7 th
5%
8 th
No votes
Lower than 8 th
3%

Total votes : 66

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:58 pm

If Arsenal stay as they are then they will be challenging Spurs for that CL spot. Spurs have taken a step ahead with the signings they have made - it will be down to how Arsenal counter that
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:53 pm

I've gone for 6th, I always get these wrong tho  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:19 pm

I used to think like laza.  :D

Realistically I'll say 5th with the ever lasting hope of 4th.

I believe with an extra year under his belt and the core of players at the club, we'll improve. Fingers crossed.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:17 pm

If Suarez stays, 4th.  If he goes and we don't get in a couple of really good players for the money, 6th.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm

too early to say really, what happens with suarez will have a big say on where we finish.
if he goes to arsenal you can write off a top 4 finish, thats for certain.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:45 pm wrote:too early to say really, what happens with suarez will have a big say on where we finish.

I don't see that really.  I do agree that if he leaves We'll be in a tough spot.

But Arsenal?  If Suarez goes to Arsenal they will be in the same exact position as they have been every year.  Fighting to stay in the top four and out of CL in the Quarters at best.  He would not make them better.  They are fine at putting the ball in the net.  They need to keep it out of their own.

The whole "Suarez to Arsenal" thing to me makes no sense whatsoever, other than a half hearted approach to appease their fans.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby john22 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:00 pm

A realistic analysis for me will bring us to the 4th place, but I hope we'll get the championship. Miracles do happen at times.
john22
LFC Basic Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:00 pm

I'd say 6th as I hope finally overtake Everton, but there is no indications with the signings we've made that we will get close enough to the rest.
Maybe if Spurs loose Bale, we'll be looking at 5th, but that's it.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:46 am

I think I'll wait until 1st Sep to post my prediction....................
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:51 am

devaney » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 am wrote:I think I'll wait until 1st Sep to post my prediction....................

Me too.

The current squad we have is good enough to finish just below 4th.

We need 2 quality players to come into the side. At the moment we have spent (NET) 2-3m I think in transfers?  :no
If we don't bring them in I will be asking for the owner's to sell. Enough is enough.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Boocity » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 am

I would expect us to be challenging top 4, favourites are man city and chelsea but will be interesting to see what happens with utd now fergie has gone and spurs if they lose bale. I think bale going would be a massive loss for spurs (more so than us losing suarez) as he won so many games for them last season
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:07 am

Boocity » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 am wrote:I would expect us to be challenging top 4, favourites are man city and chelsea but will be interesting to see what happens with utd now fergie has gone and spurs if they lose bale. I think bale going would be a massive loss for spurs (more so than us losing suarez) as he won so many games for them last season

And I want to see how Manure do this year without Fergie time
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:07 am

Champions  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock .............of fair play.

On a serious note 6th is a realistic target without Suarez but only with the 40+ million pounds reinvested in our squad (with Suarez we could get 5th).

Arsenal & Spurs are still stronger than us. If Bale goes Spurs will have 85 million pounds to reinvest + a decent player from Madrid. They won't just flop. Arsenal are now experts at finishing 4th, I don't see how anything has changed from last season for them

Chelsea, City & Utd business as usual top 3 for them. Utd might wobble a bit but they still have enough to finish top 3. City will be a work in progress but will still be up there. Chelsea will be champions.

1. Chelsea
2. Utd
3. City
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Us
7. ..
8. ..
9. ..
10. Everton
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:38 am

The Good Yank » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:56 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:45 pm wrote:too early to say really, what happens with suarez will have a big say on where we finish.

I don't see that really.  I do agree that if he leaves We'll be in a tough spot.

But Arsenal?  If Suarez goes to Arsenal they will be in the same exact position as they have been every year.  Fighting to stay in the top four and out of CL in the Quarters at best.  He would not make them better.  They are fine at putting the ball in the net.  They need to keep it out of their own.

The whole "Suarez to Arsenal" thing to me makes no sense whatsoever, other than a half hearted approach to appease their fans.

arsenal havent finished outside the top 4 in 16 years mate, they have the experience and know how to get results when it really matters.
where as we drop points to teams we should be beating in the run in, arsenal have an ability to pull irons out of the fire, whenever arsenal drop silly points it tends to be early on in the season, once they get to february their experience kicks in.
if suarez joins arsenal the gap between us and them will become unbridgeable imo, they are already ahead of us and i just dont see how that gap will close by selling them our best player (who just also happens to be the best player in the division).
in the guardian a few days ago a DoF from the continent wrote an article about possible transfers that could happen in the prem and he said if liverpool sold their best player to arsenal their prestige would take a huge blow within the game.
if we sell arsenal suarez it wont be just on the field where we suffer, it will be off the field too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby crim cram » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm the most optimistic person i know, but there are two of you way more optimistic than me  :D
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion