Burnley v Liverpool – Sunday 13 Feb – 2pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Eagle » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:23 pm

Short turnaround time after Leicester and also between this game and Inter on Wednesday. Games will be coming thick and fast over the next few weeks but thankfully we have a fully fit squad so I expect some rotation. I'd go for something like the below but suspect Klopp will play Roberton and Henderson. Henderson playing as one of the two 8s just seems like a waste in a game where we'll be trying to break down a low block. Gomez and Origi didn't even make the bench for Leicester, and with Mane and Henderson coming back in, 2 more will have to make way. My money is on Minamino and Keita.

Alisson

Trent          Konate          van Dijk          Tsimikas

Elliott          Fabinho          Jones

Salah          Firmino          Diaz

Subs: Jota, Mane, Henderson, Thiago, Ox, Milner, Matip, Robertson, Kelleher
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:56 pm

Although bottom of the league Burnley have drawn their last 3 and 2 of those were against United and Arsenal so I don’t think we should underestimate them. Once again the title is on the line and given we are away from home I think we need to put out a strong side, no offence Eagle mate but I wouldn’t have Firmino or Jones anywhere near my line up not on current form anyway.
I’d go with the side that started against Leicester except I’d have Salah in for Firmino and Elliot or Hendo in for Jones.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:00 am

Got to agree Yakka. As I said in the Leicester match thread I thought FIRMINO and JONES were the weakest links. For me ROBBO starts and keep the back four the same. Possibly rest JOEL for KONATE but only because he is so injury prone. Definitely replace JONES with HENDO. MO,SADIO and DIOGO up front with ALI in goal. I totally agree that this won’t be easy. Burnley are awkward at the best of times. I am sure that we will get most of the play but we will be up against a brick wall. Imagination and patience will possibly be the answer. PRESS PRESS PRESS !!

I’ve just realised I forgot about LUIS DIAZ !! :laugh: Maybe start him instead of SADIO and bring on SADIO in the second half.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:54 am

I’m sure they will park the bus so we need our slickest passers in there, I’d say Elliot Fabinho Thiago in midfield. Not sure we need Hendo for this one as it will most likely be a possession game for us and need players to unlock their defense.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:35 pm

Let’s not forget Burnley are fighting for their premier league lives and this time of year there are always shock results as the teams down the bottom desperately try to claw their way out of trouble. Most of their players probably won’t be picked up by other premier league clubs as well so if they do go down a lot of their squad will be staring down the barrel of a massive pay cut. If they do end up in the championship some of them may never even play in the top flight again so never mind Sean Dyche you can bet your bottom dollar their wives will be making damn sure they are right up for this so we need to be ready to match them for effort and commitment, if we do that our superior skill should win the day but only if we match them in the other area’s.
Imo this title race is not over, not by a long chalk, City have 14 games left and there will be at least a couple of draws and maybe even a loss or two in there. We’ve just got to keep winning, if we do they will 100% start to get the jitters, nothing worse than when you think you’ve got something won then you’ve got to go and win it again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:54 am

It won't be an easy game (there aren't many easy away games in the prem though, if any), but I think we might end up rotating to keep players fresh for the Inter game on Wednesday. I can see the likes of Thiago being on the bench for this one, Matip too and maybe a few others. I think only Salah, Virgil and Allison are certain to start, some of the others might get a rest.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:01 pm

Unfortunately the games not being shown on tv, streams only.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Liverpool team news

Starting XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Thiago, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jota, Tsimikas, Diaz, Elliott.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:02 pm

Reg wrote:Unfortunately the games not being shown on tv, streams only.

Try one of these Reg.

https://www.google.com/search?q=burnley ... s-wiz-serp

Iptv is the only way of getting to watch all our games. Other than that a vpn and bein sports as they have all games as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:20 pm

It's hard to see how Bobby or Hendo justify their starting places now that we have options.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:24 pm

f*ck me we were nearly 1 down there. Got absolutely carved open on the counter :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:29 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:24 pm wrote:f*ck me we were nearly 1 down there. Got absolutely carved open on the counter :down:

What are you watching the game on mate ? Link appreciated.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:32 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:29 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:24 pm wrote:f*ck me we were nearly 1 down there. Got absolutely carved open on the counter :down:

What are you watching the game on mate ? Link appreciated.

Astro sports Woof but its iptv so no link. Most of the decent links are via social media nowadays so try the link I posted above and see if one works. 

This lot are knocking on the door  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:35 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:35 pm

Awkward teams like Burnley will be trying to catch us with our high line defending
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games