What kind of welcome for the boss - How will anfield welcome the new chief

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:55 am

Madred.. no need to apologise just contribute to the debate :)

Dalglish..agree with your assessment... but you know I can feel the tingle in my spine already at the thought of the Boss taking his first steps on the hallowed turf; the roar. the cheers and the applause..wow :;):
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:00 am

zarababe wrote:but you know I can feel the tingle in my spine already at the thought of the Boss taking his first steps on the hallowed turf; the roar. the cheers and the applause..wow :;):

reading that also made the hairs on my neck stand, i went all cold, i cannot wait 4 the new season yano!
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:02 am

Such is the ficklesness of football though sometimes, one of the very best atmosphere's and welcomes I ever heard at Anfield was for a certain Gerard Houllier on his return from his heart op at the Roma game......

It's well documetated I supported GH throughout his time at LFC.......... NOT on his record but because of the dignity and respect he brought back to Liverpool after the debacle that was Souness.

Ok he ultimately failed to bring back the Holy Grail to Anfield but he nearly died trying and for that alone he ought to be afforded a little respect......

Lets hope we don't crucify Benitez in the same way ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:10 am

I think the decline of the club has been so complete ..not relegation stuff thank the Almighty..that an ispirational leader with some pedigree was needed. None of us can predict the future.. but the reputation of the new boss comes before him.. Gerrard was suitablyy impressed and all who have met him think he's special. I think this has been a real coup for the club  :)

As for GH.. I have much respect for him.. Souness was the worst thing to have happend to the club..  Houllier restored some stability.. and dignity..I wish him success where ever he goes.. LFC is in his heart too:)

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:20 pm

Hustler,

I love your comments man. Iam in no doubt this boy is a red through and through.

His comments and posts kill me. I am an out of towner like the Hustler and the afct is, I find scousers too emotional. this is probably why we have not won the league for f*****n 14 years, because you all go around saying we will support the team through thick and thin, YNWA, we won 4 european cups blah blah blah.

Th Hustler is speaking his mind, yes I wouldn't walk the streets at night in Liverpool, and yes hamman is a very negative player, and yes Carragher is about as slow as a donkey (even though he gives 110% every game......yawn!!!)

Give the guy a break, he is saying what most people think.

Hustler I salute you!!!!!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:53 pm

I'm an out of towner too.. but I find your comments and Hustler's are out of tune with this thread.. the government have a sight on community safety, why don't u log on their and air your views about feeling unsafe on Merseyside.. of course everywhere else is quite safe :p

Most dedicated Football fans are emotional.. scousers and Geordies are not an exception to the rule.. the fact is that depsite the club's inability to win the title for many years... we are still the target and record holders.. if you can't feel the history and tradition.. then I'm afraid your not a red.

This thread was intending to inject the spirit of a new era... Rafael Benitez has arrived and guess what your not invited to the party
:laugh: :laugh:

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:13 pm

Zara well said.

These two know nothings only want to be associated with the greatest club in England and imo the world because its fashionable and successful, something they aspire to be but unfortunately aren't.

They don't have any pride for the city or love and don't have any passion.

Fickle ****** who aren't real reds.
115-1073096938

Postby madred » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:22 pm

Was he saying what people think when he made absurd comments over Hillsborough Maximus! I think not! To support this great team you also have to believe in this great city and thats something some people dont want to know about! I find my city a very safe place to live and im proud of it!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:01 am

What did the idiot say about hillsborough?
115-1073096938

Postby madred » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:19 am

It was what he nearly said in the Rooney topic!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion