Will we have to buy a new midfielder? - For cover.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:39 pm

Well with Zenden having to travel to the USA for an op on wednesday and he has been rulled out till the end of the season.
Such a pitty he was really starting to fit in aswell and chipped in with 2 goals, now weve lost him apparently till next season.
Darren Potter out for 2 months with a bad back.

Hamann has a slight injury now I know he will recover soon, Xabi just back from injury.
Sissoko very likely to pick up more cards before the seasons out, plus he has to go to the African Nations in January or February when ever it is.

We have the F.A. Cup, The Champions League and the Premiership, plus this Japan trip.
Whats everyones opinion will Rafa have to fork out for a new midfielder and who would be suitable?
Or have we got enough cover for now?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:43 pm

I don't think we need to buy another midfielder. He was starting to settle in but wasn't setting the world alight.

I thought that Sissoko didn't have to go to African Nations CUp because Mali didn't come anywhere near qualifying for the world cup or whatever[thats what I heard].
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:46 pm

we're getting a new right midfielder in anyway and we also have Kewell and Riise who can play on the left. Warnock can even play left mid worst comes to worst. Besides the right mid were getting, I dont think we need to sign anymore midfielders.

*Gonzales could possibly be coming in jan so were more than covered.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:52 pm

A.B. wrote:I don't think we need to buy another midfielder. He was starting to settle in but wasn't setting the world alight.

I thought that Sissoko didn't have to go to African Nations CUp because Mali didn't come anywhere near qualifying for the world cup or whatever[thats what I heard].

Well I dont know why he will have to go but Bolton have 5 players going, Dioufs going, to the African nations and Senegal isnt in the World Cup so it must be some other cup.

I didnt mean for cover on the left flank anyway, if Hamann would have gone off the other night we didnt have another midfielder on the bench for him.
If Xabi and Gerrard where to get injured we have no cover really, where as Zenden could have done a job in midfield.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:54 pm

Mali didnt qualify to the African nations cup so Sissoko isn't going anywhere
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:00 pm

Yeah course we need cover. We only have about 10-12 players who can play in midfield.

Its not as if we have more pressing issues like a centre half, striker and a winger or two.

I mean, Hamann, Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko in central midfield... can understand why you're worried...

Also, we could do with more cover on the left as Riise, Warnock, Luis Garcia and Kewell aren't enough. :laugh:
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:01 pm

Well I dont know why he will have to go but Bolton have 5 players going, Dioufs going, to the African nations and Senegal isnt in the World Cup so it must be some other cup.

Yes and Senegal were second in their group where as Mali weren't. I don't know how it exactly works but I know for a fact that Sissoko will not be going. I believe it's the first two teams in the group that go to the African Cup nations.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:07 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Yeah course we need cover. We only have about 10-12 players who can play in midfield.

Its not as if we have more pressing issues like a centre half, striker and a winger or two.

I mean, Hamann, Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko in central midfield... can understand why you're worried...

Also, we could do with more cover on the left as Riise, Warnock, Luis Garcia and Kewell aren't enough. :laugh:

:sleep  Oh here we go again, sarcastic @rse.
Your like a bloody old woman always f*ckin moanin grow up.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:08 pm

Sign Roy Keane on a free imo
Gaunt

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:16 pm

Gaunt wrote:Sign Roy Keane on a free imo

All of rafa's hard work'll be undone before you can utter the words "Big headed self opinionated irish tw@t"

Touch Keane and he'll have more damaging effect than paul ince ever did!!!

We've got more than enough cover in midfield bearing in mind that kewell and garcia are capable of playing a role in an attacking central position linking the midfield to the attack ort of in a diamond formation.

Always knew all those hours on champ manager would pay off  :p
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:31 pm

Clearly they haven't if you think you can play one central midfielder in real life.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:32 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Yeah course we need cover. We only have about 10-12 players who can play in midfield.

:sleep  Oh here we go again, sarcastic @rse.
Your like a bloody old woman always f*ckin moanin grow up.

Well stop posting :censored:. :D
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:47 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Well stop posting sh.it :D

If you think its sh.it why are you reading it and replying to it then?
Go an get a new @rse cause yer arl one stinks.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:06 am

It's by no means a ridiculous point to suggest we may need a midfielder. Zenden was aquired ostensibly as a left-midfielder, but also as one who could on occasions switch inside and play centrally. He actually as we all know showed his best form (such as it was) playing centrally for Middlesboro. His injury now means we have four authentic central-midfielders in Gerrard, Sissoko, Alonso and Hamann. If rafa plays the much vaunted 4-5-1 after January, then it's not unreasonable to assume that three of these players may be needed for a defensive set-up (I would assume that either Garcia, Kewell or Ping-Pong would normally play off the front man). It wouldn't need an injury crisis of any major proportions to see Riise playing in a central role which is an experience I don't want to relive given the choice.
The best option is as plain as the nose on your face. Ledley King, centre-half and holding midfielder rolled into one.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:08 am

ballack?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion