons why they should persist in defending the fella. ... Next time you're in the Kop take the time to listen lad ,I can assure you the dissension or the ridiculous
assertion you put forward 'desertion' of our so called duties ,cant be  pointed solely at our next generation.

As for me I will continue to support the team that I've been fortunate to watch for decades, and give my support every match ,no matter who is at the helm
only for the love of God never suggest my support for what this club stands for is on the wane ,or make inference supporters who dare to propose the manager
is so out of his depth its uncomfortable are in anyway inclusive to this new fickle breed.

As for the game itself ,I think if the players are feeling the same degree of hurt over our feeble campaign then they will produce a performance at OT that
will produce what would be a welcome kick in the teeth for the journalists that have written off our new players as second rate.
I just hope that Rodgers familiarises himself with the blue print he professed to hold when he first came to the club ,and affords the players we all want to
see out there  given the opportunity to take the game to this shower of cunts .

2-3 to the reds
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Look mate I admire you as a poster and agree with the vast majority of the things you say but you are on the wrong side of history on this one. It is just not the Liverpool way to call for a manager to go a few months after he nearly wins the title, that's just a fact. Especially when we have already had 4 managers in the last 5 years. I'm actually surprised you are calling for him to go, of all the posters on here I'd have thought that you would be one of the last to turn, not at the vanguard of the baying mob.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:36 pm

1_0 sterling
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:12 pm wrote:Look mate I admire you as a poster and agree with the vast majority of the things you say but you are on the wrong side of history on this one. It is just not the Liverpool way to call for a manager to go a few months after he nearly wins the title, that's just a fact. Especially when we have already had 4 managers in the last 5 years. I'm actually surprised you are calling for him to go, of all the posters on here I'd have thought that you would be one of the last to turn, not at the vanguard of the baying mob.

Likewise fella ,but stating you have lost belief with a manager is hardly joining the clamour for his resignation or removal ,I have no doubt the owners will retain their
faith in him and he will be afforded the opportunity to give our season some shape.

So all things considered even given my confidence in his ability to turn things around  is  rapidly receding at the rate of Rooneys hair line ,hardly puts me at the forefront
of the 'Rodgers out brigade' now does it  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Yakka, I cannot understand blind faith based on number of managers in so many years etc, that is not a valid reason for a manager to stay or go. The manager is here to get results not take a club backwards and to get support because 'it's not the Liverpool way to change the manager'. I am really struggling to understand your position, do you agree with the direction the club is going this season, do you agree with his constant poor team selection and the constant poor performances that we are seeing week in week out. Do you accept such a poor CL campaign. Do you accept that we have spent so much on players and he hardly uses them, he continues to play players out of form and out of position, he certainly favours certain players who are a constant in the team when everyone else can see they don't deserve a place. He has bought so many players that don't even get near the squad, are shipped out on loan. We played fantastic footbal last season but was that just down to BR or the fact we had one of the best players on the planet pulling us through many of those games and inspiring his team mates. If that was all down to BR, why has it gone so wrong when Suarez left, if the philosophy was fast attacking football with DS and Luis up front, why replace with Balotelli and Lambert, yes you could say he envisaged Mario and DS to be up front together but where does Lambert come into it, sorry it just doesn't make sense, it smacks of a manager who's lost his way and hoping that these bad results and not good to watch football will somehow just sort themselves out and it will all come good again.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Boocity » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:56 pm wrote:Yakka, I cannot understand blind faith based on number of managers in so many years etc, that is not a valid reason for a manager to stay or go. The manager is here to get results not take a club backwards and to get support because 'it's not the Liverpool way to change the manager'. I am really struggling to understand your position, do you agree with the direction the club is going this season, do you agree with his constant poor team selection and the constant poor performances that we are seeing week in week out. Do you accept such a poor CL campaign. Do you accept that we have spent so much on players and he hardly uses them, he continues to play players out of form and out of position, he certainly favours certain players who are a constant in the team when everyone else can see they don't deserve a place. He has bought so many players that don't even get near the squad, are shipped out on loan. We played fantastic footbal last season but was that just down to BR or the fact we had one of the best players on the planet pulling us through many of those games and inspiring his team mates. If that was all down to BR, why has it gone so wrong when Suarez left, if the philosophy was fast attacking football with DS and Luis up front, why replace with Balotelli and Lambert, yes you could say he envisaged Mario and DS to be up front together but where does Lambert come into it, sorry it just doesn't make sense, it smacks of a manager who's lost his way and hoping that these bad results and not good to watch football will somehow just sort themselves out and it will all come good again.

Look mate for a start let's deal with the transfer situation. We all know FSG pull the strings on that front, we also know that they have a policy of not signing anyone on big wages, they don't mind paying huge wages further down the line just as long as the player proves that he justifies that wage. Suarez for instance started off on £36,000 a week and finished on £200,000.
That's a sensible policy and let's face it none of us want to see the club in hock to the banks again but I'm afraid the creme de la creme of the footballing world aren't interested in starting off on modest wages or probationary periods, they can go to a host of clubs and get big wages from the off.
At the end of last season when he was frustrated about being pipped to the title Brendan came out and said he only wanted to sign two or three top quality players, he said he wasn't interested in numbers, only quality, what happened? We signed 9 players, the majority of them 21 or under.
We all heard him laugh at the suggestion of signing Balotelli in that post match prezza in the states, what happens? Two weeks later Mario turns up at Melwood.
Anyone who thinks that getting rid of Brendan will suddenly spark a change in transfer policy is living in la-la land, the next manager will be working under the exact same constraints. 18 months ago when we were firing on all cylinders the journo Tony Evans was shouted down by Liverpool fans when he suggested that players that the manager didn't want had arrived at Anfield. Since then Tony Barrett has hinted the same. Getting rid of Brendan won't change a thing transfer wise.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:27 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:47 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:12 pm wrote:Look mate I admire you as a poster and agree with the vast majority of the things you say but you are on the wrong side of history on this one. It is just not the Liverpool way to call for a manager to go a few months after he nearly wins the title, that's just a fact. Especially when we have already had 4 managers in the last 5 years. I'm actually surprised you are calling for him to go, of all the posters on here I'd have thought that you would be one of the last to turn, not at the vanguard of the baying mob.

Likewise fella ,but stating you have lost belief with a manager is hardly joining the clamour for his resignation or removal ,I have no doubt the owners will retain their
faith in him and he will be afforded the opportunity to give our season some shape.

So all things considered even given my confidence in his ability to turn things around  is  rapidly receding at the rate of Rooneys hair line ,hardly puts me at the forefront

In times of crisis like this mate I expect you to be part of the group circling the wagons and rallying to the flag, not putting the boot in.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:21 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:56 pm wrote:Yakka, I cannot understand blind faith based on number of managers in so many years etc, that is not a valid reason for a manager to stay or go. The manager is here to get results not take a club backwards and to get support because 'it's not the Liverpool way to change the manager'. I am really struggling to understand your position, do you agree with the direction the club is going this season, do you agree with his constant poor team selection and the constant poor performances that we are seeing week in week out. Do you accept such a poor CL campaign. Do you accept that we have spent so much on players and he hardly uses them, he continues to play players out of form and out of position, he certainly favours certain players who are a constant in the team when everyone else can see they don't deserve a place. He has bought so many players that don't even get near the squad, are shipped out on loan. We played fantastic footbal last season but was that just down to BR or the fact we had one of the best players on the planet pulling us through many of those games and inspiring his team mates. If that was all down to BR, why has it gone so wrong when Suarez left, if the philosophy was fast attacking football with DS and Luis up front, why replace with Balotelli and Lambert, yes you could say he envisaged Mario and DS to be up front together but where does Lambert come into it, sorry it just doesn't make sense, it smacks of a manager who's lost his way and hoping that these bad results and not good to watch football will somehow just sort themselves out and it will all come good again.

Look mate for a start let's deal with the transfer situation. We all know FSG pull the strings on that front, we also know that they have a policy of not signing anyone on big wages, they don't mind paying huge wages further down the line just as long as the player proves that he justifies that wage. Suarez for instance started off on £36,000 a week and finished on £200,000.
That's a sensible policy and let's face it none of us want to see the club in hock to the banks again but I'm afraid the creme de la creme of the footballing world aren't interested in starting off on modest wages or probationary periods, they can go to a host of clubs and get big wages from the off.
At the end of last season when he was frustrated about being pipped to the title Brendan came out and said he only wanted to sign two or three top quality players, he said he wasn't interested in numbers, only quality, what happened? We signed 9 players, the majority of them 21 or under.
We all heard him laugh at the suggestion of signing Balotelli in that post match prezza in the states, what happens? Two weeks later Mario turns up at Melwood.
Anyone who thinks that getting rid of Brendan will suddenly spark a change in transfer policy is living in la-la land, the next manager will be working under the exact same constraints. 18 months ago when we were firing on all cylinders the journo Tony Evans was shouted down by Liverpool fans when he suggested that players that the manager didn't want had arrived at Anfield. Since then Tony Barrett has hinted the same. Getting rid of Brendan won't change a thing transfer wise.

Let's say you're right about the transfer policy, is that any reason to not use these players, does that give the manager the excuse to put a team out with such poor tactics that got us knocked out of the CL? He is the manager, head coach and it's his responsibility to put out the best team he can with the tactics to win games, not put our clubs position at risk by putting out a team like he did on Tuesday. By the way, By your reckoning he wasn't responsible for bringing in Allen or Borini either.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:27 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:47 pm wrote:

In times of crisis like this mate I expect you to be part of the group circling the wagons and rallying to the flag, not putting the boot in.

Well I'm glad you've admitted it's a crisis, what do you mean by 'part of the group', is that a group of lemmings by any chance
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:30 pm

I'm thinking Sterling up top solo.

Something like

Mignolet

Johnson     Skrtel     Lovren     Moreno

Lucas

Markovic      Gerrard      Henderson      Lallana

Sterling
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Boocity » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:40 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:21 pm wrote:

Let's say you're right about the transfer policy, is that any reason to not use these players, does that give the manager the excuse to put a team out with such poor tactics that got us knocked out of the CL? He is the manager, head coach and it's his responsibility to put out the best team he can with the tactics to win games, not put our clubs position at risk by putting out a team like he did on Tuesday. By the way, By your reckoning he wasn't responsible for bringing in Allen or Borini either.

Err no one is suggesting he hasn't made mistakes, no one on these boards has been more vocal than me in criticising the manager for continually playing Gerrard at DM and if you go back to the summer transfer thread I was mocked on here for suggesting that we should be signing marquee players. But mistakes or not no Liverpool manager should be getting the sack 4 months after taking us to within a hairs breath of our first title in a quarter of a century.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:41 pm

Boocity
Well I'm glad you've admitted it's a crisis, what do you mean by 'part of the group', is that a group of lemmings by any chance

the collective term for the group is 'supporters' mate, you know, the opposite of 'whoppers'.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Don't think I've seen you post like this yakka lad, and I agree with you with mostly everything you said. Especially about the fact that the form and position the mancs are in at the moment flatters them and they definitely don't deserve to be where they are.

Anyway guys, let's concentrate on the here and now. BR ***** up vs. Basel, there's no running away from that. He went out with a very negative line-up and that costed us. Considering the poor personal that the mancs have in their defense, I'd like us to go out with a more attacking line-up this time. I hope players such as Coutinho, Lallana and Markovic who's finally woken up will be given a chance. Here's my line up (that won't happen probably):

Mignolet

Manquillo    Skrtel    Toure     Moreno

Lucas     Can

Lallana          Coutinho          Sterling/Marco

Lambert/Sterling

It won't happen but maybe we should try the false number 9, similar to what we did vs Basel in the second half. That way we could have Sterling as the false 9 with Coutinho, Lallana and Markovic behind him, all players with similar pace. Lambert could be the plan B (along with Gerrard), and he needs a rest anyway.

All in all, this could basically be our last stand to save this season. A win against these will be a huge moral boost and we'll find ourselves 2 points behind Arsenal and only 4 points away from 4th and 3rd. If we lose, we'll be 7 points behind 4th and 10 behind the mancs.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:58 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:30 pm wrote:I'm thinking Sterling up top solo.

Something like

Mignolet

Lucas

Sterling

I'd keep Sterling out wide mate, if they play 3 at the back there will be quite a lot of space out wide for our pace men to exploit and having flying machines like Sterling and Markovic on either side is the last thing anyone playing in a back 3 would want to see. I wouldn't be against the idea of having a false 9 though, maybe Gerrard or Lallana?

Mingolet

Johnson         Toure      Skrtel        Moreno

Lucas      Can

Sterling         Coutinho       Markovic

Gerrard
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:58 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:30 pm wrote:I'm thinking Sterling up top solo.

Something like

Mignolet

Lucas

Sterling

I'd keep Sterling out wide mate, if they play 3 at the back there will be quite a lot of space out wide for our pace men to exploit and having flying machines like Sterling and Markovic on either side is the last thing anyone playing in a back 3 would want to see. I wouldn't be against the idea of having a false 9 though, maybe Gerrard or Lallana?

Mingolet

Johnson         Toure      Skrtel        Moreno

Lucas      Can

Sterling         Coutinho       Markovic

Gerrard

Our whole style and subsequent success from last season was due to our ability to break quickly. That is fundamentally why lambert or Balotelli won't work.

Sterling will however.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games