What has happened to riise ? - Why is back in business ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 05, 2004 12:56 pm

Or human race  :p
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 05, 2004 12:59 pm

ok... for the record i know that john arne riise is nto from brazil... i also know that his surname is not carlos...
i was making a small reference to alittle known brazillian left back who plays for some unknown team in spain and has shots similar to those of our own norwegian wizard.
For the record i would like to say (before anyone else says something) that i know that john arne riise is not an actual wizard... i thank you :laugh: :laugh:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 05, 2004 1:04 pm

ok cheers for clearing that one up :;):
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 05, 2004 1:16 pm

Lol dawson

I thought he was a wizard but not Brazilian

Now i am confused
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Wed May 05, 2004 6:51 pm

dawson99 wrote:ok... for the record i know that john arne riise is nto from brazil... i also know that his surname is not carlos...
i was making a small reference to alittle known brazillian left back who plays for some unknown team in spain and has shots similar to those of our own norwegian wizard.
For the record i would like to say (before anyone else says something) that i know that john arne riise is not an actual wizard... i thank you :laugh: :laugh:

You fooled me - sorry mate ! :D
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu May 06, 2004 12:41 am

Back to the matter in hand...

The lad is class and should have been persevered with even when his form dipped. A player like him that can wade in from the back and get 5-10 goals a season is well worth pencilling in every week, even if you do worry that his defensive frailties may cost you 1 or 2 over a season.

I think he's definitely got the potential to be better than the likes of Cole or Bridge. He's not that far away now, and once he and Harry start striking up more of an understanding, that left hand side is going to be devastating. Now all we need is Finnan to find some form, and for GH to sort us out a classy, pacy right-sided midfielder.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 06, 2004 12:47 am

Don't want to put a dampener on everyones new found optimism regarding Rise but it wasn't thast long ago when mnay in here were advocating getting irid , life is strange and football fans can be so fickle sometimes.

All I have to say is i'm pleased he has come through a bad patch although in his defence would you be confidant when you see Smicer up ahead of you on the left ??? Kewell, although not been performing to his high standards recently has been instrumental in giving rise the confidence to play up and down the left and use his obvious speed and stamina.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu May 06, 2004 3:06 am

Horray for Riise :laugh:
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 06, 2004 4:48 am

I agree, Riise is a class, but not sure if he's a pure Viking  :D (kidding Thor...)
He went thru ups and downs, but that's football.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu May 06, 2004 7:36 am

Dalglish wrote:Don't want to put a dampener on everyones new found optimism regarding Rise but it wasn't thast long ago when mnay in here were advocating getting irid , life is strange and football fans can be so fickle sometimes.

yeah well, you know what they say.
"You're only as good as your last game."
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Thor Viking » Fri May 07, 2004 11:59 am

Starbridge42 wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Don't want to put a dampener on everyones new found optimism regarding Rise but it wasn't thast long ago when mnay in here were advocating getting irid , life is strange and football fans can be so fickle sometimes.

yeah well, you know what they say.
"You're only as good as your last game."

I think that`s a load of b*ll ! Every1 has downers during a long season ! Show me the player that`s brilliant all the time ?
Not even Zinedine or your own Gerrard manage that ! :angry:  :p
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri May 07, 2004 12:06 pm

i agree completely, which is why i would love to see houllier win a big trophy next year and listen to all the people calling for his head now, praising him and saying they were always backing and supporting him! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Thor Viking » Fri May 07, 2004 12:22 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:i agree completely, which is why i would love to see houllier win a big trophy next year and listen to all the people calling for his head now, praising him and saying they were always backing and supporting him! :cool:

Agreed ! You know, there is something that one DOES say :

" You`re never alone with a scizofrenic ! "
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri May 07, 2004 12:39 pm

what do u mean by that? :cool:
ICE-MAN

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion