LIVERPOOL v Crystal Palace Sun 8th Nov

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:05 pm

Last 2 league games pretty much reflect what I mentioned a few weeks back about us pulling off some cracking results and some poor ones this season. Today was very dissapointing. Maybe the game in Russia played it's part but we were not at the races today
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:07 pm

maguskwt » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:03 pm wrote:The Firmino for Can substitution was a bad one... Firmino should've come on for Ibe who has been giving away alot of possessions. We were prone to their counter attacks after Can left. Ibe was very good in the first half but he was dropping off badly in the 2nd...

I felt bad for Coutinho, he had a very good game and didn't give up till the end... but he was huffing and puffing out on the left... Klopp should have put Firmino and Lallana out wide and brought in Coutinho to the centre in the 2nd half... Saw some weaknesses in Klopp's decisions and tactics today... If BR was still in charge this forum would be like "Crystal Palace was there for the taken and the snake oil merchant blew it!"

People wouldn't be saying that after a month though mate, besides let's not forget these are Rodgers players, Klopp hasn't even had one window to freshen up the squad yet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:00 pm wrote:That was definately an opportunity lost, we only had to beat Palace at home to be 6 points off the top of the table  :(
If one thing sums up the difference between the 60's/70's/80's and the 90's onwards it's back in the day we used to take these types of opportunities.

I was just one game (3 in seven days) too far for the lads today. Euphoric victory last weekend to then travel to Russia (win) and then have one full day to prep for a team that had nothing to lose. Not surprising that we conceded so late, but JK will have his team learn from this - even if it's only how to consolidate the point.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:16 pm

maguskwt » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:03 pm wrote:The Firmino for Can substitution was a bad one... Firmino should've come on for Ibe who has been giving away alot of possessions. We were prone to their counter attacks after Can left. Ibe was very good in the first half but he was dropping off badly in the 2nd...

I felt bad for Coutinho, he had a very good game and didn't give up till the end... but he was huffing and puffing out on the left... Klopp should have put Firmino and Lallana out wide and brought in Coutinho to the centre in the 2nd half... Saw some weaknesses in Klopp's decisions and tactics today... If BR was still in charge this forum would be like "Crystal Palace was there for the taken and the snake oil merchant blew it!"

IS IT so impossible to move on..?
We are now in a new era (even tho the whole club still stinks of the last) with a top class manager who hasn't even had time to asses his squad in depth, let alone how to get the best out of them.
Moderator, please start a new thread entitled "Never gonna give you up" Dedicated to the last managerial era, with a flowered banner and a pic of Rick Astley?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:18 pm

It's absolutely chucking it down here now, the rain is bouncing off the floor so that won't improve the mood of our fans who are walking home.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:31 pm

A loss was going to happen some way down the line. Its been typical of us for missing out on opportunities for many years now.
Anyhow we move on, international break will do us good. Few injured players will be back and so we continue from there.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:41 pm

maguskwt » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:03 pm wrote:The Firmino for Can substitution was a bad one... Firmino should've come on for Ibe who has been giving away alot of possessions. We were prone to their counter attacks after Can left. Ibe was very good in the first half but he was dropping off badly in the 2nd...

I felt bad for Coutinho, he had a very good game and didn't give up till the end... but he was huffing and puffing out on the left... Klopp should have put Firmino and Lallana out wide and brought in Coutinho to the centre in the 2nd half... Saw some weaknesses in Klopp's decisions and tactics today...

Ill remove the last bit because I dont think it is relevant. I agree with the majority of what you said. I'm not sure I'd call it weakness; perhaps a bit naive of him and a risk we didnt need to take. We had all the possession, had the midfield battle won, we needed a change in personnel rather than tactics to try and get it in the back of the net. Not sure we conceded as a result of the substitution but you could argue we lost a lot of our rhythm and that contributed significantly.

Anyways, it was a decent performance against a very well drilled side. Shame the result didnt go our way.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Pardew showing a distinct lack of respect to The Normal One

:censored: Pardew  :censored:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Both of their goals were silly mistakes imo also Benteke should have buried few of his chances. That header was a complete sitter i really thought he was going to guide that in goal.
If you look at it holistically we played better then them and should have won.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:48 pm

C-R » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:44 pm wrote:Pardew showing a distinct lack of respect to The Normal One

:censored: Pardew  :censored:

His a c*nt. Cant stand him and Crystal fecking palace.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:48 pm

2 cheap goals to give is too much in this league....Can shouldn't be playing he is big liability...Need to learn some basics before returning...Not much will change as we keep this squad...Desperately need a strike and another MF which can change the course of a game...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:49 pm

A defeat was bound to happen sooner or later  :down: Not klopps fault at all  :no The blame firmly lies with the shyte that rodgers brought here  :nod Far too many of them should never ever have got through that door in the first place.
They are playing better for Klopp but they are still far from the required level needed to win things.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Needs to see a few more replays of the 2nd goal but couldn't quite understand why Mignolet parried the ball back to the palace player.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:28 pm

On a side note, what is it with Bolasie showing up against us. Never really hear much about him doing much else in their games but seems to always have some sort of impact against us
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Doeboy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:28 pm wrote:On a side note, what is it with Bolasie showing up against us. Never really hear much about him doing much else in their games but seems to always have some sort of impact against us

Perhaps he is hoping we will sign him.... Same thing with Michael Thomas when he was @ Arsenal, was sh1t in most matches but always turned it on against us, then we signed him and he was sh1t for us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games