7 th
5%
8 th
No votes
Lower than 8 th
3%

Total votes : 66

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 pm

I think we will get 3rd, not only do I think we have a strong team but I also feel the other teams are going to be weaker.

I think Arsenal are going to be the shock good team this year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:24 pm

lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 pm wrote:feel the other teams are going to be weaker.

???  what makes you say that Lakes.

Haven't kept up with their transfer activity but don't think they've signed anyone of note ? Maybe you're convinced they'll sign Suarez   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:42 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:24 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 pm wrote:feel the other teams are going to be weaker.

Haven't kept up with their transfer activity but don't think they've signed anyone of note ? Maybe you're convinced they'll sign Suarez   :D

lol He heard it from his mate lol
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:00 pm

lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 pm wrote:I think we will get 3rd, not only do I think we have a strong team but I also feel the other teams are going to be weaker.

Which teams do you think will be weaker and why Lakes ?

And Arsenal the strong team ?
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:00 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 pm wrote:I think we will get 3rd, not only do I think we have a strong team but I also feel the other teams are going to be weaker.

I see Man City having a slow start and Man u, Chelsea will be very strong out of the blocks and I think we will aswell.

I don't see Man U not winning the prem but will be chased hard by Chelsea.

Man City fans seem to think theres unrest at the club and I think this will be their downfall year.

Arsenal  will be pushing us hard for 3rd...why, I think they have some good players that have not shown how good they can be but they will this year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Unrest at City ? Really ? Why exactly. After their signings this summer I think they could possibly stroll to the title
Benny The Noon

Postby heimdall » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:59 pm

lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:00 pm wrote:

I see Man City having a slow start and Man u, Chelsea will be very strong out of the blocks and I think we will aswell.

I don't see Man U not winning the prem but will be chased hard by Chelsea.

Man City fans seem to think theres unrest at the club and I think this will be their downfall year.

Arsenal  will be pushing us hard for 3rd...why, I think they have some good players that have not shown how good they can be but they will this year.

So you really think that having a new relatively inexperienced, in terms of top flight management, manager at Manure, who is taking over from a manager who has been there for a long time and was incredibly successful, will not have any effect at all and that it will be a seamless transition, I really can't see that and most Manure fans are a bit nervous as well.
I think it will be between Citeh and the chavs, Manure a way behind in 3rd and us hopefully sneaking into 4th.
heimdall

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:32 pm

I voted for third .....Why not ? Besides I think I will reserve judgement for what I see when I take my place at Anfield ,rather than listen
to the media or those so-called expert pundits.

:buttrock YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:58 pm

anyway i am looking forward to this season just as much as I was looking forward star wars phantom menace.....just hope it feel as let down as I was then.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:24 pm wrote:

yes I think they will get Suarez.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:09 pm

lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:11 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:24 pm wrote:

yes I think they will get Suarez.

So you think that we will be challenging for 3rd without Suarez  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

That we would potentially have a better season than the Gooners (with Suarez) and City  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Pass me whatever you are having mate, that is some STRONG mind bending s**t.
Last edited by eds on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:41 pm

YES we will challenging for 3rd without Suarez.....we must .
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:46 pm

6th, probably miles of the top and will be out of contention for champions leagues places after about 25 games, unless something drastic happens in the next few weeks, this squad is far from good enough and if Suarez leaves we've had it. If Suarez stays and we actually buy a central defender and some quality then maybe we can take 5th, id be amazed if we finish in the top 4. Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City are miles ahead of us and Spurs and Arsenal will be difficult to catch with the current squad.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:33 am

I've gone for 3rd as well as I think you have to be positive and I see too many negative realists on here nowadays. A lot of teams are in transition and we have a good year with the new boss now. Things were looking fairly decent at the end of last season so I see no reason for us not to be challenging for 3rd and 4th at the very least. I am often a little bemused at all the posts about quality signings that other teams have made and how that will be the difference. Whether you score one goal or 20, you can only win 3 points a game and we showed at the end of the season that we're capable of grinding the points out. With regards the Arsenal thing, no one has considered the fact that WE could be playing games with Arsenal as they are a main rival. Perhaps we're stringing them along with the Suarez thing to keep them from going elsewhere and put them in a situation that we're afraid we'll end up in? For me Wenger is under as much pressure as anyone this season to finally splash the cash and make a challenge, so don't assume the game is up there.

AVB is never going to be a successful manager in my mind. No doubt you'll laugh at it, but he doesn't have the look in his eyes of someone strong enough to do it for me....I often don't think he believes it himself...totally different to a Fergie or Mourinho and I think you need that to be successful. Chelsea are in transition and still dependant on a lot of old players so it will be interesting to see how they recycle and it will also be interesting to see how Mourinho settles in and the players fall in line. Man U are facing their biggest challenge of the last 25 yrs I would say. Man City could go either way for me, they could become a genius team, or you could see the boss being fired by Christmas. the stakes are so high there and if the results are not directly forthcoming it could be a sh1thouse.

I'll join you all in misery if we don't sign other players by the end of the window as I agree we could use more quality, but I can't believe that this is not part of the plan. My only concern is that we were so fast out of the blocks with the first signings, it's nerve wracking that things seem to have dried up for the time being, I hope this doesn't mean we are missing all of our targets. Gotta keep the faith though....I think it will be one of the more interesting seasons this one coming. I can't wait and I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.
Homebooby

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Carra's opinion on Sky Sports:

Liverpool

JAMIE: I want to see my old club go well but it's not going to be easy to get into the top four unless they make another couple of signings; maybe one defensively and one in the attacking areas. I'd like to see them do that even if they keep Luis Suarez and I think there's money to do it so I'm sure Brendan Rodgers will bring in at least one player before the end of the window. If they go with what they've got right now I don't think it will be enough for the top four.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion