LIVERPOOL v Crystal Palace Sun 8th Nov

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:23 pm

We may as well have left Benteke on the bench for this game ,I think Palace's defenders were delighted we were playing primarily off the big mans knock downs ,other than that we dominated proceedings but still need a striker who has the pace to run at defenders ,and our Achilles heel came back to haunt us
'defending corners' . I thought Moreno played really well today ,so too Lallana ,and some of the link up play was really promising ,but we still have players who seem reluctant to release the ball early ,none more so than Ibe in the second half .

Sakho will be a huge miss in our forthcoming fixtures ,here's hoping the up and coming interlude of Internationals provide adequate recovery time .OK its our first defeat under Klopp ,but it was also imo our best home performance ,we bossed that game from start to finish against a team that all but murdered United in terms of possession ,Palace are a strong team and currently have the Indian sign over us ,but albeit from being well drilled their is no tactical nous
behind  throwing 8 men behind the ball to snuff out chances in a workmanlike fashion then hit on the break with the pace of Bolasie and Zaha ,and then prey on teams weaknesses at set pieces. They're no more impressive than that ! Liverpool on the other hand suffer far to much at corners and free kicks ,a weakness all too evident to teams like Palace.

Benteke hindered our game today I would have personally played Firmino and left the big man on the bench ,because his threat was meat and drink for Palaces defence earlier.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Reality check, there is no magic solution, there's still deficiencies in the team and squad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:12 am

I don't think the performance was that bad, we had our chances and couldn't convert.

Benteke should have buried that lollypop header in the 2nd half and Lallana should have gone with his instincts and headed that ball instead of ducking.

Yes Palace played well, but as many of you have already mentioned had we introduced Firmino a lot earlier on in the game the result may have been different. I fail to see the point of bringing him on as an impact sub if he is fit enough to play, he is fit enough to play a full game.

Klopp will have his work cut out until he brings in reinforcements, that's why we can't rely on injury riddled players like Sturridge anymore.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Doeboy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:47 am

Agree performance wasn't terrible. Both the goals conceded were soft though.  Moreno and Can sloppy for the first and the second one from another set piece. We need to get tighter as a unit, shift too many soft goals for my liking and it gives opposition hope
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:17 am

Klopp said he felt alone after 82mins as hundreds of Liverpool fans left their seats and headed for the exits.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:30 am

leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:17 am wrote:Klopp said he felt alone after 82mins as hundreds of Liverpool fans left their seats and headed for the exits.

WTF?  :down:  :veryangry  :down:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:37 am

Well....... There's not a lot Klopp can do as we are really missing Sturridge and Hendo.  And we wouldn't have conceded that goal if Sakho was still on the pitch. Just look at how Man City looks without Aguero and Silva.

We really need a mobile striker to lead our lines as crystal palace were basically playing a 424 formation against us. They were pushed up freckin high against us. You can see what an average front 3 (Sako, Zaha & Bolaise) can do to us with just their pace/power and directness. We don't have that with our team now.

Lets just take this season as a write-off and give Klopp the season to get his ideas into these set of players. Lets face it. Regardless of what he says....only 3 or 4 players will get into his preferred team. We have quite a few players who have the mentality of a mid-table team. So it will not be easy for him.

We are gonna get these results throughout the season. So lets enjoy the journey. Its not easy to fix the rot that david brent created.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:11 am

leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:17 am wrote:Klopp said he felt alone after 82mins as hundreds of Liverpool fans left their seats and headed for the exits.

I've been getting stick today from fans of other teams with us singing YNWA yet Klopp saying he felt alone :(
Doeboy

Postby only me » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:28 am

leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:17 am wrote:Klopp said he felt alone after 82mins as hundreds of Liverpool fans left their seats and headed for the exits.

He is 100% correct. While i'm not UK based from what is seen and heard in Anfield it's pretty pathetic...It's a graveyard atmosphere...Hardly any support songs/chants/whatever maybe just from the Kop and people leaving early is disgusting as well...In a lot of games it seems our players are playing in front of Theater audience so quite and depressing....Maybe the TV filters out noise but in other stadiums you can feel/hear the crowd energy in Anfield it's pretty silent.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:30 am

only me » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:28 am wrote:

He is 100% correct. While i'm not UK based from what is seen and heard in Anfield it's pretty pathetic...It's a graveyard atmosphere...Hardly any support songs/chants/whatever maybe just from the Kop and people leaving early is disgusting as well...In a lot of games it seems our players are playing in front of Theater audience so quite and depressing....Maybe the TV filters out noise but in other stadiums you can feel/hear the crowd energy in Anfield it's pretty silent.

it is a really sad state of affairs when you can 'very often' hear the away fans more than our own
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:42 am

Doeboy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:11 am wrote:

I've been getting stick today from fans of other teams with us singing YNWA yet Klopp saying he felt alone :(

It's about time someone called our fans out on this issue, it really is getting ridiculous, sometimes the stadium is near half empty at the final whistle. I've mentioned it before but I actually cringe when ever one of our players or someone in the media mentions the 'special Anfield atmosphere', it just doesn't exist, it's a complete myth.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:44 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:42 am wrote:
Doeboy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:11 am wrote:

It's about time someone called our fans out on this issue, it really is getting ridiculous, sometimes the stadium is near half empty at the final whistle. I've mentioned it before but I actually cringe when ever one of our players or someone in the media mentions the 'special Anfield atmosphere', it doesn't exist, it's a myth.

Yes, modern day culture has entered the club.
The type of fans that made Anfield special can no longer afford weekly tickets. We may have kept the name Anfield but the atmosphere has been sold out. This is one seriously difficult issue to tackle and how the club react off the field is just as important as its reaction on the field.
WE MUST now re-learn how to 'Sing when we're losing.' The culture in this country has become narcissistic; the individual only cares for themselves and not the greater care for others.
Whilst the team wins, the fan will 'big up' the win and let all their online non-existing friends know about it. When the team loses we run for cover. It's not just LFC, it's not just football it's a sickness throughout the country.

Last week was a prime example; Even online we (I include myself as I don't feel it's good to alienate people) could not resist the temptation to 'Big Ourselves Up' after beating Chel$ki, a team who is insignificant to us as a club. But have successfully brought us too their level, with their week by week football analysis and non-expertise opinions sponsored by Sky Sports Snooze. WE AS LFC fans have bought into this too and after the Chel$ski game, deep down I thought we would lose at home against CP last night. I never want to see my team lose, but the euphoric  reaction of our fans was as though we had won something special. We hadn't WE WON 3 POINTS - That's all - and we move on to the next game. So our reaction has its affect on the team - This I have no doubts about. As fans we need to re-learn:

The league is a marathon - not a sprint
We are as good as our last game - and this should not be taken for granted
If LFC lose - we all lose
Sing your heart and lungs out in support of the team!
Sing when we are losing - Louder than when we are winning!
Keep away from Sky Sports week by week analysis and critic
Look at the league table after 10 games and not before because it is irrelevant

As like society, the sense of being responsible as adults has been lost. My generation has allowed the younger generation to run around like $plit ar$ed fools with nothing in their heads but a sense of 'I have no talent but I can get rich quick too, because I'm sooooooo special - Like a Kardashian! F#$K EM!

We have a responsibility to teach the youngsters - However, LFC is a business.

So how can this be achieved within an institution that has sold out to the $$$$ because of the need for financial sustainability?
^^^^ answer the above and I'm sure FSG will give you a season ticket for life.
----
Sorry for the long rant, but modern day culture and its sense of reality slackness, really does my head in.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:59 am

A very bad result, the problem of free scoring goals is still there since last year, and it will not improve until we get a top finisher, like "Sturridge", otherwise Liverpool will stay in mid-table of the league!
Benteke is not a top finisher, he is only a traget man, and I doubt if he can score 20 goals a season!, therefore really Mr. Klopp need to sort out this major problem quickly and buy new top finisher, and top central defender or recall some of Liverpool central defenders who are on loan.

The second major problem is Liverpool defence, it is an illing problem over the past three years, Liverpool is simply can't defend set pices. massive problem, and we will loss alot of games because of it.

The squad is still weak, Klopp has a major problem of his hand over finishing and defending!
algymoon

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:42 pm

johnbarnes -  good post mate, basically You'll never walk alone no longer applies. Klopp has said as much yesterday.

sad times
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:04 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:42 am wrote:johnbarnes -  good post mate, basically You'll never walk alone no longer applies. Klopp has said as much yesterday.

sad times

What makes it even worse mate is that one of the main reasons Jurgen decided to choose a club like ours over one of the financially doped outfits like City or Chelsea or one of the leviathans like Madrid or Bayern was the supposed *ahem* loyalty and passion of our fans.
What happens though? First sign of a defeat and half the stadium bales out with 10 minutes to go. Embaressing.
YNWA indeed.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games