Luis to yossi - Identical player?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Garcia is a better player than Yossi , he was frustrating at times, but always had the balls to try and make something happen, no matter how many times he messed up in a game. People forget how many times he got crucial goals when the game was on a knife edge. He wasnt consistent enough to be a first team regular but would have done more for the team than Benayoun IMO
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:09 pm

I don't think Garcia was a better player at all..?  I this Yossi is much the better player when you look at the complete picture. 

Garcia had a gift, he did things in saome games that we all dream of doing, but too often than not he wasted possession.

Yossi may not be as flash, but is a good solid player who defends, tackles, passes and dribbles much better than his spanish counter part.

Luis.. thanks for the memories, but lets hope Yossi's more dependent/consistant type of football lets us build towards winning the title
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:25 pm

Garcia was a big game player, infact a massive game player.
He may have frustrated but players that come up with the goods in tight games are worth there weight in gold.

Benayoun seems to be a very capable player and keeps the ball far better, he also has a very good goalscoring record, although most of them in games against poorer sides or in games we have already scored a few in.

If he could start scoring in the big games then he would definately be the better player, but i doubt that will happen, he is still a useful option though.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:27 pm

I miss little Luis  :down:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:31 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I don't think we'd have signed Benayoun if Garcia had stayed.  I think Garcia went, though, to grease the wheels for the Torres deal so, much as I rated him, it was a good move.  As for Benayoun, he's a tidy little player with an eye for goal.  If he can somehow manage to match Luis's brilliance against top sides, I'd be thrilled.  I can't help but think, though, that he doesn't quite have that same sprinkle of magic (nor, to be fair, does he have the Spaniard's capacity to irritate).

When he wrote that beautiful letter to the Liverpool fans to say goodbye, he explained he didn't want to have less minutes and that's what would happen should he stayed.

I think that prediction is correct. Luis, a player I rate, was used by Rafa as jack in all trades player, left wing, attacking mid, from the right aswell, sometimes second striker. This year we've brought specific players for that specific positions.

On the thread's issue, at first glance it might seem they're identical, but IMHO the likelyness is only in the black hair, the white thing surrounding the eyes, and the versatility.

Luis Garcia had an ability for narrow spaces that Benayoun hasn't. Luis Garcia had a header ability that Benayoun hasn't. And Luis Garcia had scoring numbers that I find difficult for Benayoun to reach.

Benayoun in the other hand is a handy player if you want to keep possession. He tries attacking actions yes, but also knows stopping and looking elsewhere if necessary. He's also more comfortable when he drives the ball (runs with the ball). Better use of the ball I think you say.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:37 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Garcia is a better player than Yossi , he was frustrating at times, but always had the balls to try and make something happen, no matter how many times he messed up in a game. People forget how many times he got crucial goals when the game was on a knife edge. He wasnt consistent enough to be a first team regular but would have done more for the team than Benayoun IMO

U 're a joke with this comment , luis lost the ball so easily , never knew if u gonna see him score a blinder or miss just a easy goal , He was one of the most frustrating players to watch , Yes he came up with crucial goals , Spurs for example scored the only goal , juventus in the champions league , but WAS NVER CONSISTENT ENOUGH , Yossi is so much more consistent , Keeps the ball well , tracks back well and is a goal poacher , besiktas game and Havant for example scored from the scarps , very fast to react unlike luis
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Toffeehater wrote:U 're a joke with this comment , luis lost the ball so easily , never knew if u gonna see him score a blinder or miss just a easy goal , He was one of the most frustrating players to watch , Yes he came up with crucial goals , Spurs for example scored the only goal , juventus in the champions league , but WAS NVER CONSISTENT ENOUGH , Yossi is so much more consistent , Keeps the ball well , tracks back well and is a goal poacher , besiktas game and Havant for example scored from the scarps , very fast to react unlike luis

Er luis wasnt quick to react ??

Hows about valentines day 2 years ago when we played Arsenal at home and he followed in to score in the last minute. Yet another big game goal.
I like Yossi but so far his goals have been in games that there will be endless chances against poor sides.
Luis scored against the top sides and scored goals from out of nothing.

He may have frustrated but i would love him to still be here.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:29 pm

I wouldn't say either player was particularly "better". What Benayoun is though is noticeably quicker than Luis was. Garcia had a really sharp footie brain and got himself into similar positions as Yossi but often struggled to get half a yard on an opposing defender.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:04 pm

I think Garcia gave the ball away as often as he gave it to a LFC player.

I also, think Benayoun is a freebie who should be played only when we have injuries, not really good enough to start for LFC except in domestic cup competitions.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:U 're a joke with this comment , luis lost the ball so easily , never knew if u gonna see him score a blinder or miss just a easy goal , He was one of the most frustrating players to watch , Yes he came up with crucial goals , Spurs for example scored the only goal , juventus in the champions league , but WAS NVER CONSISTENT ENOUGH , Yossi is so much more consistent , Keeps the ball well , tracks back well and is a goal poacher , besiktas game and Havant for example scored from the scarps , very fast to react unlike luis

Er luis wasnt quick to react ??

Hows about valentines day 2 years ago when we played Arsenal at home and he followed in to score in the last minute. Yet another big game goal.
I like Yossi but so far his goals have been in games that there will be endless chances against poor sides.
Luis scored against the top sides and scored goals from out of nothing.

He may have frustrated but i would love him to still be here.

We all agree that luis is a big game player but , how many big games are there in a season , i'd take yossi any day based on consistency
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:19 pm

It appears to me, by comments in this thread that

1. garcia can only score in big games, which we invariably win when he did

2. Benayoun can only score against crappy teams, which we invariably win also.

so the key is to bring back garcia for big games, and play yossi in the shit ones. that would mean we would win most of our games and win the league

So in a nutshell (and bigmick will love this), we ROTATE yossi and luis. Dont you just love rotation :D

Problem solved, we can all go home now :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:50 pm

PMSL  :D
LFC2007

Postby redhayesy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:I miss little Luis  :down:

too right Leon,especially when he sucked his thumb
after scoring! :D
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 pm

I really think we miss Garcia, yeah ok he struggled at times but he had flare and something different, Yossi is a similar player but Luis could just do something out of the blue which would change a game or create something.

I like Beniyoun but think he's more effective when he plays more central as he isn't a true wide man :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:56 am

LFC2007 wrote:PMSL  :D

best post ive done in ages  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion