BLACKBURN V LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Greavesie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 pm

it was an absolute farce of a match, I've consigned it being meaningless tbh, I don't think I'll witness a game full of incident or dodgy moments like that again
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 pm

ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 pm wrote:I thought Carroll played really well.  Did well defensively, sure, but offensively I thought he was one of our most threatening players.  I know so many of you are slating him, but his touch was so much better, his holding of the ball, getting himself into the box today.  That diving header isn't an easy shot to make, and he's barely missed it.  f*ck all you little prats who won't shut the f*ck up every time Carroll makes a mistake, stand behind your player when he has a good game at least for ***** sakes.  He was one of our best players today.  SO many of you made fun of him for almost scoring an og.  If that was Reina he would have just caught the ball.  Jones made a meal of it because he's trying to make himself look good.  ANy decent keeper could have just caught the ball no problem.

You're wrong about jones. That drop for the pen was nothing to do with ego.

That was a man who was nervous as hell in a game he never thought he would be involved in. He f*cking lost his son last November to leukaemia FFS, quite frankly enormous respect to that man.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:03 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 pm wrote:
ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 pm wrote:I thought Carroll played really well.  Did well defensively, sure, but offensively I thought he was one of our most threatening players.  I know so many of you are slating him, but his touch was so much better, his holding of the ball, getting himself into the box today.  That diving header isn't an easy shot to make, and he's barely missed it.  f*ck all you little prats who won't shut the f*ck up every time Carroll makes a mistake, stand behind your player when he has a good game at least for ***** sakes.  He was one of our best players today.  SO many of you made fun of him for almost scoring an og.  If that was Reina he would have just caught the ball.  Jones made a meal of it because he's trying to make himself look good.  ANy decent keeper could have just caught the ball no problem.

That was a man who was nervous as hell in a game he never thought he would be involved in. He f*cking lost his son last November to leukaemia FFS, quite frankly enormous respect to that man.

Ditto those sentiments. If I was in his shoes I wouldn't have the character to get on with things like he has.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:03 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:
ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:51 pm wrote:And all you miserable ***** who have been slating him this whole time go quiet.

Behave. He had been laughably bad up until a 92nd minute header (his previous best effort almost put it in our own net) from a direct method of play. One moment does not mask a dreadful display.

The goal was big for morale/mood... it better not have any bearing on him starting at Wembley.

Laughably bad? I tell you what is laughably bad, is your post. He was playing well up until that goal, actually. Doing the donkey work by getting back and defending when he had to, and doing that well, and being the lone target man making things stick so we could get an attack going, which he done brilliantly with some nice touches and knock downs. You couldn't ask more from a center forward when a team is down to 10 men. Do you play the game, or is it just on your Playstation?
Last edited by Emerald Red on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Good post lad. (Don't agree with the Brad Jones bit)

:buttrock

Well in Andy, well done Redz....finally...a.....win
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:04 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 pm wrote:

Mate I'm talking about when Carroll headed it backwards.  Jones clearly waited a bit so he could make it look like some amazing save he's tapped over the bar.  If he would have just straightforward gone for it, he would have caught it.

Either that or his reaction time is extremely slow, or he has no depth perception with the ball, which means he shouldn't be playing keeper.  But I'm pretty sure that's not why.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:04 pm

ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 pm wrote:Bellamy: "It's a goalkick you f*cking idiot" hahahaha, man these refs really don't know the damn rules.

Thank God at least one of the players knows the rules... LIke I said, I thought I was the only one who noticed we got an offside call on a goal kick.  Refs aren't f*cking paying attention.

Didn't notice it the first time, but I did the second time. Still can't stop laughing about Bellamy's reaction, yelling to the linesman  :laugh:
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Listen if i was in the Californian sunshine like ethanr i too would think Sh*t smelled of roses ... Carroll gave another average performance but fair play.. he managed to get on the end of a direct long ball upfield and stick his head on it.

Again, it could be massive for team morale... but please god it doesnt have any say on him starting at Wembley.
D___C

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:08 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:
Behave. He had been laughably bad up until a 92nd minute header .

We clearly weren't watching the same match because I thought Andy had a solid game tonight, his goal was just the icing on the cake. Andy can play as badly as he wants, just as long as he is scoring goals in a majority of our matches, I couldn't care less.
Boxscarf

Postby ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:07 pm wrote:Listen if i was in the Californian sunshine like ethanr i too would think Sh*t smelled of roses ... Carroll gave another average performance but fair play.. he managed to get on the end of a direct long ball upfield and stick his head on it.

Again, it could be massive for team morale... but please god it doesnt have any say on him starting at Wembley.

You're right.  Because I live in "Sunny California" everything I say is completely moronic.  You argue just like a woman, so I guess it makes sense tho.  Bring completely non-relevant things into conversations to make a point...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Raoul » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 pm

That turned out to be worth getting up at 3am for.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:13 pm

I can't prove it but could the fact we had the worst March ever was because Agger was out?  Every time he plays he is a massive factor on defence and our attacking game. Coincidence or not?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:13 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:07 pm wrote:Listen if i was in the Californian sunshine like ethanr i too would think Sh*t smelled of roses ... Carroll gave another average performance but fair play.. he managed to get on the end of a direct long ball upfield and stick his head on it.

Jesus lad what you on? When we were down to 10 men he was putting as much graft in as our back 4 and getting up the other end of the pitch as well. Tonight he was good.

I'm not sold ont he lad in general, but there's enough there to believe he will develop into a really good hold up player, he just needs to familiarise himself with LFC and settle in. Truth be told I don't think he ever wanted to leave Newcastle and that's what's took time. The summer will certainly be interesting to assess how we'll set up to attack, unless we go for two completely different attacking line ups
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NorfolkRed » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 pm

agreed Andy had another very solid game. Yes he needs to up his scoring rate but the rest of his game has come together.

He's wearing a red shirt - i'm supporting him
NorfolkRed

Postby D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:15 pm

ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:11 pm wrote:
D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:07 pm wrote:Listen if i was in the Californian sunshine like ethanr i too would think Sh*t smelled of roses ... Carroll gave another average performance but fair play.. he managed to get on the end of a direct long ball upfield and stick his head on it.

You're right.  Because I live in "Sunny California" everything I say is completely moronic.  You argue just like a woman, so I guess it makes sense tho.  Bring completely non-relevant things into conversations to make a point...

I didnt even hint at moronic... just ultra positive.

A moment cannot disguise a poor performance.

It was a big moment for team morale and hopefully it improves the mood of the team... but it cant have any say on him starting at Wembley.. that would be a major error.
D___C

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games