Yossi lifts the lid

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:03 am

Yossi has give his reasons as to why he choose to leave Liverpool and it dosent make good reading for Rafa -

"Everyone asks me why I left Liverpool"

"There is only one reason - Rafa Benitez.

"I agreed to join Chelsea before Roy Hodgson was appointed Liverpool's new manager.

"It's a dream for me such a fantastic club have given me this opportunity.

"But I want Liverpool fans to know the truth and for them to know I made up my mind to leave a long time ago because of Benitez.

"He never treated me with the respect I deserved. If I played well, I never felt he gave me credit.

"When I scored, I still expected to be out of the team the next game.

"And when the fans wanted me to play, Benitez told me he couldn't understand why."

"There are many examples of him treating me badly.

"On two occasions early last season, against Fulham and Lyon, the fans booed when I was subbed.

"They thought I was playing well but Benitez told me he was surprised the fans booed because I was not good enough.

"It was as if the fans' reaction worked against me. The situation got worse afterwards.

"He told me I was a better player as a substitute instead of starting in the team.

"Then, when we played Birmingham after I hadn't started a game for a month, he didn't tell me I was starting until two hours before the game.

"He tried to destroy my confidence. You can't treat a player like this and expect him to be happy.

"I felt so unhappy but, out of respect to the club, I never spoke out. The players and the people at the top of the club knew how I felt.

"I don't want to speak on behalf of other players at Liverpool, but people know what happened to Albert Riera and Xabi Alonso"

"It was the same for me. Benitez tried to break me like he broke Riera.

"I was sure he wanted me to attack him in the Press during the season so he could turn the fans against me, so I kept quiet.

"I felt he was waiting for me to make a mistake so he could use it against me.

"On the day before the final game of last season at Hull, Benitez pulled me to one side after training and said: 'You will not be in the squad for this game. Thank you for your three years of service, now you can call your agent to do a deal with another club.'

"That's when Chelsea made an offer and the deal was done before Benitez left."

"The previous season when we finished second in the Premier League, I was happy with my performance in the final months but I was not sure if the manager thought I was a good player,"

"I told Benitez I would go if he wanted, but he told me I was important and he would give me a new contract, which I signed.

"But then for the first game of the new season I wasn't in the team again. The manager ignored me when I wanted to know why.

"After he ignored me for a long time, he needed me for Europe when Ryan Babel was suspended.

"I said: 'You need me now and I will always do my best.'

"I scored against Atletico Madrid in the Europa League semi-final. It was a really emotional moment for me. The fans could see what it meant to me.

"I couldn't say at the time, but I knew this was my last season at Liverpool and I wanted a special end.

"I thought: 'No matter how the manager is treating me, I'm showing the fans the club is in my heart.'

"I knew I had to get away from Benitez. A lot of people at Liverpool treated me well and asked me to stay, but I could not turn down such a massive club as Chelsea.

"I could not risk waiting to see if Benitez kept his job.

"The club said they understood why I was unhappy and promised they'd let me leave in the summer if an offer came while Benitez was manager.

"It is good for Liverpool Benitez has gone, but it was too late for me.

"I know everyone working there will be a lot happier and I believe Roy Hodgson is a good choice.

"It was a privilege for me to play for such a great club in front of great fans. I thought I would be staying for a lot longer."

Pretty hard stuff from Yossi, I wonder how many more of these stories will start coming out? I suppose the opposite to this is Mascherano who  has always good stuff to say about Rafa......
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:13 am

I don't know what to say.. :O
Tim LFC

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:16 am

Tim LFC wrote:I don't know what to say.. :O

ill say it for you , judas fu.cking bas,tard whos gonna be stuck on the bench
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:16 am

Well that much was obvious. Like you I can imagine more stories like this being shown.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:16 am

none of that stuff about Benitez is news to me but he is gone now - let's move on.

We don't need another thread about him - he's gone.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:17 am

NANNY RED wrote:

How dare you call a jew "Judas" :grinning:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:21 am

Big Niall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Mild to what he should be called,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:23 am

Big Niall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Never ever rafs fault! A poor manager in terms of man management. Nanny wont have it! I'm happy he's gone now, but its all for another day.
boodiddy1

Postby Fauxy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:26 am

Wow :O

I dont think he's a Judas at all! He didnt get on with Rafa so he left. He didnt open his mouth and slag the club off like Riera.

Seriously.. how can you call him a Judas now? He hasnt done anything wrong imo
Fauxy

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:26 am

NANNY RED wrote:Mild to what he should be called,

Honest?

In all fairness to him nan. He was messed about something chronic by rafa, his explanation just confirmed what most of us already knew. He is coming towards the end of his career, why not get as much money as he can before retirement? Lets be honest here, if Man City where sniffing around, he would probably have gone to them.

There are times though when you have to look at the bigger picture about rafa. He isnt perfect. On the pitch and regarding player relationships, he got a lot wrong that we started going backwards.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:28 am

Everyone will have their own take on it. Those who felt the previous management had lost elements of the dressing room will see it as proof, those who wouldn't hear a word against the previous management will now turn on Benayoun.

As a couple have said, it's unimportant now as we have a new manager. I actually agree with Benayoun in the sense it's an excellent appointment, and I'm very hopeful we will improve as a direct result of it.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:30 am

forget benitez - it is all about the Roy now.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:32 am

so let me get this right? ????
benni and rafa are not friends anymore:D :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:38 am

red till i die!! wrote:so let me get this right? ????
benni and rafa are not friends anymore:D :D

Well yossi Image and rafa Image during the season Image errr....Image

yeah....
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:38 am

Look let me get one thing straight ,its got fu,ck all to do with me supporting Rafa ,WHEN HE WAS HERE , Its got a lot to do with a player any fecking player who was accociated with this club giving interviews to sh.ite newspapers and bad journos like him who only have one thing on there mind vendetta, simply, Why fecking come out to Babcombe like that , but i see people have spun there own agenda again into it and got it confused with Rafa ,

Any ex player IMO who comes out with an interview about anything that has happend or who they did or didnt get on with at our club to that newspaper is a shitho,use.

NEWS FLASH , RAFA WASNT PERFECT , I KNOW

News update , He made loads of mistakes ,I KNOW

newkit ticker tape. YOSSIE IS A SHI.THOUSE . I NOW KNOW
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion