Why gerrard should have been allowed to go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dward » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:39 pm

on liverpoolfc.tv Gerrard's said this will "never happen again" and the contract might be signed today.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 100%_liverpool » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:41 pm

Gerrard is a fine player but he must change his attitude. That's what everyone is :censored: off about. I've never seen a captain at Liverpool f.c act so badly last season. Please get your head sorted Steven because you are a class player but your over inflated ego is getting too much.
100%_liverpool

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:42 pm

Sean wrote:How can you suggest that selling the man that almost single handedly got us into the champions league last year and then played a bigger role than any one else in helping us win it should be sold ?  Please god Gerrard doesn't read this forum. 

I'm afraid yesterday the moderators tried to take the moral high ground and were busy painting Gerrard as a judas figure and were ranting that we'd be better off without him.  Stop trying to justify those comments.  Our captain will be playing in red next year and doing his best to lead us to more glory in the rafalution.  Get behind him and support him because he is going to be around for quite a while.

I think you miss the point, Sean. Some of us don't just accept these u-turns after he basically told us all he didn't want to stay. It's not an unconditional support forum, it's a "say what you feel" one. And I feel massively let down by one of my favourite players, and it's going to take a season of true Captain's play, and Stevie G magic, to undo the hurt.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:44 pm

dward wrote:on liverpoolfc.tv Gerrard's said this will "never happen again"

yeah right

well maybe it wont but we'll need to win the
premiership, the CL the the FA cup and MAYBE then he will be satisfied
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:45 pm

hes explained this as a complete balls up between senior sfx agents and cheatski/real...
if he signs, says it wont happen again, im with the guy

altho yesterday i hated him

didnt burn a top tho, im not that dumb lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:48 pm

with you on that dawson. Willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and I think we should all support him as he is an LFC player.

Carra should still be given the captaincy though.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:51 pm

i think stevie would agree on that. carra for captain, let stevie do his thing in midfield.
im looking forward to the next season
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Belfastred » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:55 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Sean wrote:How can you suggest that selling the man that almost single handedly got us into the champions league last year and then played a bigger role than any one else in helping us win it should be sold ?  Please god Gerrard doesn't read this forum. 

I'm afraid yesterday the moderators tried to take the moral high ground and were busy painting Gerrard as a judas figure and were ranting that we'd be better off without him.  Stop trying to justify those comments.  Our captain will be playing in red next year and doing his best to lead us to more glory in the rafalution.  Get behind him and support him because he is going to be around for quite a while.

I think you miss the point, Sean. Some of us don't just accept these u-turns after he basically told us all he didn't want to stay. It's not an unconditional support forum, it's a "say what you feel" one. And I feel massively let down by one of my favourite players, and it's going to take a season of true Captain's play, and Stevie G magic, to undo the hurt.

Agreed. Totally.

Imagine how the poor f**kers who burned their Gerrard shirts feel ( although this was a silly thing to do ).

I dont think I have ever been as shocked and upset by a transfer request as I was by gerrards yesterday. He now needs to sign quickly and put some closure onn this matter, hopefully once this is done we can start concentrating on the TNS games like we should be doing now.
Belfastred

Postby 100%_liverpool » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:56 pm

Yeah you're right dawson.
Let Stevie get his head down and let his feet do the talking and not his mouth. If J.C was made captain then he'd give much better interviews and keep Stevie out of the lime light.
100%_liverpool

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:00 pm

Basically he just needs to say no matter what the performances are in the future, he's a Liverpool man. He needs to tame the ego and realise that it's not just about him and he's not the only class player at the club. He also needs to seriously consider how all of this affects everyone at the club, and consider the pressure that'll be put on us, if, god forbid, we have a bad start to the season for example. SG is the only person who can stop that situation occuring.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby King Dogleash » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:09 pm

If you think about it there are no losers here, we have a great midfielder for at least another season, we stop Chelski getting a monopoly on all the best players for another year at least, we still have money for players and a good incentive for more to join, if Steve wants to leave at the end of next season again we will still get 30+ million for him.

Its been messy yes, and he has a lot to prove again to the fans but thats good! the only loser i can see is mourinho and chelski and who gives a fook about them!! :alien:
JESUS SAVES!! BUT GERRARD NETS THE REBOUND!!
King Dogleash

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:14 pm

I am confident Stevie isn't stupid enough to put us through this agian. He'd get crucified if he did, and realises that he would not be welcome at Anfield agian, and he coudln't handle that.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:19 pm

Owzat wrote:Sell the captain and make maybe £40m to £50m, I can make a case for it without exceeding ten paragraphs. One man maketh not a team and £40m+ buys a sh1tload of good players

Alright Statto, where you been hiding ??? :laugh:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:05 pm

We may never know the whole truth about what really happend inside LFC this past week .What does seem to come through however is a series of misunderstandings and hurt feelings .Agents aside we can point fingers at Gerrard for his apparent immaturity and at the same time pose questions as to why didn't the board nail down the contract in the immediate aftermath of Istanbul and generally speculate until the cows come home. None of that however makes a blind bit of difference ,the bottom line is we have retained Gerrard ,something most of us in here wanted . It's time now to maybe not forget but at least try to forgive .Lets get behind Gerrard and all the other lads ,give them our best support and get ready to come roaring out of the blocks when the new season kicks off.
Walk On .

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:08 pm

Wise words woof, spot on. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion