Can't wait for the season to start

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 pm

He's underrated by me that's for sure. I think he's garbage. Glasgow Rangers was about his level. In the Champions League final Gerrard made him look like a mug.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:41 pm

which one mick as he didnt in the first half of the cl final nor in the second cl final . During that first half in the first one Gattuso patrolled that midfield superbly breaking up attacks and allowing Pirlo and Kaka the space to destroy us .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:44 pm

In the first one, in the first half we were just lulling them into a false sense of security. It was all aprt of Rafa's tactical masterplan to go 3-0 down at hlaf time then ambush them.

The second one doesn't count because we styled ourselves into confusion. We thought it might be an excellent idea to leave our top goalscorer on the bench. Unfortunately it wasn't, though it seemed logical to some at the time, the plan proved ultimately to be b0ll0cks. hence, any performances in that game are rendered inconsequential in the debate.

Only the second half of the first game counts, and in that, Gattuso was garbage.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Right ok so you dont remember Gattuso robbing both Xabi and Gerrard numerous times of the ball then passing it nice and simply to pirlo and kaka to release the forwards and be the fulcrum of an outstanding first half . Also did pretty damn well in the second half bar that 6 min period .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:48 pm

I think he is decent but i do think he will struggle to play at the pace of the premiership week in week out.

In one off games i have seen him do well in the champions league (against united in the semis 07) but i genuinely have a feeling that he would start well and fade.

Dont know why really.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I think he is decent but i do think he will struggle to play at the pace of the premiership week in week out.

In one off games i have seen him do well in the champions league (against united in the semis 07) but i genuinely have a feeling that he would start well and fade.

Dont know why really.

i would say age mate but makalele was same age when he arrived and had no probs . Gattuso is a nippy fecker as well so could handle the pace and the hustle and bustle of it no probs as well . he would do his job nice and quietly . The only concern i would have would be how he has recovered from his injury and his discipline .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:54 pm

Makeleli was different class to captain cavemen IMHO. Anyways, no point in debating it really. Hopefully Ancellotti brings him in and he performs as well over the course of the whole season as Deco did.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 pm

If he arrives then mick we will have to have a nice friendly wager on him then .

P.S. Deco wasnt helped when he got injured while he was in great form then after that just couldnt get into the team - still a cracking little player .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:03 pm

No argument that Deco is a top player. Unfortunately for him though he proved about as suited to Engliah football as Fernando Morientes (who was also a good player apparently). Sometimes just being a good player isn't enough in England. Those who want to see David Silva play in England would get a similar result I think if we ever signed him.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:11 pm

i think Deco if he hadnt got injured when he did then he would of carried on being a very good player for them . It was a shame Nando never worked out as think he is a quality striker just the pace never suited him and it didnt help he arrived having not played football for 6-7 months . Silva i think will be different mainly due to his age and will still have years to develop and suit his game to the prem the way other young foriegn players have .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Last word syndrome..... alive and well.
ConnO'var

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Cheap digs that form no part of the discussion is still alive and well i see as well .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Irrational arguments lacking in reason or a modicum of sense coupled with bullheadedness often bring out the worst in me I guess.

Touche.
ConnO'var

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:51 pm

what is the point in your posts ?!?!?! getting fecking sick of all this sh.it being thrown around me and mick where having a debate about certain players he made his point i made mine end of fecking story now unless you have something to add to either of those opinions go and fu.cking hassle someone else cause im sick off it now .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:56 pm

GYBS wrote:what is the point in your posts ?!?!?! getting fecking sick of all this sh.it being thrown around me and mick where having a debate about certain players he made his point i made mine end of fecking story now unless you have something to add to either of those opinions go and fu.cking hassle someone else cause im sick off it now .

You do always need the last word though GYBS, it is quite annoying.

Anyway Gattuso is a complete and utter c%&t, I hope he does come over to the prem and gets seven shades of sh1t kicked out of him week in and week out. Horrible horrible human being
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion