7 th
5%
8 th
No votes
Lower than 8 th
3%

Total votes : 66

Postby heimdall » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 pm

I really think 4th is Achievable, Bale leaving will destabilise Spurs, Arsenal haven't strengthened really so I can see us finishing above them and pinching the 4th spot.
it will be really really interesting to follow Utd though, I think they might have a massive wobble at the start of the season and rememebr that Rooney, if he stays will be one unhappy bunny.
heimdall

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:16 pm

if we keep suarez (and agger) and bring in a couple of first team type signings i think fourth is comfortably within our reach, we finished the season well dont forget and more than held our own against the big sides.
even if we lose suarez to a foreign club that would make thinks harder obviously but 4th still wouldnt be out of reach.
the one thing we cant afford to do though is take a giant step backwards, and thats exactly what would happen if we sold our best player to one of our direct rivals.
the club have managed the suarez/arsenal situation well up to now but i just have no confidence that they will stick to their guns over this, i can just see them cashing in on luis and then writing another one of those open letters to the echo explaining why there was nothing else they could do because luis wanted to go to arsenal and we`ll move forward together as a club etc etc and all that type of soft soap baloney
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:30 pm

But how many seasons has it been now that we finish strong when the pressure is off and 4th is long way gone?
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:16 pm wrote:if we keep suarez (and agger) and bring in a couple of first team type signings i think fourth is comfortably within our reach, we finished the season well dont forget and more than held our own against the big sides.
even if we lose suarez to a foreign club that would make thinks harder obviously but 4th still wouldnt be out of reach.
the one thing we cant afford to do though is take a giant step backwards, and thats exactly what would happen if we sold our best player to one of our direct rivals.
the club have managed the suarez/arsenal situation well up to now but i just have no confidence that they will stick to their guns over this, i can just see them cashing in on luis and then writing another one of those open letters to the echo explaining why there was nothing else they could do because luis wanted to go to arsenal and we`ll move forward together as a club etc etc and all that type of soft soap baloney

your wrong we will move forward as a group  :D  and dont forget there will be more than likely be an announcement of nothing happening with the stadium  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Penguins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:30 pm wrote:But how many seasons has it been now that we finish strong when the pressure is off and 4th is long way gone?

Well we can't use the fixture list as an excuse this season.  We should be picking up a lot of points early on.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:54 pm

If Suarez goes I think we will finish 7th maybe 8th. The teams around us are improving and we are standing still, in fact no we are going backwards.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:09 pm

I put lower than 8th, in protest. Realistically, I think 6th seems about right for us given the early Suarez ban and the fact that we failed to strengthen in the transfer market (so far. Reina replaced by Mignolet might prove to be a step backwards).
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:26 pm

aCe' » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:09 pm wrote:I put lower than 8th, in protest. Realistically, I think 6th seems about right for us given the early Suarez ban and the fact that we failed to strengthen in the transfer market (so far. Reina replaced by Mignolet might prove to be a step backwards).

In protest at what?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:11 pm

1. chelsea
2. man city
3. man utd
4/5 could go either way tottenham, arsenal
6. liverpool

with spurs adding paulinho, chadli, soldado, plus many more if bale goes, and arsenal wanting a marquee signing, i cant see liverpool being able to achieve any higher than 6th.
i do see a vast improvement in the team but we are still lacking 3-4 quality signings before i would consider us being able to compete with the top 5..
brentd4

Postby Doeboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:14 pm

As things stand 6th. Still feel we need to improve the team and hope we do that this month. I may be wrong and maybe some of our signings so far will really surprise us and improve the team but my gut feeling is they won't improve it by the margins that are required. As already mentioned,
Arsenal turn it on when it matters. Wenger has been there and done it. They have a nucleus of a good young team and no doubt they will strengthen in this window. Spurs have gone out there and brought in players who will improve their team and if they keep Bale, they are looking seriously strong. If they lose him, no doubt they will go out there and spend more money. We may sneak 5th if one of them has a bad season but can't see us finishing ahead of both of them as things stand.
Doeboy

Postby Rush Job » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Well the owners will be happy, they have us content to finish 6th. But when your best signing is some lad Aspas and southampton are buying better players than you, norwich too. Then i suppose it`s about right. 6TH from me too.  :no
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Got this gut feeling we will do well, and LFC fans everywhere will be pleasantly  surprised.  I say 2nd, though you never know, with Suarez still in the side, a couple of quality signings that bed straight into the team (as 1st teamers), we can get 1st. :nod
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Penguins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 pm

That is the biggest achievement of the owners. Making 6th acceptable in the shortest space of time.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 am

heimdall » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:45 pm wrote:I really think 4th is Achievable, Bale leaving will destabilise Spurs, Arsenal haven't strengthened really so I can see us finishing above them and pinching the 4th spot.
it will be really really interesting to follow Utd though, I think they might have a massive wobble at the start of the season and rememebr that Rooney, if he stays will be one unhappy bunny.

I agree with the Spurs comment. Look at their squad, even with Soldado it doesn't look that impressive without Bale. Maybe it's me but their midfield looks poor now Bale has gone.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:40 am

They are left with Sandro Paulinho Lennon Dembele Parker  Siggurdsson Holtby Chandli - that's still a very good midfield
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion