Worst ever

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby matt74 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:38 pm

now i'm a little bit drunk so please excuse any spelling mistakes, but i was thinking that now we have a team that can proudly say are kings of europe, the tams that have led up to this shouldn't be forgotten. We have had some very good players in the last ten years or so fowler and macca to name 2, but my mind kept drifting to all the :censored: players weve seen at anfield. i know there have been a few threads about these guys so i was wondering who the worst manager was. souness was the first person that sprung to mind but he had alot of problems with a squad that was aging and needed to rebuild, although ultimately he failed i'm not sure he was the worst. roy evans maybe? Houllier?

let me have your opinions.

by the way, i am not doubting any manager's comitment to the club just their ability. ie formations buys and sales etc

seeing as i've had a few i'll start the ball rollling with Roy evans, a true liverpool man but not the best manager...
“If you are in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put
it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” Bob Paisley
matt74

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:44 pm

ye, roy evans was sh1t... we kept finishing 11th n that.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby MCYan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:54 pm

Roy Evans is the worst manager of Liverpool since i became a fan of Liverpool
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:03 am

Don't think Roy finished as low as 11th, think you're talking sh*t there mate, I apologise if I'm wrong though. I have no recollection of Liverpool finish out of the top 10 in the EPL, ever. Think our lowest was 7th or 8th.
Last edited by Gareth G on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:05 am

You fu*kin jokes, u dont start naming and shaming all the managers you didnt like cos weve won the european cup, yeah Evans wasnt a great manager but we dont need a fu*kin thread on it 7 years after he left, These threads are starting to take the p!ss, oh and fact Roy Evans only finished out the top 4 once, the year he took over from souness, so this 11th lark is bullsh!t, me thinks one or two of you have only been supporting us since the 25th of may.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloAimar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:08 am

so i exagerated a little! jeeez! chill out! i was only answering the question... actually souness was :censored: too.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Gareth G » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:13 am

Garymac wrote:You fu*kin jokes, u dont start naming and shaming all the managers you didnt like cos weve won the european cup, yeah Evans wasnt a great manager but we dont need a fu*kin thread on it 7 years after he left, These threads are starting to take the p!ss, oh and fact Roy Evans only finished out the top 4 once, the year he took over from souness, so this 11th lark is bullsh!t, me thinks one or two of you have only been supporting us since the 25th of may.

Calm down there buddy lol.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:16 am

KOP-1892 wrote:
Garymac wrote:You fu*kin jokes, u dont start naming and shaming all the managers you didnt like cos weve won the european cup, yeah Evans wasnt a great manager but we dont need a fu*kin thread on it 7 years after he left, These threads are starting to take the p!ss, oh and fact Roy Evans only finished out the top 4 once, the year he took over from souness, so this 11th lark is bullsh!t, me thinks one or two of you have only been supporting us since the 25th of may.

Couldnt help it its to hot mate and the heat is getting to me....and so is some of these topics!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby matt74 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:21 am

garymac, i never started the thread to slag any of the managers off, i just think that now we have what seems to be a truly great manager it is a good time to remember what has come before him. I have supported LFC since about 1980 and i have seen good and bad. it's all very well to remember the good things but if you don't remember the bad and learn from it you will never get anywhere.

Roy evans spent god knows how many years serving this great club and i have a hell of alot of respect for the way he worked his way up through the ranks and eventually fulfilled his dream of being manager. But it is worth remembering that he didn't do a very good job IMO and therefore we can learn from his mistakes.

why not add something constuctive to the thread instead of just slating it because i point out that we have had bad managers AND bad players.

there have been plenty of threads where players get slagged off and i've not seen you standing up saying they take the p!ss....
matt74

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:21 am

Souness is perhaps the ONLY manager worth taking criticism and NOT just for his ability to manage but the release of his heart Op story to teh S*n on the 15th of April was naive at best and extremely disrespectful.

Evans NEVER finished outside the top 4 which these days is good enough to win you the European Cup so it's a bit harsh to have IMO a cheap shot at a loyal and long serving servant of ou great club ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matt74 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:30 am

Like i said at the start of the thread.i have had a few drinks and i just got to thinking...

not having a cheap shot at anyone.
matt74

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:34 am

Fair enough mate. Point taken :)

These worst ever polls tend to descend into laughable farce over the merits of Dundee over Kvarme but to be serious for a moment it's no fun having to watch them week in week out playing for the beloved !!!!!! :O
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matt74 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:39 am

thanx dalglish, i didn't want to descend into a slanging match....

like you say it isn't any fun watching those muppets run around and now that we have a team and manager that are looking good i thought it would be a 'better' time to talk about it.

maybe it's never a good time so...

sorry to any of you folks that got you blood boiling there...

anyway, i'm going to bed to sleep it off
    :sleep
matt74

Postby Gareth G » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:04 am

Garymac wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:

Couldnt help it its to hot mate and the heat is getting to me....and so is some of these topics!

Tell me about!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:49 am

We use to finish much closer on points to the champions off the prem, when Evans was in charge.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion