You'll Never Walk Alone!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:59 pm

heimdall

"Effort is the same thing as work-rate, I was just tagging on quality and performance since you seem to support our players irrespective of what kind of mockery they make of the shirt."

So the "quality" and "performance" part of your post was irrelevant?
Thanks
:)
Thommo's perm

Postby heimdall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:59 pm wrote:heimdall

"Effort is the same thing as work-rate, I was just tagging on quality and performance since you seem to support our players irrespective of what kind of mockery they make of the shirt."

Thanks

?? Do you not understand basic English, or do you find most things in life confusing. They do say ignorance is bliss though and only the stupid are truly happy so you must be a very content man.  :D
heimdall

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:05 pm

heimdall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:05 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:59 pm wrote:heimdall

Thanks

?? Do you not understand basic English, or do you find most things in life confusing. They do say ignorance is bliss though and only the stupid are truly happy so you must be a very content man.  :D

Dude, you should really read things before you post. I, and many others, DO support our players irrespective of their performances. That's what 'support' means. They pull on the shirt and they play for us. We support the TEAM as a package. How can you possibly divide the squad into single players and decide which to support and which to not to support? Did you read my opening post here? It's our anthem. Idle words to you perhaps?

And then you decide to take the liberty of "tagging" quality and performance into my answer to your question simply to support your negativity. Seems to me that you really should look at 'basic english' and find the definition of support.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

7_Kewell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:13 pm wrote:Shanks once said: ""For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared
to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Now consider these words next time you watch Downing, Henderson, Adam and Carroll play.....

But for a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool he also must have the talent. I have never doubted the effort/workrate of the aforementioned players.

Its not an effort issue.. the players are working very hard. Jay Spearing is as honest as the day is long.. no one could knock the lad on that.

Personally when i make a comment on a player its concerning their ability, and its that where we are way short. We had Ngog playing for us... look at the guy at Bolton.. diabolical. We persist too long with average players.
D___C

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:56 am

RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:48 pm wrote:When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk

You'll never walk
You'll never walk alone.

Could any song words ever have been more apt for what we as fans have had to endure ?
I Fucking love those words.... :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:45 am

The idiots in this thread need to walk alone.

The rest will walk on with hope..

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:26 am

Its the inconsistency of the player thats frustrating everyone, after all, newly promoted Norwich are now on equal points with us, now how the BH did we get ourselves into that position? Its no surprise folks are upset, lets be honest.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:38 am

Everyone should and is 100% behind the team when they run out on to that pitch
and that is where you show your support.

This forum however is not a football arena and as such support of everything
Liverpool is not required. Its set up to do the quite the opposite, air views openly
and honestly.

You should open up on here, Dalglish doesnt read it, you are not offending the
football club or its staff, or breaking a code of honour.

Totally agree in the YNWA thing on matchdays, but please do not mix up what
happens then and what goes down on here. They are two very different things
and should be treated as such.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:10 am

parchpea » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:38 am wrote:Everyone should and is 100% behind the team when they run out on to that pitch
and that is where you show your support.

This forum however is not a football arena and as such support of everything
Liverpool is not required. Its set up to do the quite the opposite, air views openly
and honestly.

You should open up on here, Dalglish doesnt read it, you are not offending the
football club or its staff, or breaking a code of honour.

Totally agree in the YNWA thing on matchdays, but please do not mix up what
happens then and what goes down on here. They are two very different things
and should be treated as such.

I agree with you. This thread though is to remind people what we stand for. Sometime's when walking through the storm it can become hard to see but we must walk on with hope, right? To disregard this anthem is to disregard our history, our very soul. Opinions and debate are healthy and it's why we all come onto this forum i'm sure. But we can have opinions and debates whilst remaining true to what Liverpool FC is and has always been. Liverpool fans should (I think) be friends by default. Hopefully if we can regain our unity (not just here on the forum, but everywhere that involves us) we can regain our pride and hold our heads up high once more.

YNWA
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby babu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 am

Agreed, so many other threads to post doom, let it out of this one.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:34 am

banana(real one) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:58 pm wrote: Kenny is making millions of pounds as manager and he is not doing it for charity. Walking alone? He is rather laughing every step of the way to the bank leaving the club in bottomless debt from his failed transfer dealings making it impossible for the club to recover the next 5 years.

Absolutely shocked that any Liverpool supporter would malign Kenny Dalglish's character in this manner. Post more shi'te like this and you won't last long in this forum. By all means discuss, moan and berate him for his signings, tactics and the teams shortcomings but to suggest he's only here for the money and is "laughing all the way to the bank" is an unforgivable insult to a man who is much more than just a football manager to the people of Liverpool and thousands of fans around the world.

Your crassness only illustrates your complete lack of insight regarding Kenny Dalglish the man.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 pm

That's plain silly. Kenny is making millions of pounds as manager and he is not doing it for charity. Walking alone? He is rather laughing every step of the way to the bank leaving the club in bottomless debt from his failed transfer dealings making it impossible for the club to recover the next 5 years. Please save me from your insane *****.

What an idiotic post.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:35 pm

banana(real one) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:58 pm wrote:[quote=]
That's plain silly. Kenny is making millions of pounds as manager and he is not doing it for charity. Walking alone? He is rather laughing every step of the way to the bank leaving the club in bottomless debt from his failed transfer dealings making it impossible for the club to recover the next 5 years. Please save me from your insane *****.

that`s an awful post, have you forgotten how he took the managers job in the aftermath of heysel when people literally spat on the floor whenever the name of this club was mentioned? the liverpool managers job at that time was the biggest poison challice in the history of not just football but the history of international sport. have you also forgotten how he became ill in the aftermath of hillsborough? does that sound like someone who laughs all the way to the bank?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:37 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:50 pm wrote:
banana(real one) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:33 pm wrote:Well MrRedsi35 the owners may finance the purchases with equity, debt or both. Any way you look at it the transfers have made our finances a lot weaker (balance sheet) and this is not made up in a year or two. It might take 5-10 years to recover from this. If you think the owners are going to entrust Kenny with 120 millions this summer, you must be lacking a braincell or two

What a dick. You know nothing of this club.

You suggest that KK is "laughing his way to the bank" - any true supporter should take offence at that. To suggest Kennys integrity and presence is due to money make you an enemy of this club. All I say to scum like you is - every funeral.

23 post from banana(realone) suggests a wiff of bitter blue! Kenny and more likely Comolli have spent less than £35m in net terms. Fenway actually bought the club for a dramatically knocked down price on almost repossession terms from the bank. Financially we are actually in better shape than we have been for a very long time. Stick to supporting your wonderful manager of ten years with his empty trophy cabinet instead of coming on here spouting absolute utter sh.ite !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:27 pm

banana(real one) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 pm wrote:6. This is not a friggin mosquea or synagogue or temple of worship, this is hearts AND minds - only heart will get you nowhere, only mind will create cynisicm

While everyone is having a go at you for your assassination of Dalglish's character, I might just point out that many people who go regularly to mosques or synagogues or temples go with their hearts AND minds engaged. For the record I don't go to a mosque or synagogue or temple, but I'll bet there are people on here who do, and I find your suggestion that they are mindless in their beliefs, at best ignorant, at worst repugnant.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion