LIVERPOOL v Barcelona Tue 7th May 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 08, 2019 10:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 9:07 pm wrote:I've got a horrible feeling that Spurs's name is on this trophy, Sterlings late goal ruled out against City now coming from 3 down to win this with the last kick of the game?

You hit the panic button too often mate.
We've just knocked out the best team. We'll just have to play at our very best to win as I think facing Ajax would have been easier.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 10:24 pm

Red Rum » Wed May 08, 2019 9:18 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 9:07 pm wrote:I've got a horrible feeling that Spurs's name is on this trophy, Sterlings late goal ruled out against City now coming from 3 down to win this with the last kick of the game?

You hit the panic button too often mate.
We've just knocked out the best team. We'll just have to play at our very best to win as I think facing Ajax would have been easier.

You were the one calling me delusional last week when I said I think we can turn around the tie because Barca's defence is shyte! Now you are like don't worry it's in the bag!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 10:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 9:17 pm wrote:
Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 9:12 pm wrote:And we wouldn't fold like Ajax did

Spurs are no pushovers, I don't know if Kane will be fit for the final but he has a nasty habit of scoring against us. If Ajax got through the trophy would have been ours imo.

What's with the doom and gloom yakka, yes would have preferred Ajax but do not fear spurs, do honestly think Llorente would have had that sort of impact against us,  I dont, ok they had a great second half tonight but they have been poor lately. Depends which spurs turn up.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Even if Kane comes back he is not exactly going to be match fit
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 9:26 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 9:17 pm wrote:
Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 9:12 pm wrote:And we wouldn't fold like Ajax did

Spurs are no pushovers, I don't know if Kane will be fit for the final but he has a nasty habit of scoring against us. If Ajax got through the trophy would have been ours imo.

What's with the doom and gloom yakka, yes would have preferred Ajax but do not fear spurs, do honestly think Llorente would have had that sort of impact against us,  I dont, ok they had a great second half tonight but they have been poor lately. Depends which spurs turn up.

I've seen it loads of times over the years mate particularly in the days when the FA Cup was a massive tournament, some teams just seem to have their name on a trophy. Spurs have got that vibe about them to me, they have just been too jammy to be true.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 10:31 pm

f*ck that moura, couldn't hit a barn door against city in the PL
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Yakka they're probably saying the same thing about us, getting out of the group stage 1-0 in the last match and knocking Barca out after being 3 down
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 10:39 pm

Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 9:34 pm wrote:Yakka they're probably saying the same thing about us, getting out of the group stage 1-0 in the last match and knocking Barca out after being 3 down

No one has been as jammy as them though mate, Aguero was about 6 inches off when Sterling scored and any other year that would have never been spotted, and then that tonight, literally the last kick of th game.
Could be worse though, could be an Ajax fan, imagine how they are feelng now.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Wed May 08, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:39 pm

I don’t agree with that ***** about a team having its “name on the trophy”; in the end it will come down to who wants it the most. I would have preferred Ajax due to the way they crumbled, but hopefully we’ll get the Totteringham of the first leg. I personally think that the players will want to do everything to make amends for last year and the manner in which we lost. Luckily we have a world class keeper and not one with crisp packets for hands.

Don’t forget how jammy we’ve been as well; yesterday, as well as Alison’s last min save vs Napoli being a case in point.
Last edited by Franky000 on Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franky000

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 10:44 pm

Franky000 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:39 pm wrote:I don’t agree with that ***** about a team having its “name on the trophy”; in the end it will come down to who wants it the most. I would have preferred Ajax due to the way they crumbled, but hopefully we’ll get the Totteringham of the first leg. I personally think that the players will want to do everything to make amends for last year and the manner in which we lost. Luckily we have a world class keeper and not one with crisp packets for hands.

Hope your right mate but I've seen it loads of times over the years, they've deffo got an air about them of a team with their name on the trophy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 10:49 pm

redshade » Wed May 08, 2019 9:07 pm wrote:So an EPL team is guaranteed to win the UCL this season...

Could be an all PL Europa league final as well
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed May 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Are you serious Yakka?

The dust hasn’t settled on what is arguably the club’s greatest ever victory in europe and your sprouting this hysterical nonsense.

The boys will be burning after letting Madrid get the better of them last season. Our defense is better than a teenage Ajax side. If we have the same mentality as yesterday (and we will) We will demolish Spurs.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2019 12:07 am

eds » Wed May 08, 2019 10:28 pm wrote:

Are you serious Yakka?

The dust hasn’t settled on what is arguably the club’s greatest ever victory in europe and your sprouting this hysterical nonsense.

The boys will be burning after letting Madrid get the better of them last season. Our defense is better than a teenage Ajax side. If we have the same mentality as yesterday (and we will) We will demolish Spurs.

Tonight was Spurs's greatest night in Europe too, they are in their first ever CL final, they are going to be buzzing just as much as we are if not more. We'll probably start the game slight favourites based on league form but Spurs shouldn't be underestimated, they took it to City on City's own patch and knocked them out, Ajax knocked Real Madrid and Juventus out and Spurs have just sent them packing despite being 1 down from the first leg, this isn't going to be a cakewalk.
Besides we have got our own demons to conquer, we haven't been getting it done in finals of late, in fact the last one we won was back in 2012, we went into that Seville game as big favourites but found a way to blow it so we shouldn't be complacent. if Brighton can't conjure up a miracle on the weekend there will be a hell of a lot of pressure on us to win this one.
In a one off game anything can happen, as we found out last year. Hopefully the experience of playing in last year's final will give us an edge, Madrid's experience deffo helped them against us.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Thu May 09, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Thu May 09, 2019 12:07 am

pretty sure it's going to be a nailbiter. As long as we take our chances, we'll win. But if we play like we did against Barca away, we'll loose.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu May 09, 2019 12:26 am

Yakka is just suffering from withdrawal after the incredible high the night before.

C'mon lads...it's only Spurs
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games