Who do you want to see in january? - Realistic suggestions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:05 pm

if reports are to be suggested, we've got about £12m to spend in the january transfer window. now given the state of the squad, who would you like to see brought in with that money? realistic suggestions only please. obviously we're probably looking at a striker as a priority.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:09 pm

stmichael wrote:if reports are to be suggested, we've got about £12m to spend in the january transfer window. now given the state of the squad, who would you like to see brought in with that money? realistic suggestions only please. obviously we're probably looking at a striker as a priority.

Well apparently Rafa is supposed to work miracles with our budget .So if he doesn't bring in four world class players for £12 million i say sack him .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:10 pm

stmichael wrote:if reports are to be suggested, we've got about £12m to spend in the january transfer window. now given the state of the squad, who would you like to see brought in with that money? realistic suggestions only please. obviously we're probably looking at a striker as a priority.

Sad but alot of targets I would have liked have been snaped up.I am out of ideas atm on this topic gotta have a good hard think about it.  :oh:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:10 pm

whoever he buys, i say we blame the owners

(see, I can type stupid stuff too)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:14 pm

dawson99 wrote:whoever he buys, i say we blame the owners

(see, I can type stupid stuff too)

Yeh cos it's feck all to do with the owners daws ,after all they've given him billions to spend and backed him to the hilt .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:15 pm

They have given him more than many other managers get :D

I want Rob Jones and Ruddock as dual managers :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:22 pm

new owners ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:24 pm

dawson99 wrote:They have given him more than many other managers get :D

I want Rob Jones and Ruddock as dual managers :D

well i cant argue with a that daws. He's had a hell of a lot more money than other managers in the championship anyway.

As for ruddock and jones , good shout that  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:25 pm

we're all just angry. of course we want Rafa to stay, but... he crazy. he is doing some bizarre stuff.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Realistically first and foremost I'd like Rafa to be here in January and I think he will. He has been the catalyst of many of our problems but I don't see it as logical to "sack him now". I think he at least deserves to see the season out.

Now thats cleared up I actually think that 12M would of been well spent on that new fella Sunderland bought from Hull, his name escapes me right now.

If it were me, I'd spend it on one player. Hmm... A striker.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:28 pm

dawson99 wrote:we're all just angry. of course we want Rafa to stay, but... he crazy. he is doing some bizarre stuff.

Agreed on that daws , i can't fathom why he brought of yossi ,i can't mate .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:29 pm

made in UK wrote:Realistically first and foremost I'd like Rafa to be here in January and I think he will. He has been the catalyst of many of our problems but I don't see it as logical to "sack him now". I think he at least deserves to see the season out.

Now thats cleared up I actually think that 12M would of been well spent on that new fella Sunderland bought from Hull, his name escapes me right now.

But we are supposedly lacking in midfield. What happens there .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:we're all just angry. of course we want Rafa to stay, but... he crazy. he is doing some bizarre stuff.

Agreed on that daws , i can't fathom why he brought of yossi ,i can't mate .

that's the straw that broke the camels back for me... just when you think he couldnt do something more bizarre...

as for 12mil? no idea!!!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
made in UK wrote:Realistically first and foremost I'd like Rafa to be here in January and I think he will. He has been the catalyst of many of our problems but I don't see it as logical to "sack him now". I think he at least deserves to see the season out.

But we are supposedly lacking in midfield. What happens there .

We're desperate in midfield and upfront, hopefully by Jan Aquillani will be fit.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:31 pm

My suggestions are...

1) Stephen Appiah.  Central midfielder and Ghana captain currently without a club but will play at the world cup.  Dodgy knees but what about a short term contract to take him up to the world cup?  Arsenal looked at him after he was released by Besiktas but didnt take him up, nor did another Prem club that had him on trial due to fitness concerns.  Couldn't be worse than Lucas as backup to Masch/Aquilani after xmas could he?

2) Aiden McGeady.  Might take all or most of the 12 million to get him, but he's a player that has really come on this season at Celtic imo.  Becoming more appreciative of team mates and better end product, while still a really tricky and quick player on the ball.  Can also play off the striker or either wing.

3) Gareth Bale.  Has completely lost his way and Redknapp doesn't seen to fancy him, but I remember him looking a classy young player a few seasons back.  I have doubts over Insua's credentials as 1st choice LB long term and there will always be doubts over Aurelio's fitness.  Could we hijack a reported 3 million January switch to Birmingham?  Worth it imo.

4)  Emile Heskey.  Did I just say that?!  Seriously though, we need a striker badly and more than that we need a target man in the squad so we can mix things up when not going to plan.  You know what you'll get and what you won't get with Heskey, but he's better than any striker in our squad bar Torres.  He'll also be available in January if reports are to believed.

5)  Luca Toni.  Why not?  Out of favour at Bayern, West Ham almost got him before the window shut.  Surely at 32 we could get a good half season out of him, he is proven quality.

6)  Ruud Van Nistelrooy.  On the slide and won't get a look in at Madrid this year.  If he's fit in January then at 33 I think he's still worth a look short term.

7)  Huntelaar.  What a weird few seasons for him.  A respectable half season at Madrid before being sold on, then talk of him being unsettled at Milan after just a few months.  Does have quality though and Spurs are hovering.  Worth a punt?  12 mil should get him I reckon.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion