Burnley v Liverpool – Sunday 13 Feb – 2pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:25 pm

I got a “video box” and a subscription for a year, all in it’s about £80, if you have good internet you can get absolutely everything. Every match, fight, race etc. there is sky, US, bein sports, so many channels from all around the world, what’s more you can take it with you when you travel. It’s the way to go and I highly recommend it. It can all be done on the internet and paid with a credit card. It is getting ridiculous how you need five different subscriptions just to watch everything you want. I’ve been on this system for a few years, it goes out occasionally but on the whole it is good.

As for the game…..tough match, tough opposition, tough weather but good result, happy about another clean sheet.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:32 pm

Santa » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:04 pm wrote:Watch snippets of Spurs horror show...what a joke they should sign Harry Maguire to complete the circus

I was hoping that they would take something off City but the way they are now that just seems highly unlikely, same with ManUre
Last edited by kazza on Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:32 pm

Got something similar Kazza via an Amazon Fire Box or Amazon Firestick. Tad cheaper than yours and extremely stable.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:14 pm

Not our best match but we continue the run. Next up Inter Milan.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:49 pm

Terrible conditions and a turgid performance.

Firmino has been a great servant to the club but he is well past his best and shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11 based on the last 12 months levels.

Gave the ball away a shocking number of times and contributed nothing going forward.

Time for him to move on in the summer.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:50 pm

I thought we managed that game very professionally,practically all of Burnleys attempts at getting behind our backline were offside. I thought Keita was very tidy in possession and Fabinho just won just about everything in the middle. Thiago's introduction for a shocking Henderson completely changed the game and I don't think there was any danger of losing control of that middle. Pope once again had his usual worldie against us and Ben Mee once again raised his game for our visit. Other than that it was a controlled performance in some ridiculous weather and a Burnley team content with launching the ball over our back line as their only form of attack. Hopefully its the last time we play at this horrible little ground ,angry manager ,***** fans and its a final cold day in Burnley and their 70's football is now something for the teams in the Championship to deal with next season.

Lovely three points and glad its over.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:38 pm

The difference between Jurgen and the likes of Souness, Evans, Houllier, Rafa, Roy, Kenny 2.0 and Brendan is that all the other managers probably would have lost or drawn that game today. Away to a physical team like Burnley when it’s blowing a gale and they are fighting for their lives, the game had banana skin written all over it.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:17 am

***** conditions led to a ***** game but we controlled it for the most part.

RBG is not wrong about Henderson and when Thiago replaced him we began to completely control the game. Henderson's performances this season are the elephant in the room. His pass completion today was 50% which is incredibly poor wherever you play on the pitch. Fabinho (83%), Keita (90%), and Thiago (82%) faired much better but it's hard to control games if one our midfielders is giving the ball away half of the time and a better side would have punished us.

Thought both CBs were really good in what were difficult conditions to be facing aerial balls and Ali pulled off some smart saves.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:22 am

electrum » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:49 pm wrote:Terrible conditions and a turgid performance.

Firmino has been a great servant to the club but he is well past his best and shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11 based on the last 12 months levels.

Gave the ball away a shocking number of times and contributed nothing going forward.

From all of our midfielders and attackers who started the game, only Keita (90%) had a better pass completion than Firmino (84%).
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:47 am

I think Thiago and Fabinho complement each other very well, they have to start wherever possible and Hendo has been in decline, most probably from all the injuries and should probably be dropped.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:35 am

Eagle » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:22 pm wrote:
electrum » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:49 pm wrote:Terrible conditions and a turgid performance.

From all of our midfielders and attackers who started the game, only Keita (90%) had a better pass completion than Firmino (84%).

I am really not sure what those stats tell us because neither of them were particularly effective during the game. Is it that both of them mainly play very short unadventurous passes?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:50 am

devaney » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:35 am wrote:

I am really not sure what those stats tell us because neither of them were particularly effective during the game. Is it that both of them mainly play very short unadventurous passes?

That’s a good point actually, Kenny Dalglish’s possession stats would have been terrible because he was always probing and trying to thread clever little through-ball’s through packed defences like a prime Coutinho on steroids. Even though most of his through balls wouldn’t come off there’d often be rapturous applause ringing around the ground applauding his vision and game intelligence for even seeing the pass.
As you are hinting at stats can be useful but they are not the be all and end all, they don’t tell the whole story. There’s a world of difference between a sloppy 10 yard pass and an ingenious through ball that doesn’t quite get there but the stats don’t differentiate between the two.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:00 pm

Playmakers will inevitably have lower pass success rates, they play a different role to a defensive midfielder who passes the ball out to a higher midfielder for example. Bobby is a play maker, Keita is .... I'd sell Minamino, Keita, Origi and a couple of youngsters before selling Bobby. Bobby's now a squad player, he needs to adapt to becoming an impact substitute and bring through the young lads. It's the first time we have 5 first class forwards (Mo, Mane, Bobby, Jota and Diaz) let's enjoy going for 4 cups with such in-depth experience (+ Origi), it's a dream come true.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:21 pm

devaney » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:35 am wrote:

Primarily what it tells us is that Firmino did not "give the ball away a shocking number of times" as electrum had suggested. It’s become a bit of a lazy narrative around Firmino. If he did, then most of our other players did too.

On Firmino in general, I do think there has been a decline over the last few years but I thought he was fine yesterday. With the role he is asked to play as a number 9 (make runs away from the goal to create space for others, pick up the ball in difficult spaces and try to connect the rest of the team to the last line, etc), he’ll always be questioned. If you go back a few years on this forum you’ll find people saying we should replace him with a goal scorer but he remained one of the first names on the team sheet for Klopp. I still think he’s a great option in our attack even if he doesn’t make our strongest 11 anymore.

On Keita, he didn’t pull up any trees yesterday but I thought he was quietly effective next to Fabinho and helped us control the game both on and off the ball. When it comes to the number of touches of the ball, pass completion rate, and tackles made, he came up ahead of our other midfielders. He kept giving players an option and getting them out of trouble and just kept the ball moving nicely. Off the ball he closed down spaces and helped out the fullbacks a lot. It was a very Wijnaldum type performance and we all know the sort stick Gini got over his entire 5 years with the club. When Keita came in we saw a player who liked to dribble pass players and try a risky pass but that doesn’t seem to be what Klopp is asking him to do anymore.

So I’d think that Klopp would say that both Firmino and Keita were effective yesterday in a difficult game without setting the place alight. But then neither did anyone else.
Eagle

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:24 pm

A good three points the outcome of a very difficult game is well-pleasing.  We started to control the game after the introduction of  Thiago, and Fab was the game savor. 

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games