FLC : Aston Villa VS LIVERPOOL : Tues 17 Dec 2019 : KO 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:03 am

How many young players have come through our academy over the last decade and how many ended up as regulars in the first team? There must have been close to two hundred lads pass through in that time yet off the top of my head Trent, Raheem and Martin Kelly are the only ones who made it.
Jurgen is taking us to a level where it's only going to get even more difficult to break into the first team as well.
It's tough for those lads, the standard is so high. Ryan Kent is a good player but good isn't good enough. You have to admire Trent for making it into the first team via that route.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:22 am

I accept we have no pressing need to win the League Cup, however it riles me we lost our first team unbeaten record because over scheduling.

How could LFC be in 2 places at once? How could we put a team out that stood a chance of winning. I'm not miffed at all by the lads, I'm miffed we lost a first team record because of Fifa imposing this competition on us mid season.

The FA'll have to go for the winter break now to balance club, national and other competition demands. I read the League Cup's existence is under review.
The Austrian league has just started a 2 month winter break... their lads will be fresh for the CL knock out stages, our lads will be knackered after a heavy christmas schedule... we need to wise up, reduce the PL to 16 to knock out a few fixtures and take a month off.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:01 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:07 pm wrote:To be fair to Bunglemark football is a ruthless business, the average age of that team tonight was nearly 20 and by that age Ste MaManaman had played something like 60 games for the club and had won a MoM award in an FA Cup final. The likes of Gerrard, Fowler, Owen, Sterling etc were all first team regulars by that age too.
To me there' were only 2 lads out there tonight who have a chance of becoming first team regulars, Elliot has got a real chance, as long as he doesn't do a Woodburn and stop progressing he has a great chance of making it, Hoever has got a reasonable chance too. I'm not saying the others won't make a living out of the game but to be a regular for a club of our stature you have to be exceptional.

We do need to find a higher quality from our kids but one thing I would add is McManaman, Gerrard, Owen etc were plucked out and played in the first team as there was no one better, we now have world class players in every position. To replace Salah or Mane, the young player would probably be a player that doesn’t exist as he would have to be better than world class so these kids will not have the opportunities that the Gerrard, Fowler, Owen’s had because our team is so strong.

I’d also like to add that we just saw the youth team play as a collective and not individuals put into a senior team. Fowler etc were put in a team that had 30 year old’s playing alongside them giving them encouragement and confidence, these kids had a much bigger test.

As for the team, I was impressed. They started off dominating play and looking very good, missed a couple of great chances then Villa got a couple of very lucky goals so before they knew it they right against it. Man for man they were much better then they caved and that is not because Villa were better because actually Villa were lucky, they caved because they were young and they had no experience to dig out of the hole they were in. I don’t put that down to not enough skill as technically they looked good, just being young, playing against a premiership team with players at their peak at an away ground. Imagine, in five years (a career) Elliot will be 21, that is incredible. I saw some real quality in that team and I’m sure Klopp would have been impressed and taken that match in context.

The score flattered Villa who looked up against it until a couple of moment of fortune then the game came to them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:51 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:03 am wrote:How many young players have come through our academy over the last decade and how many ended up as regulars in the first team? There must have been close to two hundred lads pass through in that time yet off the top of my head Trent, Raheem and Martin Kelly are the only ones who made it.
Jurgen is taking us to a level where it's only going to get even more difficult to break into the first team as well.
It's tough for those lads, the standard is so high. Ryan Kent is a good player but good isn't good enough. You have to admire Trent for making it into the first team via that route.

How many teams have that many young players break through to the top teams - not many , most get two or three over a decade period.

The level of rubbish being posted about last nights game is embarrassiing

Last night we had 5 young lads making their debut , youngest ever team , a couple of 16 year old lads - there were no senior players playing , the most expirenced was prob Elliot or Hoever - one the youngest on the pitch

They played against mainly Prem players and played better than them beyond finishing

No negatives should be taken from last night
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:29 am

Chelsea seem to have a better youth policy, you see more young players make it from there than from us.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:44 am

Boocity » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:29 am wrote:Chelsea seem to have a better youth policy, you see more young players make it from there than from us.

Really ? Until the recent two or three players who before then ? And even then they haven’t really made it yet
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:53 am

Very disappointed with the negative comments...…..Well done to the young boys last night...controlled huge swathes of the game last night against a team with 8 internationals...only the fickle Reds will pour scorn on their performance...nice to see the true supporters in the away end showing what real support is all about...YNWA
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Reg » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:22 am wrote:I accept we have no pressing need to win the League Cup, however it riles me we lost our first team unbeaten record because over scheduling.

How could LFC be in 2 places at once? How could we put a team out that stood a chance of winning. I'm not miffed at all by the lads, I'm miffed we lost a first team record because of Fifa imposing this competition on us mid season.

The FA'll have to go for the winter break now to balance club, national and other competition demands. I read the League Cup's existence is under review.
The Austrian league has just started a 2 month winter break... their lads will be fresh for the CL knock out stages, our lads will be knackered after a heavy christmas schedule... we need to wise up, reduce the PL to 16 to knock out a few fixtures and take a month off.

I hear ya Reg... also I'm sure Carabo are well happy that the current European Champions, potential Premier league winners are knocked out and no longer featuring in their competition due to being stubborn with moving the fixture. I really hope it affects their sales and brand. I also hope if we're in the same position next season or not we opt out of playing in their f*ck on of a competition until they stand down from sponsoring it. Carabou and the FA had the power to sort this - they chose not to.

Good effort by the young lads! We move on.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Apart from the result, we for sure have raw but very promising young talents, especially Harvey Elliot this kid will have a bright future, and each I watch him play it gives me great joy. Villa should thanks their excellent keeper, otherwise the score line will a lot different.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Reg » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:22 am wrote:I accept we have no pressing need to win the League Cup, however it riles me we lost our first team unbeaten record because over scheduling.

Which record are you talking about reg? We already lost in the CL.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:38 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:21 pm wrote:That's the crux of my point. Not an open criticism of a bunch of teenagers. I would have loved to see three, four of them do something sublime, something we saw from Owen, Fowler or others at that age.
Look, maybe I'm being too harsh, but we hear the culture of the first team allegedly cascades down to the younger teams. I watched the whole game live tonight and was waiting to see that.

And quote of the year goes to Bungle - “MAYBE I’M BEING TOO HARSH” !!! Ffs mate I thought Tommy Smith was our resident knobhead and even he was very complimentary  :kungfu:

Great experience for the kids who didn’t discredit themselves. The score line doesn’t really tell the full story. Villa’s first 2 goals had good fortune smacked all over them. We were dealt a crappy hand and it was always going to be extremely difficult. At least it is one thing less to worry about. I am a lot more interested in bringing this ridiculous 29 year drought to an end !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous