Why gerrard should have been allowed to go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 5th_Hokage » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:23 pm

Does selling Gerrard for £30m mean we will definitely have great players coming to Liverpool? Chelsea has lots of £30m to spend but could not find a decent striker. Any decent club will not sell their best player and any decent player will not join clubs that cannot keep their best player. We need all the pulling factors from our top players to attract talents. If Gerrard do sign, give the lad a chance and judge him only at the end of next season.
5th_Hokage

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:24 pm

what happens tho if cisse goes and scores 20 goals... do we offer him 100k as well?
we better keep a tight rein on our budget now i will say that
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steven-lfc-forever » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:47 pm

agree that rick parry should have gave stevie gerrard an extra large bottle of champagne straight after champions league final ......and said " oh yeah heres your contract until 2010"

letting it run on for 6 weeks was a farce

but :censored: that.....bring on the TNS  :nod
steven-lfc-forever

Postby 65-1114725958 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:56 pm

The thing is, it should be Rick Parry's decision whether he stays or not, not Steven gerrards. he does not run the club.

He thinks he is god,...fraid not, that was fowler in his anfield days.

We are better to sell now!

As for Rafa, talking to the other players and them agreeing to keep SG as captain, that is absurd. We can't have someone who doesn't know whether he's staying or going leading the Reds. Fraid not. What sort of message does that gove out to the rest of the squad???

Carra or Hypia.
65-1114725958

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:01 pm

barnesrush wrote:Jus think, imagine if when Baros was signed, he went on to become a player of SG's caliber and became captain. If he then went on to behave like stevie has apparently done (agents spin taken into account) there would not be any fans hesitating over whether we should accept this behaviour over a cheque for 35 big ones.

This is what i was saying yesterday too BarnesRush, if it was ANY other player (prob except Carra and very possibly Didi) then there would not be so much forgiving going on, I am sure of that, as i said yesterday, Liverpool FC is NOT about homegrown players (solely) but about WINNING.

If we were to win the CL/PL/watever else with no scousers or even no British players, everybody would still celebrate, because LIVERPOOL FC is who we support not Gerrard FC for example.

EDIT - oh yea StMick your post was Shi.te......... :rasp

Only joking....Class as per usual    :bowdown
76-1115222408

Postby Rowly88 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:08 pm

If he wentto madrid we could of got a offer where we bring Owen back witch would be good sinse we havnt really had a goalscorer this season.
Live 4 Liverpool Die for Liverpool

http://images.google.co.uk/images?....kJ:http

Thanks Rafa, steven and espeicaly you Jamie.
Rowly88

Postby teamleader1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:33 pm

Great call st michael - I agree totally- to be honest I was actualy relieved that SG had decided to go-I feel that as a captain of LFC he has acted in a discracful manner over the last 12 months- to me he has degraded the club with his will he wont he act, who are we signing,will we measure up to his standards?- LFC does not have to justify their standing to anyone in the footballing world never mind a player who in my mind has played more man of the match games in the papers than he actualy did on the pitch-
I was looking forward to the club investing 30mill on new talent and getting a true captain in carra- at the least we should take the captancy off him and give it to carra-
SG will have to get his head down and keep his mouth shut for a couple of seasons to convince me that this latest three ringed circus he alone has once again created, is truly a thing of the past- at the first sign of it reapearing LFC should show him the door-
Im sorry to say but his hollow claims of having pride in our club just does not add up with the fact that his own actions over the past 12 months have only stripped the club of its pride and made us a laughing stock-
only time will tell if his latest change of heart is the true SG-
dont hold your breath
teamleader1

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:42 pm

just because you have the money doesn`t mean you can replace the player, have you forgotten the 100 million houllier squandered? all these people saying gerrard didnt pull his weight last year etc..... well since gerrard broke into the team seven years ago i havent seen many more consistent or better players in thirty years of watching the reds. do you think souness and daglish were world beaters every season? in their day when the team was struggling someone else stepped up to the plate and the off days were forgotten. steven gerrard is a great player and in my opinion only graeme souness has been better in my time watching the reds, and that includes some of my hero`s like jimmy case, terry mcdermott, jan molby, ronnie whelan and steve mcmahon. gerrard has shown for england and even for us in the cl final not only is he the best centre mid player in the league he is also the best right back and probably the best right sided midfielder too, the lad is a footballing phenomenon.
he`s been under a lot of pressure to leave from so called experts like mark lawrenson and every two bit journalist with comments like he needs to go to chelsea or madrid to develop and liverpool is holding him back and i bet at every england camp all the london and foreign brigade are probably saying why are you still living up there? londons where its at. what 24 year old wouldnt be confused?
its easy us all saying we would never leave but who wouldnt fancy playing in a hot country and living in a house like the one madrid gave to ste mcmanaman? liverpool in november isnt exactly the bahamas. steven gerrard showed today what this club means to him, and plenty of players like sol campbell, wayne rooney, rio ferdinand, joe cole, frank lampard etc etc have all left their boyhood clubs for whatever reason. steven gerrard though tempted with more money than any other british player in the history of the game has decided to stay. i think that says a lot about steven gerrard and liverpool football club.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:53 pm

Gerrards here for life now, the last 48 hours have been to much to take to be honest and the last thing i think we want to do is drag it on with all the different theorys that could have possibly caused this mess, whether we like it or not he is staying and as ive said in another thread, we will be glad he did in the years to come cos for 24 hours i had the horror of thinking are captain was gonna spend his peak years at the southern scum and now hes spending them with us i couldnt be more made up.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:32 pm

Really enjoyed ur post mate!agree with almost all of wot u said!But i do think that with Liverpoool being such a proud club and proud of thryre scouse routes they need scousers in the team!I dont think its a coincedence that Carra and Gerrard were our 2 best players by a country mile last season and they are both local lads that understand the special passion pool fans have 4 the club!I really hope Steve hits the ground running ths coming season cos i feel he needs 2 prove as he has done in the past that his hearts wth us!And also  dont think hed have been anywhere near as good 4 chelsea as he has been 4 us cos i believe his love for our great club is mostly why he plays so well!
66-1120597113

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion