Walk on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:53 am

We lost boo hooo. Let's not cry about it, you win some and you lose some. Dudek and Garcia are not the reasons we lost, the reason we lost is because most of our players played as individuals and not as a team. You can't get much done in football if you aren't going to play with you team-mates.

Pass the ball,control the ball,create space,make chances. We did none of those instead we kicked the ball up the pitch and prayed for a miracle. We looked better when we played 5 games in a week, obiviously we are rusty as $#%@#! We have to get our match fitness back and we can do so starting Tuesday.

"We won't finish fourth" something I don't want to hear. Look at the situation logicaly. We do not have any tough opponents to play against and sides such as Everton and Boro will not last much longer. Without Gravesen Everton are hopeless, they will slip up but in order for us to stay in 5th place a draw between Boro and Everton would be good. I just can not see them finishing above us. Forget about Chelsea,Arsenal and Man Utd, forget about what we could had done and should had done. Time to focus on the future, our next games.

We have a good enough side to get maximum points but if we continue to play like we did today we won't get much done. A good run of games will help us and we will be in good form yet again.

No time for doom and gloom.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 116-1105728556 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:36 am

Surely the issue is whether this is a temporary blip or the way things are now gonna be.

I think the Mancs game was after some signings and the fans anticipated a win and then to play well but perhaps we were expecting too much.

As it turned out we didn't play well nor did our new signings set the game alight which is why I think we are now so despondent. This process of reflection is good and will allow us to take stock and review the process, Raf and the players need this time.

If you have any ideas as to why we lost other than comments about we all played ****** then visit the post about why it went wrong cos I don't know and would like to hear others opinions.
116-1105728556

Postby MOMO » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:20 am

I think we need more time
I'm a Chinese girl !!!
I'm glad to meet everyone!!!
MOMO

Postby ssss » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:56 am

Considering the fact that both pelle and moro are new the team and are short of match fitness, I thought they did brilliant.

The fault lies not in them not performing, not in dudek but the whole team in general who played well below par including the darling of this forum, steven gerarrd.

We simply lost the game in midfield, where scholes, keane and fletcher outclassed gerrard and co. simple...thats where we lost the game..
ssss

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion