Cisse - will he ever be the same again? - Great young player!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby morientes_gerrard » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:51 pm

After returning from injury against Juventus do you think Djibril Cisse will ever be the same player again? 

He looked as if his pace is still gonna be there but will he ever be able to get over what happened on 30th October 2004. A horrific double leg break? I like him very much and hope the commitment he has shown to return from his injury rewards him with the goals he deserves.

Will he always be weary of it and back out of challenges?
Will he be scared to use his lighting quick pace just incase he gets brung down(via his left leg)

I hope not and I can't see he will, he seems like a strong lad!

Good luck Cisse!

What do you think?

p.s. Has his running style changed? Looked like it in the Juve game.
morientes_gerrard

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:51 am

morientes_gerrard wrote:After returning from injury against Juventus do you think Djibril Cisse will ever be the same player again? 

He looked as if his pace is still gonna be there but will he ever be able to get over what happened on 30th October 2004. A horrific double leg break? I like him very much and hope the commitment he has shown to return from his injury rewards him with the goals he deserves.

Will he always be weary of it and back out of challenges?
Will he be scared to use his lighting quick pace just incase he gets brung down(via his left leg)

I hope not and I can't see he will, he seems like a strong lad!

Good luck Cisse!

What do you think?

p.s. Has his running style changed? Looked like it in the Juve game.

Maybe he had the sh*ts! In fairness, it wasn't really a tackle/challenge that did it. It was a collision. I am sure he'll be even better than before once he gets his fitness back up. He has a point to prove, and lost time to make up! Up the 'pool! :)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welshred » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:46 pm

there have been a few in the team that have had broken bones and came back as they were before but warnock stands out for me he still goes in strong theres no fear in the lad
welshred

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:53 pm

it's too early to say if this injury has effected Cisse buthis pace is still there and thats what he relies on so im my view he should be ok.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobG14 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:47 pm

Will he be the same player again? The question is was he a good player in the first place?

Personally i have never rated him, all strength and pace but no brain. I hope he proves me wrong and in time he may, but injuries like that take their toll and although he has potential i just can't see him fulfilling it now but you never know
RobG14

Postby JC_81 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:48 pm

7_Kewell wrote:it's too early to say if this injury has effected Cisse buthis pace is still there and thats what he relies on so im my view he should be ok.

Exactly, all I was really worried about was whether he'd still be as quick.  Looks like he is so no worries.  Any psychological effect the leg break has had on him will fade with time.

I think its a bit of a myth these days that players are not the same after they've had a leg break.  Fair enough a few decades ago treatment and rehabilitation methods were not as good and players suffered.  However these days I cannot think of a single player who has broken a leg and not come back from it as good as ever (apart from David Busst for coventry v the scum which was unfortunate)

High profile succes stories are far more frequent.  Larsson, Andy Cole, Baros, Carragher to name a few.

It seems that hamstring injuries (Owen) or cruciate damage (Shearer and Mols) are more likely injuries to cause a player to have to change the way they play or cause them to lose a yard of pace these days.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:50 pm

Total respect to the guy. I had a cold shiver watching him run again as that was a horrendous break, but he has some balls nagging RB to play him and wanting to play in a CL quarter final
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby YoungAdam » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:46 pm

When he came on against Juve, the entire pub errupted with cheers. He's a great player. I can't see him losing much pace but he may be a little more weary when facing serious hard case defenders...
YoungAdam

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion