LIVERPOOL v Barcelona Tue 7th May 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Thu May 09, 2019 12:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 11:04 am wrote:Btw that comment about the French is pretty disrespectful, they lost twice as many men as we did in WWI and the only thing that stopped the Germans going through us like a dose of salts was the channel, if the channel wasn't there we'd be surrender monkeys too. It took the Russians a 1000 miles and an artic winter (not to mention millions of men) to stop the German war machine

My comment above was tongue in cheek...and as for French being quick to surrender, this was an opinion as expressed by a certain French International who used to play for Chelsea not so long ago so it's not some shit that I made up myself. No disrespect meant to any war casualties in any which way. End

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 11:04 am wrote:Btw this is Liverpool you are supporting not Chelsea

You don't tell...barely a day after our team came back from the abyss and performed a miracle resuscitation, you were only too quick to predict our doom. If I don't know you any better I would have thot you are a Chelsea supporter  :laugh:

C'mon have faith and cheer up. Afterall Klopp and the team have said...it ends only when we say it ends. No.6 is coming home soon  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 09, 2019 4:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 12:04 pm wrote:Well let's all hope you tough guys are right but we have a habit of freezing in big games these days, maybe we are too desperate to win something.

F'ucking hell Yakka !

Freezing in big games ? Really ??? Do yer mean like the one against Barcelona the other night ????

Take a chill pill mate !

In your defence, although far from the doom you've expressed about "Spurs name on the Trophy" I do share some concern.

Thought they really pressured and at times dominated us on their last visit to Anfield and we were perhaps a tad lucky to get all three points.

If both teams show up the CL Final will be no walkover, could be settled by just the odd goal, 2-1, 3-2 etc.

Meanwhile we just have to hope, pray and as Jurgen said Believe  :buttrock   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Santa » Thu May 09, 2019 11:50 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 11:04 am wrote:Btw that comment about the French is pretty disrespectful, they lost twice as many men as we did in WWI and the only thing that stopped the Germans going through us like a dose of salts was the channel, if the channel wasn't there we'd be surrender monkeys too. It took the Russians a 1000 miles and an artic winter (not to mention millions of men) to stop the German war machine

My comment above was tongue in cheek...and as for French being quick to surrender, this was an opinion as expressed by a certain French International who used to play for Chelsea not so long ago so it's not some shit that I made up myself. No disrespect meant to any war casualties in any which way. End

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 11:04 am wrote:Btw this is Liverpool you are supporting not Chelsea

You don't tell...barely a day after our team came back from the abyss and performed a miracle resuscitation, you were only too quick to predict our doom. If I don't know you any better I would have thot you are a Chelsea supporter  :laugh:

C'mon have faith and cheer up. Afterall Klopp and the team have said...it ends only when we say it ends. No.6 is coming home soon  :buttrock

Well all that surrender monkey guff winds me up, it's the type of uneducated shyte spouted by Engur-land types who know ***** all about history, the French are far from sh1tbags, you only have to read a history book to see that.
As for facing Spurs despite the name calling im still concerned about our ability to get in done in big games, we seem to be very passive, Tuesday was different because the scoreline from the first leg made up our minds for us, we had no other choice but to attack but there's a long list of important games where we have been very timid and risk averse. We are at our best when we go for the other teams throat, hopefully we will be more aggressive from the off in this final.
Btw as much as I am concerned about Spurs let's put this in perspective, I'd much rather face a thousand Spurs in a CL final than one Man City so to have Spurs come out of that side of the draw is a godsend for us, when the draw happened I think everyone in Europe was expecting City to emerge from that half so I am elated in that respect, I just don't like the luck they've had and I don't like our passiveness in big games either.
Btw tuesdays game was incredible but that was Barca's third big collapse in as many years, let's not over egg the pudding, that Barca team is poor, we made much heavier work out of them than we should.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu May 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Yakka's panicking like a wussie :D

I think without Harry Kane, we will easily beat spurs, although it will be a tougher test than Ajax.

We always do things the hard way though, but after last seasons final, I think our boys will be very determined to put on a good show this time and bring that trophy home.

We simply HAVE to win, because losing four finals is unthinkable, and Jurgen would be writing history for all the wrong reasons.

I'm confident we will do it! :buttrock
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Thu May 09, 2019 5:43 pm

The way I see it is that both teams/Managers know each others game inside out.
We will be slight favourites on paper ..however it will boil down to desire , courage and fight on the night.

I would have preferred Ajax like most others. That being said we have lost ONE PL game all season and a handful in the last year.

If we turn up and perform with grit and determination we will win- simple as that.

Getting all hysterical because we have lost the last few finals is pathetic IMO.  Memories are short- we outplayed Real for the first 20 mins and then had the guts to get back to 1-1 after they scored.

We lost because our keeper gave them two goals with tinsel and gift wrap on them.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Bottom line Yakka is everything you can say about us bottling it (and there is truth to that) holds more true for Spurs, who are the ultimate underachievers. We had Moreno handing out goals against Sevilla, Karius handing out goals against Real but our team is much more solid now. This is the strongest and most confident team we have had and the boys have a great chemistry. We beat Spurs twice (which worries me) but I think with our experience from the final from last year we will be stronger, hungrier! Spurs have never been here before and are more likely to bottle it. I actually hope Kane makes it as i think they are less effective with him than Moura and Son.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 7:24 pm

It's not just the EL final and the CL final, look at the United game at Old Trafford, we were all saying at the time that the title could hinge on that game but what happened? United had a plethora of injuries to the point were they ended up with 2 kids in MF and two other players hobbling around the pitch clutching their hamstrings yet we did jack sh1t, we froze.
We did the same against Everton too, we only started coming into form again when City had overtaken us and we had nothing to lose.
I think honestly there's a bit of a mental block at this club, I think Jurgen might have a bit of a one because he's lost a few finals on the bounce (this will be his 4th European final and he's yet to win one, I think he lost a few finals in Germany too) and I think the players are so desperate to win a major trophy for this club that they have a tendency to tighten up at crucial moments too. I honestly think that if we win one trophy we'll go on to win a load, it's just getting that first trophy over the line.
If a miracle happens and City ***** up on Sunday and hand us the title I think we'd go to Madrid and wipe the floor with Tottenham, if City win the title though I've got this horrible feeling that we'll go to Madrid with a conservative mindset, probably play the same midfield 3 that played in Kiev, and hand the iniative to Spurs.
We can't nurdle results, we saw that when we played at the Etihad and even over in Barcelona, we have got to be aggressive with our line ups and with our tactics.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 7:44 pm

woof woof ! » Thu May 09, 2019 3:08 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 12:04 pm wrote:Well let's all hope you tough guys are right but we have a habit of freezing in big games these days, maybe we are too desperate to win something.

F'ucking hell Yakka !

Freezing in big games ? Really ??? Do yer mean like the one against Barcelona the other night ????

Take a chill pill mate !

In your defence, although far from the doom you've expressed about "Spurs name on the Trophy" I do share some concern.

Thought they really pressured and at times dominated us on their last visit to Anfield and we were perhaps a tad lucky to get all three points.

If both teams show up the CL Final will be no walkover, could be settled by just the odd goal, 2-1, 3-2 etc.

Meanwhile we just have to hope, pray and as Jurgen said Believe  :buttrock   :buttrock

Yep, They ripped us to shreds on the break at Anfield, that was the game where Virgil somehow managed to contain a 2 on 1 on his own (when Sissoko I think it was blazed over the bar), they blew 4 or 5 other clear opportunities as well mainly down to poor final balls.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 pm

electrum » Thu May 09, 2019 5:43 pm wrote:The way I see it is that both teams/Managers know each others game inside out.
We will be slight favourites on paper ..however it will boil down to desire , courage and fight on the night.

Yup I agree both will organise well as we have a lot of experience facing each other. I don't think it will be open as both side will be very cautious.

Many would have preferred Ajax maybe for the glamour but i am happy with us facing Spurs.

It will be tight but I'm sure we will beat them.

In finals anything is possible so lets enjoy the ride and have some faith in the side that just thrashed the "best" team in the world.

Roll on Sunday we've got EPL trophy waiting. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Thu May 09, 2019 11:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 6:24 pm wrote: I honestly think that if we win one trophy we'll go on to win a load, it's just getting that first trophy over the line.
If a miracle happens and City ***** up on Sunday and hand us the title I think we'd go to Madrid and wipe the floor with Tottenham, if City win the title though I've got this horrible feeling that we'll go to Madrid with a conservative mindset, probably play the same midfield 3 that played in Kiev, and hand the iniative to Spurs.

Really?

You don’t think that would have the opposite effect?

After having missed the title by potentially 1 point and setting a record for having come 2nd you think we will go into our shells.

Especially after the disappointment of last seasons CL final.

Part of the reason why we dismantled Barcelona wasn’t just because we were 3-0 down. It was because we have played so well and been so consistent this season we really want a trophy and this was channeled though our players. Not sure why you can’t see that?
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 6:44 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu May 09, 2019 3:08 pm wrote:

F'ucking hell Yakka !

Take a chill pill mate !

Yep, They ripped us to shreds on the break at Anfield, that was the game where Virgil somehow managed to contain a 2 on 1 on his own (when Sissoko I think it was blazed over the bar), they blew 4 or 5 other clear opportunities as well mainly down to poor final balls.

I share your trepidation somewhat and will always urge caution because as you say losing to these would be unbearable, plus Spurs played very well at Anfield and we were a tad fortunate.

They will give us a game, they usually always do. Anything can happen in a one-off game over 90 mins so it isn't a forgone conclusion.

I also feel the power of Anfield obviously gives our players an extra 25% at times which we won't have on a neutral ground.

We're now in a position where most realistically didn't believe we'd be in now prior to the Barca game, Liverpool fans should rightly feel optimistic (not arrogant), that their team have the quality and ability to now overcome a good Spurs side in the final.

Many of these players were in the final last year and will be desperate to erase those memories as best as possible, they also now have the experience of playing a one off final with the eyes of the world watching them, Spurs could get stage fright. I'd expect our players to handle the pressure cooker situation of it all better which will allow them to find their rhythm earlier on and go for the jugular. 

The thing I like about Liverpool playing Spurs is that Pochettino usually always plays a high back line and he doesn't adjust that even when playing against pace merchants like Salah and Mane. We've been able to exploit this on numerous occasions down the years.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Anyone still shocked when thinking about what happened on Tuesday??

What a night don't think i will forget that for ages.

It was very very close to Istanbul.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 am

Inside Anfield: Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona | THE GREATEST ANFIELD COMEBACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-DhHJM8eo
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu May 16, 2019 5:57 pm

What a beautiful night it was
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<