Worst ever

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby captainduck » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:51 am

have another guiness you rambling tart
captainduck

Postby Houllier=LFC » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:43 am

Im sorry if this pisses you off, but i love Roy Evans and his all out attacking tactics.
Houllier=LFC

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:41 am

The best position we achieved with Roy Evans was 7th i think.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:48 am

I am fuc.king livid about the kind of shi.te some people on here spout, especcially about a man who gave most of his life to the Liverpool cause like Roy.

As Murf and Dalglish pointed out, only one finish outside the top four, and 10-15 points being the most we finished behindthe champions is testament to what he did as manager.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:53 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:I am fuc.king livid about the kind of shi.te some people on here spout, especcially about a man who gave most of his life to the Liverpool cause like Roy.

As Murf and Dalglish pointed out, only one finish outside the top four, and 10-15 points being the most we finished behindthe champions is testament to what he did as manager.

Have to agree with you there leon, and you won't hear me say that very often :)

Evans was a good manager and as you say we were nearly always close to the top of the league during his reign.  His only problem was that he didn't seem to be hard enough on his players to put them in their place when they needed it.  People like fowler, ince and mcmanaman had too much of a say and got away with murder at times.

It's a disgrace that some people on here are disrespecting a man who loved this club and who was in tears on the day he left.  This reminds me of a thread on Phil Thompson recently where people were spouting off similar cr@p
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:46 pm

You lot should stop @rse licking each other ,the lad only wanted opinions on previous managers .

He hardly slated Evans,and in fairness if he wanted to he is well within his rights.After all this forum is about opinions.
66-1112520797

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:48 pm

And its also within everyone's rights to further take the opinion into a deeper level.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:07 pm

Bamaga man wrote:You lot should stop @rse licking each other ,the lad only wanted opinions on previous managers .

He hardly slated Evans,and in fairness if he wanted to he is well within his rights.After all this forum is about opinions.

My comments weren't necessarily directed at the guy who started the thread

As you said yourself, this forum is all about opinions, so listen to your own advice
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:09 pm

i think john gregory is the worse manager ever... he kisses more men than morinho.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby mighty mo » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:18 pm

i think roy evens is getting a raw deal on this thread from some dubious posters,his contribution cannot be dismissed,he always played the  lads who came through the youth system every week and made them the core of the team like fowler macca owen redknapp matteo and the football was very attractive,in his time  at liverpool they were probably the best passing side in england.he only won the one trophy in his time but he bought respectability back after the souness ere where we were finishing mid table and getting embarresed in the cup competitions of lower league teams.roy evens never finished lower than forth  in his time so i don,t where the post came fromthat we finished seventh every season.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:44 pm

john craig wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:You lot should stop @rse licking each other ,the lad only wanted opinions on previous managers .

As you said yourself, this forum is all about opinions, so listen to your own advice

Why did you get so uptight about my previous comment?
Do you feel i was on about you?

I stand by my own advice but there seems to be a lot of clickyness round this forum.Which is ok but the blatant @rse licking is to much to bear and the ganging up on the newer members is a bit low.

I understand about them starting silly threads .But once one of the longer using members takes a swipe at his or hers thread its the same old people licking @rse and jumping on the bandwagon.But the thing is its  even more pathetic than the in threads themselves.

Sorry but thats just my opinion.
66-1112520797

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:47 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
john craig wrote:

Why did you get so uptight about my previous comment?
Do you feel i was on about you?

I stand by my own advice but there seems to be a lot of clickyness round this forum.Which is ok but the blatant @rse licking is to much to bear and the ganging up on the newer members is a bit low.

I understand about them starting silly threads .But once one of the longer using members takes a swipe at his or hers thread its the same old people licking @rse and jumping on the bandwagon.But the thing is its  even more pathetic than the in threads themselves.

Sorry but thats just my opinion.

Look I agree with a lot you say there, theres a discussion going on in the general chat about this sort of thing anyway, take a look at my post there, it echoes a lot of your views
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:57 pm

I read that John and what was that part about not posting to :censored: subjects and they will just fade away, about again  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:59 pm

I know i did read it after i posted this one.

Obviously i wasnt on about you then ,nothing personal forget it.
66-1112520797

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:58 pm

This thread just about sums it all up for me. I've just read it for the first time and am bemused to notice that people I'm swapping opinions with know so little. The anger I feel is directed not at them, but at myself for wasting my time. "We always finished 11th", and "the highest we finished was 7th". These things are not hard to check up on if the poster is too young to remember.
The bit that saddens me is not that these people are wide of the mark factually, its that they are missing the whole point, the ethos of being a Liverpool fan. The thing that makes Liverpool fans different. That thing that means when Vignal visits Anfield with Portsmouth, or Kirkland with WBA, or Berger with Villa they will get a good reception. Admittedly, Diouf may get some stick but nothing compared to what Paul Ince endures every time he goes to Manchester.
What we don't do is slag off one of our most loyal servants. Roy Evans was part of the Liverpool legend as far back as the Shankly era. He is the last surviving boot room devotee.
Opinions differ as to why he never delivered success as a manager. My own feeling is that his niceness was shamelessly exploited by the players of the spice-boy era. That allied to a few dodgy signings left behind from the Sounness era did for him in the end. I always felt a little uneasy about the way he was eventually jettisoned as the Houllier era was ushered in. Did he ever complain? Ever see an article int he press slagging the club off from Roy evans? Thought not. You never will either. I don't know if any of you lads are scousers, I'm not but I can tell you that if you are then he's 100% one of your own.
Don't slag Roy Evans off. Don't even talk about his record if you can't even be bothered to find out the facts and the background. This forum is becoming a joke and not a very funny one at that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion